Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The Legend

  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Power
    128

    Default The Legend

    Muhammed Ali,you served as a Great Teacher and Friend I never met.You talked the talk and walked the walk.I just Hope and Pray the same may be said of me.

    ''Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see''

    Thank You for the Memories.

    RIP Champ!!

  2. Likes ABFwife, slavenomore Liked this post
  3. #2
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    29,060
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Legend

    I have so many memories of Ali. What a character. What a champion. You will be missed. RIP.

  4. Likes wizard, slavenomore Liked this post
  5. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Power
    128

    Default Re: The Legend

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I have so many memories of Ali. What a character. What a champion. You will be missed. RIP.

    Senior moment AGAIN? Damn!! More Memories.

    Keep The Drive Alive: The Legend

  6. #4
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    15,138
    Rep Power
    968

    Default Re: The Legend


  7. Likes wizard Liked this post
  8. #5
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    15,138
    Rep Power
    968

    Default Re: The Legend

    I remember watching TV maybe on a Saturday morning or afternoon as a pretty young kid. Wide World of. Sports or Howard Cossell. An interview leading up to an Ali and Frazer fight.......and they started fighting during the interview.
    It shocked me. I was pretty young. I expected that stuff from World Wrestling Federation fakers which I'd probably watched earlier. But not from real boxers on a real sports show.

    I wasn't a fan of Ali when young. But love watching the old boxers today. Whenever Ali or Ray Leonard or Larry Holmes fought our house would be full of relatives.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 06-08-2016 at 12:39 AM.

  9. Likes wizard Liked this post
  10. #6
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    232

    Default Re: The Legend

    He was a Great Fighter....too bad he was part of the Nation of Islam...they used and abused him took him for his $$ making him fight to make it after he quit them...

  11. Likes crazy Liked this post
  12. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Somewhere in South Carolina
    Posts
    26,092
    Rep Power
    380

    Default Re: The Legend

    Quote Originally Posted by BilyWamBam View Post
    He was a Great Fighter....too bad he was part of the Nation of Islam...they used and abused him took him for his $$ making him fight to make it after he quit them...
    He was also a draft dodger that paid the price for it and yes it was Islam that twisted his mind.. I can agree though that he was one of the greatest boxers of all time and also quite the entertainer.

  13. #8
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    232

    Default Re: The Legend

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    He was also a draft dodger that paid the price for it and yes it was Islam that twisted his mind.. I can agree though that he was one of the greatest boxers of all time and also quite the entertainer.
    I would have to investigate it myself but I saw on O'Reilly Factor that Ali was not very educated and was taken advantage of by Mohammed who ran the group and took a lot of his money and used him for civil rights movement...

  14. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Power
    128

    Default Re: The Legend

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    He was also a draft dodger that paid the price for it and yes it was Islam that twisted his mind.. I can agree though that he was one of the greatest boxers of all time and also quite the entertainer.
    What Ali had was the Courage of his Convictions.He wasn't perfect,but Ali's pluses way outweighed the minuses,and he was willing to put it all on the line for the sake of those Convictions.How many people who achieve Fame and Wealth will walk away from it,even to 'PRISON',if it means giving up their Principles,Pride and Dignity as a Human Being.Muhammad Ali did more for 'CHARITY' then all the Draft Dodging Politicians put together,including the likes of Bill Clinton,Dick Cheney and yes,The Donald.Couldn't serve because of a 'BONE SPUR' in his foot,and No,he couldn't 'REMEMBER' which foot.'DADDY',with his influence and money,was that 'BONE SPUR'.

  15. #10
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    232

    Default Re: The Legend

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    What Ali had was the Courage of his Convictions.He wasn't perfect,but Ali's pluses way outweighed the minuses,and he was willing to put it all on the line for the sake of those Convictions.How many people who achieve Fame and Wealth will walk away from it,even to 'PRISON',if it means giving up their Principles,Pride and Dignity as a Human Being.Muhammad Ali did more for 'CHARITY' then all the Draft Dodging Politicians put together,including the likes of Bill Clinton,Dick Cheney and yes,The Donald.Couldn't serve because of a 'BONE SPUR' in his foot,and No,he couldn't 'REMEMBER' which foot.'DADDY',with his influence and money,was that 'BONE SPUR'.
    There's really no difference to me between a draft dodging person for what ever reason...their afraid, or they got to much going on for them whatever the reason...just like the great Archie Bunker in that episode of the draft dodger, I agree with everything Archie said in that episode...one of my favorites!
    Last edited by BilyWamBam; 06-09-2016 at 03:49 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •