Any holland road men here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any holland road men here?

I have a few questions and something to show you and get your opinions on the matter.

Re: Any holland road men here?

Here is the deal. Road work was offered on this past Saturday to city drivers. One driver went out ahead of 5 senior men and attached is his road trip paper. The senior men are upset to say the least because they were not called yet. I do not know the holland way. Looks like he punched his trip sheet so it can't be figured out. The señor men say he did not have his 10 off and if he waited for his 10 he would have been way behind them getting out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      Here is the deal. Road work was offered on this past Saturday to city drivers. One driver went out ahead of 5 senior men and attached is his road trip paper. The senior men are upset to say the least because they were not called yet. I do not know the holland way. Looks like he punched his trip sheet so it can't be figured out. The señor men say he did not have his 10 off and if he waited for his 10 he would have been way behind them getting out.
      All one has to do is check when he punched out the day before..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        All one has to do is check when he punched out the day before..
        I am sure the guys that were ran around will be in the TM office Monday
        Last edited by Jimmy; 08-31-2021, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Holy crap, I never saw an employee number that long when I worked there. Is this a city driver. Anytime someone writes their time on a manifest instead of punching the clock it is suspect. And the way the time punch is missing the time on his turnaround is suspect or possibly he mispunched. If he is a city driver he probably doesn't punch a clock for his shift, don't you guys swipe a card or use a machine to punch in. When I worked there when you dropped a trailer at your home domicile and it was a dark terminal, seems like you had to have 12 clicks to get a quarter hour, I mean he never actually punched out on his paper work correctly at the end. Maybe he never had filled out a road pay sheet before? The trip sheet is incomplete as it doesn't show his destination, where he went or the trailer he brought back. I'm guessing his pay for that trip is gonna be really messed up. As far as leaving ahead of the senior men , I was the top guy on the road in Atlanta and on Holiday weekends when we worked guys left ahead of their start times regularly , and I always said if you have a wreck and you weren't supposed to be on the road yet you can kiss your job goodbye. Unless he got a longer run I doubt they have a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            Also is City Men doing roadwork a Carolina Conference thing, or is that actually in the contract now? I left there in 2018 and I haven't seen your latest contract but that wasn't allowed down here. Holland ran some city men back in the early 1990's on some Nashville turns during the day, as we always ran nights in Atlanta, and we collected on them and 728 stopped that from happening that week. I know CF was doing that here for awhile and I can remember one Saturday at a Union meeting they had drivers almost come to blows over that as they would get the city driver back so he could work his regular shift and road men would have to take a bed or two before they got back. Y'all must have more freight than drivers?

Comment

they are paying city men on the clock to run road trips on the weekend and not milage pay. we do have more freight than drivers big time

Comment

Working...
              X