Instacart and other home deliveries..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instacart and other home deliveries..

We have used Instacart a few times for grocery deliveries but lately they seem to screw up a lot.. But I guess you get what you pay for.. Today my wife ordered about $80 worth of groceries and the order said "delivered" we looked out and no groceries.. Of course they delivered them to the wrong house.. So she calls Instacart and they ask if she wants the credit or to have them redelivered.. She told them she needed the groceries so they reordered them for a afternoon delivery.. Short time ago we went out for our afternoon walk and there they were at the neighbors house.. So we walked up knocked and picked up our groceries and walked back home with them.. Now they are delivering a duplicate order and for our troubles they are giving us free delivery for a month.. We can't go out anyway so why not take advantage ?? Anyone else use home deliveries??

Re: Instacart and other home deliveries..

Using Shypt for the first time right now. The shopper is texting if they don't have stuff. No meats for this yet. A little nervous about that.
    They just texted they are now on the way here.
    Online orders do go to an apartment building 2 buildings away. An alley is between that building and ours. Divides east from west.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      Using Shypt for the first time right now. The shopper is texting if they don't have stuff. No meats for this yet. A little nervous about that.
      They just texted they are now on the way here.
      Online orders do go to an apartment building 2 buildings away. An alley is between that building and ours. Divides east from west.
      Slave, we have been getting all our meats from Wildforkfoods.com All food is frozen and so far for us is has been great.. restaurant quality meats at supermarket prices and their northeast warehouse is in Easton.. She paid a yearly fee of $29 and all orders over $35 comes with free next day shipping.. We don't have Shypt in our area yet, Just Instacart that does Walmart, Shoprite and Price Chopper and ShopRite also does their own .. Worked out for us today now because they duplicated the original order that we had picked up down the road at the neighbors..

Comment

Haven't been that brave but have used the Svc at Kroger where you order on line and they bring it out to your car, my wife did that last week for the 1st time as we had covid and we didn't go inside anywhere for a couple of weeks. Banana's were frigged up and they didn't have the peanut butter she prefers and they substituted it with another, other than that it was ok. What about produce when they deliver it to your door? Is it ok or not as good as if you picked it out yourself? Asking for a dumb a$$

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
          Slave, we have been getting all our meats from Wildforkfoods.com All food is frozen and so far for us is has been great.. restaurant quality meats at supermarket prices and their northeast warehouse is in Easton.. She paid a yearly fee of $29 and all orders over $35 comes with free next day shipping.. We don't have Shypt in our area yet, Just Instacart that does Walmart, Shoprite and Price Chopper and ShopRite also does their own .. Worked out for us today now because they duplicated the original order that we had picked up down the road at the neighbors..
          I'm getting lazier than I already was. Don't feel like going anywhere. We ran out of coffee on our first pot. The store is a block away LOL. They were taking delivery orders but it took one day. I checked today and they added Shypt which says you can have it in an hour. $10 plus a tip.
          Sounded like a plan to.me. My wife got us a new bed and blankets and I ordered some MyPillows a few weeks back...and I'm like retired when home...getting nothing done. I'll be shopping like that again. You can get deals to decrease the $10 charge also. It changed from one hour to 4 hours when I ordered....but they got here at 2 and a half.

I'll be checking out the meat place in Easton.
          I just need an instant cheap cigarette delivery place now.
          I'll just stay here all the time then.
          Last edited by slavenomore; 03-13-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

The Bad part I deal with is when I am shopping the employees that are going around getting food for someone else is always in a hurry and try to push me along. I swear there are more employees shopping now than live people getting their own food. I do not get in a hurry when I am shopping and im just in their way.

Comment

If anyone uses T-Mobile they can get a Free month's delivery from Instacart on their T-mobile Tuesday promotion today.. Also free MLB for the season..

Comment

My wife this year decided to start all our flowers and vegetables from seeds.. Have grow lights all over the house.. Yesterday she decided she needed two small lamps and went on Walmart.com... She gets a email that her lamps will be delivered on Tuesday and she is fine with it.. About 7 last night we get a knock on the door and there sitting on the porch were her two $15 lamps.. They delivered them from the local store.. She still has one $3 item that they will ship from some warehouse..

Comment

Working...
                X