Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Leon Spinks, 67-Years-Old, Passes Away After Long Battle With Cancer

My dad was a big boxing fan. Watched alot of fights with him in 70's and 80's. The Spinks brothers were big names.
    https://www.boxingscene.com/leon-spi...cancer--155246
    BoxingScene.com has been advised that former world heavyweight champion Leon Spinks Jr. lost his five-year battle with prostate and other cancers, at the age of 67 on Friday, Feb. 5 at 8:15 PM. At the time of his passing his wife Brenda Glur Spinks was by his side.

2. Thanks Jimmy, Docker, 2631, crazy thanked for this post
    Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Leon Spinks, 67-Years-Old, Passes Away After Long Battle With Cancer

I think 1976 Olympics boxing team had Sugar Ray Leonard and Michael Spinks and Leon Spinks. All may have gotten the Gold Medals. good team.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 02-07-2021 at 01:56 AM.

4. Thanks 2631, crazy thanked for this post
    Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Old School... and proud!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Leon Spinks, 67-Years-Old, Passes Away After Long Battle With Cancer

RIP Leon! You can now go to that boxing ring in the sky.

Even though I never formally met him... I watched him spar once at Camp Lejeune right after he went pro after serving on the Marine Boxing Team. I also heard all the wild stories about him taking six months to get through boot camp because of all the fighting he did with the DIs which was something practically unheard of back in the day. After all... you could of got your ass kicked just for eyeballing the DI.

6. Likes 2631, slavenomore, crazy Liked this post