X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor has it .....

Originally posted by wildcatdnj View Post
    I will tell ya'll what I know, I was on the conference call yesterday. The Union has taken the position that the company, Allied, is in violation of the contract for non-payment of contratual wages. The wage reduction agreement is over and done with. We want to be restored to full contract wages first and then the Union will be willing to negotiate for relief to "save Allied" if necessary. If Allied does not help resolve this problem by Monday , June 14, the Union will give Allied a 72 hour Strike Notice. Stay United, it is important. All locals on the call gave a 100% backing of the Strike Notice. You have to stand for something , draw a line in the dirt, Have some BALLS!!!
    So what their saying here is the union wants wages returned (to save face) Then give back our money to save Allied.

Comment

I believe we would have to vote on any wage concessions. So if we take a cut again we are stupid. They have lied to me for far too long. I want all my money to h**l with them. They have paid themselves well throughout all of this. They received their bonuses that they felt were due them, while I was forced to take a cut. Pay up sucker!

Comment

Can't say for sure what lies down the road for us, Allied drivers. Probably a concessionary contract next year. Probably the same for JCT and Cassens and the rest. All I do know for sure is the wage reduction agreement has expired and I want my pay restored to full contract rate. I don't know where all the money went, but I am still driving the same truck I was driving 3 years ago. A 1995 Volvo, with a refurb trailer. You could "almost" have some sympathy for Allied's position if there was a yard full of "new" strap trucks sitting at each terminal, but there isn't. Here it is 2010 and we are trying to compete with the last century's technology. It is not hard to see who spent money on new equipment and who didn't when you are out on the Interstate highways, or at your local auto dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluescity View Post
          Pay up sucker!
          I love that part.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdnj View Post
            I will tell ya'll what I know, I was on the conference call yesterday. The Union has taken the position that the company, Allied, is in violation of the contract for non-payment of contratual wages. The wage reduction agreement is over and done with. We want to be restored to full contract wages first and then the Union will be willing to negotiate for relief to "save Allied" if necessary. If Allied does not help resolve this problem by Monday , June 14, the Union will give Allied a 72 hour Strike Notice. Stay United, it is important. All locals on the call gave a 100% backing of the Strike Notice. You have to stand for something , draw a line in the dirt, Have some BALLS!!!
            Its Monday whats the word?? I got the grill, beer and ice ready

Comment

Barrel's and wood stockpiled if needed

Comment

It's no rumor read it in black and white. We get full wage plus back pay.
                http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamst...ztomembers.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Bluescity View Post
                  It's no rumor read it in black and white. We get full wage plus back pay.
                  http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamst...ztomembers.pdf
                  So am I correct in assuming that you guys are business as usual for now, and that they will pay your full scale rates going back to May 30th.....but they are giving you guys another vote on concessions or something like it,by vote, sometime soon?

Comment

They want to negotiate a concession package of some sort. I'm not giving a dime back. We the working man aren't the problem. The problem is on top, corporate greed is the real problem. Marky G gets $1,000 a month car allowance. They don't pay my car note, Do they pay yours? No, if I want to get to work I buy a car not Allied. Why does the company pay him a car allowance? If he wants his job he'll get there. That's $12,000 dollars a year times the three years he has been here $36,000. Sounds like the amount this wage cut cost me personally around $1,000 a month. I have given all that I am giving. I mean, I paid his hignesses car notes for three years. It's me time.
                    Last edited by ; 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Just curious...is there driver-stewards present at negotiations or is it just IBT?

Comment

Ok then it is all settled then.
                        Then I'm out of here..

Comment

Good luck guys

Comment

I'm with you man, grill , beer, ice and the pool. But it looks like work as usual for now.

Comment

You know Fred needs some credit no matter the out come of this mess. The man got us our money , even if we have to give some back, but it will be our choice, repeat our choice. You men know what you can live with and what you can"t. So we all know what we are dealing with, snakes. I told you before about them snakes. GOD warned Adam and Eve about them too. Take it for what it is worth, I have only the best interest in the well being of the men that do this very hard, dangerous and skillful job.

Comment

You know that Fred is a funny guy. He said that he would take our contract and tear it down and find a way for the companies to make money. That is when they came up with that concessionary contract. And we all remember Art. 2 sec. 8 that allows for the companies and the local unions to make local wage deals. He took the same stance when the union wanted us to take the deal Ron Burkle was offering. We took a 17.5 % pay cut while he took a 17.5% pay raise! Now to save face he gives us our money back on what looks like will be a temporary basis, because he lets us know at the same time how bad the the economy is and how hard the automakers have it. Well the automakers are and will bounce back. They had a temporary cash flow problem that has already been mended. It will just be a matter of time before they come back. The UAW president said the other day that the union is being attack by corporate greed and they have to remain strong. Allied is a private company and no one knows what their financial situation is. But they gave all their managers kerp bonuses and all their salary employees bonuses not too long ago. They didn't keep their promise about using all that money we gave up to buy new trucks did they? We can't trust anything they say. That goes for the union and the company. The union does not want to lose anymore member's money--that is their lifeline. Zuckerman is running against Hoffa in the general election. Zukerman had to confer with Hoffa over what steps to take with the Allied situation. Who is in charge? Hoffa, or does Zuckerman get the credit for the back pay. And if history repeats itself we will be up against the company and the union for more concessions for Allied. Read that letter--it says all we need to know about our future which I am sure will happen as soon as possible. They probably have it all drawn up waiting to send it to us for a vote. Their cozy relationship with Ron Burkle has not ended. Victory is sweet but will be short lived. I hope it won't be the 25% they were asking the Canadian drivers to take not too long ago. That seems to be the magic number they keep throwing out. I just hope for our sake my opinion is way off base.

Comment

Working...
                                X