This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor has it .....

When that judge denied allied what they wanted, they had no choice but to pay up. A strike would almost certainly seal their fate if they really are that hard up. Didn't they originally file for bankruptsy back in 2006? If I remember, weren't the manufacturers pumping out cars like crazy. Hard to believe
    good luck drivers....you will have some tough desicions to make. Hopefully they will hold off the negotiations for a while.

Comment

He ha to go to Hoffa for the strike to be approved

Comment

Now allied is saying they will pay wages current but then they cant pay pension - this is not confirmed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cisco View Post
          Now allied is saying they will pay wages current but then they cant pay pension - this is not confirmed yet.
          It's confirmed, Allied will pay full wages retroactive from the first of June. Look back at my older posts to get the links. Marky G said in our meeting that he is unable to pay into the pension fund and pay us full wages. So he is hoping to have a new deal with us in the next sixty days. He said that Allied can't pay full NMATA wages, so they will liquidate if we don't agree to a new round of concessions. This is a hard pill to swallow, but I am ready to call Allied's bluff. The first year of the concession deal Allied projected they would save 35 million. That's 35 million off the backs of you, the working man. September of that same year Allied went to judge Mullins and asked for the bonuses and severance pay due those wonderful elite executives. The judge allowed this payment of 10 million divided between 83 people. That's roughly a third of the projected wage cut went to pay the big wigs. And every year they have paid some form of bonuses to executives, managers, and non-bargaining employees. Do they really need our help or are they insuring that they remain fat, happy, and on top of the food chain? Vote no to any concessions, if it closes Allied so be it.

Comment

ur so right bluecity just hope ever one of us see it this way mark g said he would never give it back well when he seen we was going to strike he did didnt he its a bluff an if they havent made it work in 3 years then other 1 is not going to save them then its going to be we still cant make it the other union carriers our makeing it at full contract wage maybe allied needs to let the drivers mang the co i am sure we could make it work all vote no cause we wont get it back again

Comment

And now the pension threat. That will get the IBT's attention I'm sure.

Comment

POSTED ELSEWHERE; INTERESTING
                Zuckerman sent out a letter this week saying that Allied members were getting the snapback he promised but he didn't say anything about the company not making pension contributions. Sounds to me like a dirty deal is in the making and all of this is happening after his good buddy Buzzy retired and took a $1 million out of the IBT pension and then went directly to work for Allied. Too much of a coincidence for me.

He didn't tell anybody that he allowed Allied to skip pension payments for June and July of 2009. He cooked up a deal so that the company could save the money and members would still get enough hours - but not all their money. He didn't take this to the national carhaul committee and he didn't get approval from the members. Now he cut a deal on pension deferrals. So he's got his buddy Buzzy on the inside with the company
                Last edited by slavenomore; 06-19-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: REFERENCE TO WHERE REMOVED..COMPETITOR SITE

Comment

Originally posted by keeping up View Post
                  ; INTERESTING
                  Zuckerman sent out a letter this week saying that Allied members were getting the snapback he promised but he didn't say anything about the company not making pension contributions. Sounds to me like a dirty deal is in the making and all of this is happening after his good buddy Buzzy retired and took a $1 million out of the IBT pension and then went directly to work for Allied. Too much of a coincidence for me.

He didn't tell anybody that he allowed Allied to skip pension payments for June and July of 2009. He cooked up a deal so that the company could save the money and members would still get enough hours - but not all their money. He didn't take this to the national carhaul committee and he didn't get approval from the members. Now he cut a deal on pension deferrals. So he's got his buddy Buzzy on the inside with the company
                  Let me in on Buzzy. I'm missing that one. When Marky G was asked about the pension payments his reply was, "He hasn't told Central States yet." Do you have a link to any of this info? Thanks

Last edited by ; 06-20-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Are they not in violation of the national contract if pension payments are not made? How can that be negotiable? Makes you wonder what is really going on behind the scenes

Comment

The pensions payments are being "deferred" for the next to months, to be payed later. I asked the question if this was "ok with Central States" and was told they did not know yet. I have also heard that Fred Zuckerman knows about this and apparantly this has been done before. My question is if Allied does not have the money now what garauntee is there they will have it later? None. By the way, I have gone through my payroll statements for the last two weeks and brought all of my trips up to the full contract rate, including load pay, skid drops , reloads and hourly pay. Allied owes me a little over $600.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluescity View Post
                        Let me in on Buzzy. I'm missing that one. When Marky G was asked about the pension payments his reply was, "He hasn't told Central States yet." Do you have a link to any of this info? Thanks

Quoted elsewhere:
                        You can argue all you want but how does it look to THE MEMBERS when Zuckerman's number two (Buzzy) takes a job with ALLIED right after retiring from the Teamsters.

He has been privy to everything the Teamsters have strategized about with that company for 10 years and he just jumps sides and, SURPRISE!, the company says it needs more concessions or they'll go bankrupt.

If Buzzy was fired as you say, why was he given the same deal as all the other IBT staff that retired early? Why was he given the extra seven years credit if he was just fired? Dick Bell said Buzzy himself asked why he wasn't initially included in the list of International staff given the deal. When they offered it to him, he took it. And we all know what he did next. He cashed out over a million dollars from his IBT pensions and HE WENT TO WORK FOR THE COMPANY!

Gegare2011, you are defending Benedict Buzzy, so are we to surmise that this is the kind of thing Gegare condones as well?

Another thing, if Zuckerman gets the credit for getting Allied to pay the snapback, will he also take credit for the next round of concessions he negotiates? We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by keeping up View Post
                          Quoted elsewhere:
                          You can argue all you want but how does it look to THE MEMBERS when Zuckerman's number two (Buzzy) takes a job with ALLIED right after retiring from the Teamsters.

He has been privy to everything the Teamsters have strategized about with that company for 10 years and he just jumps sides and, SURPRISE!, the company says it needs more concessions or they'll go bankrupt.

If Buzzy was fired as you say, why was he given the same deal as all the other IBT staff that retired early? Why was he given the extra seven years credit if he was just fired? Dick Bell said Buzzy himself asked why he wasn't initially included in the list of International staff given the deal. When they offered it to him, he took it. And we all know what he did next. He cashed out over a million dollars from his IBT pensions and HE WENT TO WORK FOR THE COMPANY!

Gegare2011, you are defending Benedict Buzzy, so are we to surmise that this is the kind of thing Gegare condones as well?

Another thing, if Zuckerman gets the credit for getting Allied to pay the snapback, will he also take credit for the next round of concessions he negotiates? We'll see.
                          Another turncoat loser....There has to be a way to make this stop. Something needs to be put in that says that if you do this,switch sides, you will not recieve everything we were gonna give you...I hate seeing that..It makes me want to retaliate. Something must be done. Now.

Comment

I talked with an Atlanta Allied driver today, he said they had a heart to heart with Marky G the other day. This is the way he said it went down, Marky G was really pissed at them since someone had the audacity to ask if he received any raises or bonuses over the last three years. His reply, "Why yes, he had." He then told the drivers that he didn't care about them or the decision that they made. He had taken this gig as a favor to Ronnie B. He had made his money and was ready to retire when old Ron called. He didn't care what we decide because he would just liquidate and go home to play with the grandchildren. From this account, I can see once again, Allied has hired someone who already had one foot out the door when they stepped in. (remember walking small Hugh) All Marky G is interested in is meeting those projected EBITDA bench marks so he can get his bonuses. All his decisions focus on meeting those marks at any cost, at a time when we supposedly need every dime just to buy more trucks. He took his raises and the bonuses due him. And if we don't want to play his way, he will just take his ball and go home. I am calling their bluff. I am tired of the lies and threats. You guys know what I'm talking about. The suits don't care how we live. To them we are just a number that can be easily replaced. Vote no to any concessions! I will!

Comment

Thats what they called equal sacrifice! Only applies between us drivers I forgot. Now Allied hires Zuckerman's second in command of carhaul, and rumor has it they have now quit paying into our pension fund for June, and plan on not paying into it in July-- claiming that they can't pay our wages and our pensions at the same time! And they only paid a portion of June and July's 2009 pension contributions. Zuckerman is not our friend. He gives us the snap back, but behind our back he has been taken away our pensions. What will he do next? It seems that he should be ousted by Hoffa himself if he is acting as a lone ranger on this deal. It just doesn't seem moral or legal to me. Why does Allied want an IBT official on their side? I wonder what they are paying him? Propaganda time! Buzzy went on the Yucaipa tour with Zuckerman around the country promoting the concession deal. Allied must have been impressed to say the least.

Comment

Holy Bat Crap Man !!

Like, 3 weeks ago, this was the hottest forum going ..... then .... poooom !

Nothing !

What happened to everybody ?

What's all the 'buzz' ?

Hey 'Hunter' ..... your out of action right now with lots of reading time on your hands ... register and post something, huh ?

SL

Comment

Working...
                                X