Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamsters Laud Senate Passage of COVID-19

Press Contact: Galen Munroe Phone: (202) 439-7427 Email: [email protected]

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters are elated over the Senate’s approval of a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus measure containing a provision bolstering financially-troubled multiemployer pension plans that would ensure the retirements of more than 1 million American retirees and workers are protected.
    https://teamster.org/2021/03/teamste...jTywE14-dDxW14

Re: Teamsters Laud Senate Passage of COVID-19

Look at that POS Junior trying to make it look like he fought long and hard for it! It's a slap in the face for all those who worked non stop for years trying to get pension relief... the real heroes in all of this. I think that I'm going to try and get some sort of list of just who all those indibiduals are and give them the recognition they earned and deserve...

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
      Look at that POS Junior trying to make it look like he fought long and hard for it! It's a slap in the face for all those who worked non stop for years trying to get pension relief... the real heroes in all of this. I think that I'm going to try and get some sort of list of just who all those indibiduals are and give them the recognition they earned and deserve...
      I can get you some of them from Facebook as I followed quite a few..

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
        TDU from what I have understood over the years was heavily involved.. And I also believe the use of social media played a big part in from forums like TOL to Facebook and Twitter to help get the word out and it seemed to work..

VICTORY: PENSION PROTECTION PASSES THE U.S. SENATE!
        POSTED ON MARCH 06, 2021
        We did it! The Butch Lewis Emergency Pension Relief Act has passed the U.S. Senate and is expected to be signed into law within a week.

Seven years of grassroots organizing by retirees and workers has scored a historic victory, to protect earned pensions for hundreds of thousands of Teamster families and millions of American workers.

The American Rescue Plan Act (also known as the stimulus bill) passed the Senate today by a 50-49 vote. At 1 a.m. this morning, as the Senate pulled an all-nighter, an amendment by Senator Grassley to kill the Butch Lewis Act was defeated by that same vote of 50-49.

To all who helped, including the nonstop pension warriors, we say Thank You!

Who was Butch Lewis?

The bill was named for a dedicated Teamster and TDU leader, Butch Lewis. As a truck driver and local union leader, Butch was all about the doing the right thing with the members. He stood up for principles, even when it wasn’t the safe thing to do, such as when he ran for International vice president in 2006 on the Tom Leedham slate. After he retired, he worked tirelessly for pension protection, right up till the day he passed away. Butch’s wife Rita continued his work for pension protection.

We celebrate his dedication to this cause, and the dedication of so many others who proved the power of grassroots political mobilization.

Some Teamster leaders will no doubt claim credit for this victory and play some political game with it.

It can belong to all of us, a united movement to protect pensions. But it is appropriate that it was named not for a top Teamster official, but for Butch, who exemplified and lived rank and file power.

https://www.tdu.org/victory_pension_...aPpv2PfMM7ok2E

Comment

Working...
        X