X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost trailer

I hope this guy had an equipment issue.

Trucker’s runaway trailer ends up in interstate median
    The trailer of a semi-truck ended up in the median of an Indiana interstate after it became disconnected earlier this morning.
    The semi was headed northbound on Interstate 69 near the DeKalb-Steuben county line on the morning of March 15 when the trailer became disconnected near the S.R. 4 interchange.
    The trailer did not run into any other vehicles and did not sustain any damages, according to the Ashley-Hudson Police Department.
    https://cdllife.com/2021/truckers-ru...rstate-median/

Re: Lost trailer

I wonder if that is considered a preventable accident? Could have been much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
      I wonder if that is considered a preventable accident? Could have been much worse.
      I remember when I was at Redstar they had problems with the Holland fifth wheels.. And I remember dropping a tail while still in the tandem yard one night, according to the mechanic I talked too the dolly was out of service in Albany but found it's way back to the tandem yard.. Normally they would have been red tagged.. Guess I was lucky as I didn't even get out of the yard.. Then when at NewPenn they actually had signs made up to remind you to go back and check your fifth wheel.. I did hear about a few guys dropping trailers.. Comes with the territory...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        I remember when I was at Redstar they had problems with the Holland fifth wheels.. And I remember dropping a tail while still in the tandem yard one night, according to the mechanic I talked too the dolly was out of service in Albany but found it's way back to the tandem yard.. Normally they would have been red tagged.. Guess I was lucky as I didn't even get out of the yard.. Then when at NewPenn they actually had signs made up to remind you to go back and check your fifth wheel.. I did hear about a few guys dropping trailers.. Comes with the territory...

Yes Holland did have problems with the 5th wheels, especially if you were somewhere where it was very cold. I remember sometime in 2018 or 2017 they had several trailers dropped in the Milwaukee yard in one night and it was the newer tractors. The Mechanic had to heat something up with a torch to get the fifth wheels to lock. I always used the trailer break and gave the tractor a couple of tugs before I pulled a trailer anytime before I took off as you never know when you might run across a FRIEND. But I guess you don't truly know if the jaws have locked unless you get under and look.

Comment

Working...
        X