Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    18,430
    Rep Power
    396

    Default A 4 Million Mile Man !

    Congratulations to Don Cook of Yellow's Bethlehem terminal.

    4 Million Accident-Free Miles and Still Trucking at 79
    When Pennsylvania trucker Don Cook’s career odometer rolled over to 3 million miles without an accident, his company, YRC Freight (now Yellow Corp.), gave him a truck cab with his name on it, and a leather jacket with a patch reading “Three Million Miles Safe Driving.”
    Cook plans to keep rolling, too. His eyes and reflexes are sharp, and his love of the road burns as bright now as it did when he started trucking professionally 47 years ago.
    “I’m not retiring,” he said. “I’m still a young pup. And my wife would drive me crazy.”
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/4-mi...ll-trucking-79

  2. #2
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    728
    Employer
    Ups
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ga.
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: A 4 Million Mile Man !

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Congratulations to Don Cook of Yellow's Bethlehem terminal.

    4 Million Accident-Free Miles and Still Trucking at 79



    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/4-mi...ll-trucking-79
    That's quite a feat having that many accident free miles. That being said I don't know weather to laugh or cry. There was a really nice guy that drove for Yellow out of Atlanta that made 3 trips to St. Louis a week and never missed a trip that died a few years ago and was still working, he was 80. After being back to work for a week after 13 weeks off for shoulder surgery retirement can't come fast enough for me, but maybe I'm a slacker. But there just has to be more to life than holding a steering wheel in my humble opinion.

  3. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
  4. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    25,276
    Rep Power
    363

    Default Re: A 4 Million Mile Man !

    Quote Originally Posted by unionman View Post
    That's quite a feat having that many accident free miles. That being said I don't know weather to laugh or cry. There was a really nice guy that drove for Yellow out of Atlanta that made 3 trips to St. Louis a week and never missed a trip that died a few years ago and was still working, he was 80. After being back to work for a week after 13 weeks off for shoulder surgery retirement can't come fast enough for me, but maybe I'm a slacker. But there just has to be more to life than holding a steering wheel in my humble opinion.
    I agree that there is a whole lot more to life than driving till you die.. Maybe this guy was lucky and didn't have to spend any time working the dock.. You don't see any guys working until their 80 driving a forklift.. But to each their own and congratulations to him ..

  5. Likes unionman Liked this post
  6. #4
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    728
    Employer
    Ups
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ga.
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: A 4 Million Mile Man !

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I agree that there is a whole lot more to life than driving till you die.. Maybe this guy was lucky and didn't have to spend any time working the dock.. You don't see any guys working until their 80 driving a forklift.. But to each their own and congratulations to him ..
    That's a good point, where's the longevity awards for the dock workers and fork lift drivers, without them there's no jobs for the 80 year old drivers.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •