Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Somewhere in South Carolina
    Posts
    25,800
    Rep Power
    374

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    15 thousand dollar sign on bonus,20/25 days to make the list,right to top pay,Teamster Union medical/pension/protection,all the OT you want....still can't get drivers,and the drivers they're hiring they NEVER would have hired ten years ago,and now they're paying the price....Years ago it was a standing joke,but oh so true,that it was ''easier'' to get hired by the FBI,then it was to get hired by ABF...Took me 5 or 6 months to get hired,wanted unemployment stubs,endless phone calls about this or that 2 week period,on and on it went not knowing whether they were going to hire me...I think of ALL the good freight men I worked with at APA that were 'turned down' by ABF because of ''minor'' infractions...Men that would have been an ASSET to any company...

    Now it's biting them on the ass...Now it's...''are you breathing?''....''YOUR HIRED''....2 guys quit already,don't want to work the dock,2 other guys after making the list and being 'forced' on the dock,within a matter of 2 weeks later,are BOTH out on Workman's Comp,one guy went the whole nine yards,ambulance,stretcher,said he fell over a skid,no witnesses,no camera angle where it happened,coincidence?....TM was told before they made the list...'NOT ABF material',get rid of them...He said he NEEDS Bodies!!!!...Old school work ethic workers with pride,self-respect,and loyalty...NO...Bodies...YES.....FUTURE...????...
    I have seen ads on Facebook for Central Transport,SAIA ,R&L and Old Dominion looking for drivers..All have starting wages over $30 an hour.. If you were younger and had the choice where would you go.??

  2. #22
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I have seen ads on Facebook for Central Transport,SAIA ,R&L and Old Dominion looking for drivers..All have starting wages over $30 an hour.. If you were younger and had the choice where would you go.??

    Where would ''I'' go?...Strait to a 'Union Teamster Job',that's where I would go,but that's just me brother...And what you just stated is the whole mentality in our country in this day and age...''instant gratification''...''show me the money'',never looking at the 'BIG PICTURE'' and that's exactly what these ''non-union'' companies count on...Central,R&L,and OD pay NO overtime,my bad,overtime after 55 and 60 hours,SAIA is the best of the lot,overtime after 45...Everyone of those drivers for those 'non-union' companies pay through the ''ASS'' for their 'Medical',now how much are they making an hour?...No work rules,abuse the hell out of them with no protection...SAIA and OD are pretty decent non-union jobs,Central and R&L su*k big time,slave drivers that work their employees into the ground,I could go on and on about 'Union'/'Non-Union',but why bother?....Hell,their making over $30 an hour,'show me the money'...That's ALL that matters?....RIGHT?

  3. Likes unionman Liked this post
  4. #23
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Somewhere in South Carolina
    Posts
    25,800
    Rep Power
    374

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Where would ''I'' go?...Strait to a 'Union Teamster Job',that's where I would go,but that's just me brother...And what you just stated is the whole mentality in our country in this day and age...''instant gratification''...''show me the money'',never looking at the 'BIG PICTURE'' and that's exactly what these ''non-union'' companies count on...Central,R&L,and OD pay NO overtime,my bad,overtime after 55 and 60 hours,SAIA is the best of the lot,overtime after 45...Everyone of those drivers for those 'non-union' companies pay through the ''ASS'' for their 'Medical',now how much are they making an hour?...No work rules,abuse the hell out of them with no protection...SAIA and OD are pretty decent non-union jobs,Central and R&L su*k big time,slave drivers that work their employees into the ground,I could go on and on about 'Union'/'Non-Union',but why bother?....Hell,their making over $30 an hour,'show me the money'...That's ALL that matters?....RIGHT?
    I know where you would go as the same place I would go.. But the youngin's today think with their wallet first..

  5. #24
    Having Fun Now

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    728
    Employer
    Ups
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ga.
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    212

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Where would ''I'' go?...Strait to a 'Union Teamster Job',that's where I would go,but that's just me brother...And what you just stated is the whole mentality in our country in this day and age...''instant gratification''...''show me the money'',never looking at the 'BIG PICTURE'' and that's exactly what these ''non-union'' companies count on...Central,R&L,and OD pay NO overtime,my bad,overtime after 55 and 60 hours,SAIA is the best of the lot,overtime after 45...Everyone of those drivers for those 'non-union' companies pay through the ''ASS'' for their 'Medical',now how much are they making an hour?...No work rules,abuse the hell out of them with no protection...SAIA and OD are pretty decent non-union jobs,Central and R&L su*k big time,slave drivers that work their employees into the ground,I could go on and on about 'Union'/'Non-Union',but why bother?....Hell,their making over $30 an hour,'show me the money'...That's ALL that matters?....RIGHT?
    Not to mention O.D. And Saia thin the herd when things slow down, and seniority means nothing. It's like that scene in the movie Schindlers List when that nazi in charge of a concentration camp would just randomly shoot any Jew working out in the yard, that's they're economic termination policy, no one is safe.

  6. #25
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I know where you would go as the same place I would go.. But the youngin's today think with their wallet first..
    And what does that say about the future?...not much I'm afraid...none of these youngin's have kids,none of these youngin's want to start a family,none of these youngin's need 'exceptional' medical benefits,none of these youngin's need a pension,none of these youngin's want a secure future with guaranteed job protection,none of these youngin's want time off when THEY want the time off,none of these youngin's ever think about the future...of course not,because ''everything'' and I mean ''everything'' in our society today is about the ''Money''...Hey,it's the American way,nothing else matters but ''Money''...

  7. #26
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

    Quote Originally Posted by unionman View Post
    Not to mention O.D. And Saia thin the herd when things slow down, and seniority means nothing. It's like that scene in the movie Schindlers List when that nazi in charge of a concentration camp would just randomly shoot any Jew working out in the yard, that's they're economic termination policy, no one is safe.
    Yup,seniority,work rules,and everything else at a non-union job are what management says they are,and if you don't like it!!!!...Well then,go get a Union job!!!!....''Sound Advice''...

  8. Likes unionman Liked this post
 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •