Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Default The Legend

Muhammed Ali,you served as a Great Teacher and Friend I never met.You talked the talk and walked the walk.I just Hope and Pray the same may be said of me.

''Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see''

Thank You for the Memories.

RIP Champ!!

2. Likes ABFwife, slavenomore Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: The Legend

I have so many memories of Ali. What a character. What a champion. You will be missed. RIP.

4. Likes wizard, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I have so many memories of Ali. What a character. What a champion. You will be missed. RIP.

Senior moment AGAIN? Damn!! More Memories.

Keep The Drive Alive: The Legend

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

7. Likes wizard Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I remember watching TV maybe on a Saturday morning or afternoon as a pretty young kid. Wide World of. Sports or Howard Cossell. An interview leading up to an Ali and Frazer fight.......and they started fighting during the interview.
    It shocked me. I was pretty young. I expected that stuff from World Wrestling Federation fakers which I'd probably watched earlier. But not from real boxers on a real sports show.

I wasn't a fan of Ali when young. But love watching the old boxers today. Whenever Ali or Ray Leonard or Larry Holmes fought our house would be full of relatives.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 06-08-2016 at 12:39 AM.

9. Likes wizard Liked this post
    Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

He was a Great Fighter....too bad he was part of the Nation of Islam...they used and abused him took him for his $$ making him fight to make it after he quit them...

11. Likes crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by BilyWamBam View Post
    He was a Great Fighter....too bad he was part of the Nation of Islam...they used and abused him took him for his $$ making him fight to make it after he quit them...
    He was also a draft dodger that paid the price for it and yes it was Islam that twisted his mind.. I can agree though that he was one of the greatest boxers of all time and also quite the entertainer.

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    He was also a draft dodger that paid the price for it and yes it was Islam that twisted his mind.. I can agree though that he was one of the greatest boxers of all time and also quite the entertainer.
    I would have to investigate it myself but I saw on O'Reilly Factor that Ali was not very educated and was taken advantage of by Mohammed who ran the group and took a lot of his money and used him for civil rights movement...

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    What Ali had was the Courage of his Convictions.He wasn't perfect,but Ali's pluses way outweighed the minuses,and he was willing to put it all on the line for the sake of those Convictions.How many people who achieve Fame and Wealth will walk away from it,even to 'PRISON',if it means giving up their Principles,Pride and Dignity as a Human Being.Muhammad Ali did more for 'CHARITY' then all the Draft Dodging Politicians put together,including the likes of Bill Clinton,Dick Cheney and yes,The Donald.Couldn't serve because of a 'BONE SPUR' in his foot,and No,he couldn't 'REMEMBER' which foot.'DADDY',with his influence and money,was that 'BONE SPUR'.

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    What Ali had was the Courage of his Convictions.He wasn't perfect,but Ali's pluses way outweighed the minuses,and he was willing to put it all on the line for the sake of those Convictions.How many people who achieve Fame and Wealth will walk away from it,even to 'PRISON',if it means giving up their Principles,Pride and Dignity as a Human Being.Muhammad Ali did more for 'CHARITY' then all the Draft Dodging Politicians put together,including the likes of Bill Clinton,Dick Cheney and yes,The Donald.Couldn't serve because of a 'BONE SPUR' in his foot,and No,he couldn't 'REMEMBER' which foot.'DADDY',with his influence and money,was that 'BONE SPUR'.
    There's really no difference to me between a draft dodging person for what ever reason...their afraid, or they got to much going on for them whatever the reason...just like the great Archie Bunker in that episode of the draft dodger, I agree with everything Archie said in that episode...one of my favorites!
    Last edited by BilyWamBam; 06-09-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast