Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters Work on Super Bowl Parade

The Philadelphia Eagles soared to an historic victory in Super Bowl LII on Sunday night. On Thursday, Philadelphia will host a massive Super Bowl parade to celebrate the city’s first Lombardi trophy, and Teamsters will be there to help make the parade happen.

Teamsters Local 107 members, along with IATSE members in Philadelphia, are working now on the forklifting and staging for the event which is expected to draw in up to three million fans.

The parade will follow a five-mile route through the city. There will be jumbotron screens, sounds systems, an 80 foot by 40 foot stage platform at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and lots of construction and other materials to safely maneuver.

Teamsters sell and deliver Budweiser beer, and Budweiser has promised parade-goers who are 21+ years of age a free Bud Light. Teamsters Local 830 sales workers and delivery drivers will be working the parade route. The members come out of Penn Beer, a large Budweiser facility in Philadelphia. They will be delivering the beer to bars along the parade route and making sure it’s set up for the festivities.

To ensure the smooth flow of fans getting to and from the festivities, Teamsters Local 500 members will be on hand. The members work for SEPTA, the city’s public transit system. The Teamsters who work as customer service agents and transit tellers will provide information for transit by bus, subway and regional rail. They are expected to handle 15,000 to 20,000 phone calls the day of the parade, and will also provide information electronically on how to get to locations along the parade route. Customer service staff will be on hand in person throughout the area to answer questions from transit riders.
    https://teamster.org/news/2018/02/te...er-bowl-parade

2. Likes fxstc07, 2631, slavenomore, wizard, fedexnuno Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Teamsters Work on Super Bowl Parade

They will earn very cent they make. It's cold today and was wet and rainy yesterday during set-up. Philly is on a natural high right now. It's called Eagles fever !

4. Likes 2631, crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    They will earn very cent they make. It's cold today and was wet and rainy yesterday during set-up. Philly is on a natural high right now. It's called Eagles fever !
    Will I see you on TV today??

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Will I see you on TV today??
    Nope. Food closet today.
    I wouldn't go anyway. It's in my blood to avoid things like that.
    Besides, it's cold and windy.

Crowds and me don't mix. I once left Myrtle Beach bike week. Too many idiots.
    I also left Lanconia bike week, the bikes and drinking just don't mix.

You can bet the free beer will be flowing and the rowdy crowds will be a problem today.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Nope. Food closet today.
    I wouldn't go anyway. It's in my blood to avoid things like that.
    Besides, it's cold and windy.

Crowds and me don't mix. I once left Myrtle Beach bike week. Too many idiots.
    I also left Lanconia bike week, the bikes and drinking just don't mix.

You can bet the free beer will be flowing and the rowdy crowds will be a problem today.
    As a matter of fact...The whole celebration couldn't have gone any smoother...Let Carson Wentz explain it in his own words...

Speaking to the Fans he said...''You make it a Joy and Pleasure to Play...I Knew this was a Special Place...People wanna Talk Shit on Philly...I've Never Seen a City so Full of Love as Today...A Couple Million People Outside and All Love,No Tension...You Deserved a Championship...Epic...That Parade was Epic...Absolutely Unbelievable Support and Passion from the Entire City of Philly...Can't Thank Y'all Enough''....Well Deserved is Right...Underdogs No Longer...Super Bowl World Champions...The Philadelphia Eagles!!!!

By the way fxstc07,there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time...I just never had the opportunity to work it into the conversation or discussion until now...And NOW is the time to finally Explain to you that YES INDEED...it's Called...''TAYLOR HAM''

Nothing says Jersey like a 'Taylor Ham,Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll'...Oh Man...''Fuhgeddaboudit''

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    As a matter of fact...The whole celebration couldn't have gone any smoother...Let Carson Wentz explain it in his own words...

Speaking to the Fans he said...''You make it a Joy and Pleasure to Play...I Knew this was a Special Place...People wanna Talk Shit on Philly...I've Never Seen a City so Full of Love as Today...A Couple Million People Outside and All Love,No Tension...You Deserved a Championship...Epic...That Parade was Epic...Absolutely Unbelievable Support and Passion from the Entire City of Philly...Can't Thank Y'all Enough''....Well Deserved is Right...Underdogs No Longer...Super Bowl World Champions...The Philadelphia Eagles!!!!
    I was surprised. The city and the fans were much better then I expected. Crowd estimates were from 700,000 to a million people. Either way, everybody was great and the players brought the fans a lot of good will and respect.
    I am happy for Philly. They finally got that winning football team they have cheered on for decades.
    wizard says:
    By the way fxstc07,there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time...I just never had the opportunity to work it into the conversation or discussion until now...And NOW is the time to finally Explain to you that YES INDEED...it's Called...''TAYLOR HAM''

Nothing says Jersey like a 'Taylor Ham,Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll'...Oh Man...''Fuhgeddaboudit''
    Maybe up north they call it "ham" ... but down here it's "Taylor Pork Roll" ... and I am having some this morning with my eggs !
    Attachment 1258

9. Likes wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Maybe up north they call it "ham" ... but down here it's "Taylor Pork Roll" ... and I am having some this morning with my eggs !
    Attachment 1258
    It's always been Taylor Ham to me. Down here in Myrtle Beach that 6 oz box costs us $3.29. Publix is the only grocery store that sells it. But with all the Jerseyites more and more bagel and sandwich shops have Taylor Ham on the menu. Some people down here eat it uncooked like lunch meat.

I've told this story before. I used to peddle Trenton and once had a delivery to Taylor Provisions on Taylor St. It was back before the days of cell phones. I had an OS&D problem and asked to use their phone. I would have had to walk thru the plant to get to the office. I told the receiver how much I like his product and asked if I would see anything that would turn me off to Taylor Ham. He smiled and said I sure would. I said no thanks and that I'd call in from my next stop........... I still like my Taylor Ham and egg sandwich but I can imagine what goes into it..
    Last edited by 2631; 02-11-2018 at 10:06 AM.

11. Likes wizard, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    It's always been Taylor Ham to me. Down here in Myrtle Beach that 6 oz box costs us $3.29. Publix is the only grocery store that sells it. But with all the Jerseyites more and more bagel and sandwich shops have Taylor Ham on the menu. Some people down here eat it uncooked like lunch meat.

I've told this story before. I used to peddle Trenton and once had a deliver to Taylor Provisions on Taylor St. It was back before the days of cell phones. I had an OS&D problem and asked to use their phone. I would have had to walk thru the plant to get to the office. I told the receiver how much I like his product and asked if I would see anything that would turn me off to Taylor Ham. He smiled and said I sure would. I said no thanks and that I'd call in from my next stop........... I still like my Taylor Ham and egg sandwich but I can imagine what goes into it..
    That's a great story. Better to keep a blind eye and just enjoy that product. Same goes for many of other products as well. I know what is in my favorite hot dog and I learned to forget what I saw at the packing plants.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

13. Likes 2631, wizard, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

I was surprised. The city and the fans were much better then I expected. Crowd estimates were from 700,000 to a million people. Either way, everybody was great and the players brought the fans a lot of good will and respect.
    I am happy for Philly. They finally got that winning football team they have cheered on for decades.

Attachment 1258
    And I think I'll join you with some Taylor Ham and eggs myself!!!!....I'll always remember the first time it happened being down the shore in our teens when we stopped at a diner to grab a bite...Taylor Ham and egg please...Waitress...A What?...We were all looking at each other thinking she was joking...Taylor Ham and egg...Waitress...What's That?...So finally after some back and forth she says...Oh,You mean Pork Roll...No...We mean Taylor Ham...You know Damn Well she was thinking these boys AIN'T Exactly ''Harvard'' Material...Hey...What's so funny...WHO KNEW?...LoL...

Here's an great article from the New Yorker written by John Seabrook who grew up in South Jersey that was Touching...Sentimental...and Poignant...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/sport...utterly-philly

15. Likes 2631, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post

I've told this story before. I used to peddle Trenton and once had a delivery to Taylor Provisions on Taylor St. It was back before the days of cell phones. I had an OS&D problem and asked to use their phone. I would have had to walk thru the plant to get to the office. I told the receiver how much I like his product and asked if I would see anything that would turn me off to Taylor Ham. He smiled and said I sure would. I said no thanks and that I'd call in from my next stop........... I still like my Taylor Ham and egg sandwich but I can imagine what goes into it..
    Yes 2631...you've lived and worked in North Jersey...Taylor Ham is part of our ''DNA''...And don't get me going on about the Iconic 'JIMMY BUFF'S' Italian Hot Dogs which originated in Newark in 1932 by the Racioppi Family...The Italian hot dog is to Jersey what cheesesteak is to Philly...My wife is Sicilian and she's always 'LOVED' it...And trust me that is no small accomplishment...of course that's when we were younger...NOW...once in a while...Oh!!! TO BE YOUNG!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_hot_dog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast