X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rumor has it .....

Originally posted by beluga View Post
    ..... TRANSPORT LABERGE (FROGS) .....
    Easy Dude .... don't forget there are A LOT of Brother and Sister Teamsters in Quebec !

Also, that's a new one. I thought Allied and Cassens ( aka The Union ) had Oakville tied up pretty solid ? I thought Laberge was having enough problems hauling their GM's, Dodge's, and Toyota's in Quebec and New Brunswick ??? Last I heard, the CP ( NB Southern Rail ) railhead in Saint John, NB was still backlogged with Dodge. Hansens HAD been hauling them for Laberge, but apparently stopped because they weren't getting paid on time. How can they afford to send gear to Southern Ontario to Oakville ? They must have bought somebody out too that ?? Anybody ???

This is all based on third party 'talk' I hear. I'm just posting this for information purposes.

SL

Comment

first of all, laberge is hiring in ontario and i got the proof of that because for the past 2 months , i've got the ad in my truck and was posted in a booklet made for truckers,don't remember the title,anyway i've picked it up in cardinal ont. second of all , i know that in mtl ,there waiting for 8 brand new trucks ,heard that from the mouth of management in mtl. still, i don't know yet, why allied didn't get the work?

Comment

heared a funny rumor from an allied driver........... allied bought cottrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Now that's a good one ! Let us know if you hear anything else.

Comment

heard a rumor thit jack cooper is taking over allied , just a rumor, can anybody verify this?

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw View Post
              heard a rumor thit jack cooper is taking over allied , just a rumor, can anybody verify this?
              That one has been going around a while.

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw View Post
                Or vice - a - versa

I've heard both ........

Comment

If anyone knows , it's the drivers. I guess everyone knows by now that Fred Zuckerman has been replaced by Pres. Hoffa with Roy Gross, BA at Local 299 in Detroit. You can Google "Roy Gross" if you want to know more about him.
                  Last edited by ; 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdnj View Post
                    If anyone knows , it's the drivers.
                    What do you know? lol

We were hearing it for a while. I wonder if it started because JCT ended up with a lot of Allieds work? What is left to take over? Don't they only haul Fords now? This is what Allied wanted; to be a smaller company again & that's what they've got.

Comment

I can't speak for all areas, but I've seen Allied in Canada hauling Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and so on .....

Comment

I heard a solid rumor tht Jack Cooper is starting a O/O based company.

Anybody got more info on this?

Comment

• Heard today from a former Canadian Allied driver that he received an email last night that said Allied has gone bankrupt!

Comment

A google search reveals that Allied has been put into involuntary chapter 11 by some hedge funds.

Comment

[QUOTE=draggin;217724]A google search reveals that Allied has been put into involuntary chapter 11 by some hedge funds.[/QUOTE

Comment

Yes two private equity funds asked a bankruptcy judge to put allied into involutary chapter 11 over loan default.Did anyone hear the results?

Comment

Working...
                                X