Workers Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers Comp

Over the last 11 years I have had three major surgeries due to workers comp.. The last one in 2016 was a hip replacement from a workers comp issue that happened in 2007.. That is why I always told the new guys to get it on paper.. You never know when you will need it.. Fast forward to yesterday.. I went to the orthopedic surgeon that did the hip surgery requesting a cortisone shot and was informed they no longer accept workers comp claims.. The doctor told me it was not about the money as workers comp paid better than most insurance companies but it was all the bullshit you got from the workers comp people and the employers insurance companies.. Some claims took over a year to get paid on.. I also learned yesterday another surgeon that did both of my shoulders also gave up on workers comp.. So today I was on the phone for about four hours trying to locate other doctors that would accept the claim especially since it was another doctor that did the surgery.. I was successful but now I have to get the medical records.. One doctor just called and told me he had them ready.. The other is making it a wee bit more difficult and then informed me I have to pay for the records.. But this is at the fault of the state workers comp board as they seem to refuse to take on the issue.. back in 2012 I had the second shoulder issue and workers comp awarded me with immediate surgery but allowed the insurance company to appeal the judges decision.. That appeal took a year.. And my shoulder went from a slight tear to a full blown rotator cuff reconstruction and forced to retire early.. Well at least I got my appointments for May and will have to see where it goes..

Re: Workers Comp

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    Over the last 11 years I have had three major surgeries due to workers comp.. The last one in 2016 was a hip replacement from a workers comp issue that happened in 2007.. That is why I always told the new guys to get it on paper.. You never know when you will need it.. Fast forward to yesterday.. I went to the orthopedic surgeon that did the hip surgery requesting a cortisone shot and was informed they no longer accept workers comp claims.. The doctor told me it was not about the money as workers comp paid better than most insurance companies but it was all the bullshit you got from the workers comp people and the employers insurance companies.. Some claims took over a year to get paid on.. I also learned yesterday another surgeon that did both of my shoulders also gave up on workers comp.. So today I was on the phone for about four hours trying to locate other doctors that would accept the claim especially since it was another doctor that did the surgery.. I was successful but now I have to get the medical records.. One doctor just called and told me he had them ready.. The other is making it a wee bit more difficult and then informed me I have to pay for the records.. But this is at the fault of the state workers comp board as they seem to refuse to take on the issue.. back in 2012 I had the second shoulder issue and workers comp awarded me with immediate surgery but allowed the insurance company to appeal the judges decision.. That appeal took a year.. And my shoulder went from a slight tear to a full blown rotator cuff reconstruction and forced to retire early.. Well at least I got my appointments for May and will have to see where it goes..
    Ouch, hope you get relief and quick. Nothing at the Dr.'s office is free, they charge for every page if you are lucky enough to have disability insurance. I stepped in a hole in a gravel yard one time and hurt my knee when I drove for Holland, and they're clinic (Concentra)gave me a set of crutches and told me I'd be ok for light duty my next shift and YRC's workmans comp people (Gallagher Basset) told me oh yes YRC is a big believer in modified work and I told them I'd talk to or see them when I felt better, I was out about a month. Did you have to Lawyer up to get your surgeries?

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
      Ouch, hope you get relief and quick. Nothing at the Dr.'s office is free, they charge for every page if you are lucky enough to have disability insurance. I stepped in a hole in a gravel yard one time and hurt my knee when I drove for Holland, and they're clinic (Concentra)gave me a set of crutches and told me I'd be ok for light duty my next shift and YRC's workmans comp people (Gallagher Basset) told me oh yes YRC is a big believer in modified work and I told them I'd talk to or see them when I felt better, I was out about a month. Did you have to Lawyer up to get your surgeries?
      Yes I had the same lawyer for all of them.. He did good by me and his fee was minimal about 11% .. As far as light duty?? I lived 40 miles from the terminal and being on pain pills {which I didn't take} they would have to provide a ride to work and back.. So I sat home.. but there was always the house of pain with the tables of torture.. That was always fun.. Gallagher Bassett is the reason my right shoulder went from minimum tear to full blown tear .. They made me go back to work while the appeal process played out.. When they lost they offered me $25000 to buy out the claim.. The lawyer laughed at them and I got my surgery and a loss of use reward also.. So in the end it cost them and YRC big bucks.. They also tried to close out my injury to the hip.. That didn't fare well for them either.. Now they have this company Sedgewick.. But they are all the same..

Comment

Yes I had the same lawyer for all of them.. He did good by me and his fee was minimal about 11% .. As far as light duty?? I lived 40 miles from the terminal and being on pain pills {which I didn't take} they would have to provide a ride to work and back.. So I sat home.. but there was always the house of pain with the tables of torture.. That was always fun.. Gallagher Bassett is the reason my right shoulder went from minimum tear to full blown tear .. They made me go back to work while the appeal process played out.. When they lost they offered me $25000 to buy out the claim.. The lawyer laughed at them and I got my surgery and a loss of use reward also.. So in the end it cost them and YRC big bucks.. They also tried to close out my injury to the hip.. That didn't fare well for them either.. Now they have this company Sedgewick.. But they are all the same..
        Yes, Gallagher Bastard always a pleasure to deal with, never heard anyone say anything good about them. I have a 7:30 am appointment with the torturer and the tables in the morning. If it's true when they say no pain no gain, I should be in great shape.

Comment

Well the medical group that handled by workers comp hip replacement is putting me through the hoops just to get the records.. I was never informed that they no longer accepted workers comp insurance and now that I have found another doctor, they want me to pay for the medical records.. This is gonna be a fight with some dopey office worker.. Getting my lawyer involved on Monday.. But I have been using this medical group for the last 12 years and I like the doctors.. But now it is the point of it..
          The other surgeons office called me within two hours and told me the records were ready and I could come in anytime for them.. No charge..

Comment

Were you able to get satisfaction and a Cortisone shot? I am through with the torture tables and go back to work Tuesday. My 12 weeks went by pretty quick.

Comment

Were you able to get satisfaction and a Cortisone shot? I am through with the torture tables and go back to work Tuesday. My 12 weeks went by pretty quick.
              Yes the cortisone shots help.. Lasts about 4 to 5 months if the Doctor hits the spot..

Comment

So I got two new doctors that take workers comp insurance.. Saw them both in the last week..Will follow up next month with the hip issue.. The shoulder though?? Have to get an MRI , Doc thinks I might have a possible tear in the rotator cuff again but wont know until the results of the MRI..Should know the results by the end of June..

Comment

So I got two new doctors that take workers comp insurance.. Saw them both in the last week..Will follow up next month with the hip issue.. The shoulder though?? Have to get an MRI , Doc thinks I might have a possible tear in the rotator cuff again but wont know until the results of the MRI..Should know the results by the end of June..
                  Man, I'm sorry to hear that about your shoulder. It's still tough trying to put my left arm in a shirt sleeve putting a shirt on but it's much better than it was. Good luck.

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear that about your shoulder. It's still tough trying to put my left arm in a shirt sleeve putting a shirt on but it's much better than it was. Good luck.
                    Yes it didn't come at the best time but work related injuries never have.. We are in the process of selling the house to one of my boys and moving to the Carolina's .. This might mean we have to put it off for a bit and become a tenant in my own house..

Comment

Yes it didn't come at the best time but work related injuries never have.. We are in the process of selling the house to one of my boys and moving to the Carolina's .. This might mean we have to put it off for a bit and become a tenant in my own house..
                      Are you moving to the coast, are you gonna be neighbors with that Guy on the other forum scabbing boards that drove for PIE that lives on the outer banks? WSB- welcome south Brother.

Comment

Are you moving to the coast, are you gonna be neighbors with that Guy on the other forum scabbing boards that drove for PIE that lives on the outer banks? WSB- welcome south Brother.
                        I liked the Conway SC area but Momma is looking at houses between Charleston area and Jacksonville NC and in between..

Comment

I liked the Conway SC area but Momma is looking at houses between Charleston area and Jacksonville NC and in between..
                          That's a pretty wide swath of real estate to pick from.

Comment

Working...
                          X