Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

Joe Biden Is Railing Against Hedge Fund Managers, But He Has a Long History of Courting Them

And look where he held this meeting....... I am not a person of many words at least where politics are concerned but this article is another one that spells it out loud and clearly for me.

“The country wasn't built by Wall Street bankers, CEOs and hedge fund managers,” Joe Biden told a crowd at a Monday campaign rally held in a Teamsters hall, his first appearance as an official 2020 candidate.

This is likely a different message than what Biden has been sending to hedge fund managers themselves, whom he has spent the two years leading up to his announcement aggressively courting. These titans of finance capital have also been among Biden’s early supporters.

In fact, the first time Biden publicly opened the door to a possible 2020 run, he was standing among figures from the hedge fund industry. After months of flat out denials, Biden first admitted he “may very well do it” at the Skybridge Alternatives (SALT) Conference in May 2017, where he appeared as a keynote speaker. SALT is an annual conference bringing together hedge funds in Las Vegas organized and run by Anthony Scaramucci, the hedge fund operator who briefly served as President Trump’s White House communications director in 2017. While Biden is not listed as a speaker for this year’s SALT, his picture is still featured prominently on the front page of its website.
    Joe Biden Is Railing Against Hedge Fund Managers, But He Has a Long History of Courting Them - In These Times

Comment

Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      Joe Biden Is Railing Against Hedge Fund Managers, But He Has a Long History of Courting Them

And look where he held this meeting....... I am not a person of many words at least where politics are concerned but this article is another one that spells it out loud and clearly for me.

Joe Biden Is Railing Against Hedge Fund Managers, But He Has a Long History of Courting Them - In These Times
      Hmmmmm. Trust him as far as we can throw him?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent article ABFwife,keep up the good work and keep spreading the word...Corporate Joe Biden has been nothing but a Corporate kiss-ass bootlicker for these past 36 years...He's their BOY,that's who they want...Trump is an embarrassment and to unpredictable for the ruling elites...Biden,who is no different than Trump when it comes to policy,would bring STABILITY and that PHONY Uncle Joe crap to the Oval Office...Where as Trump SPITS in the face of Corporate Politicians in both parties,Biden would be WINK-WINK in the face of Corporate Politicians in both parties...

The Democratic Party has always made a practice of nominating wolves in sheep's clothing...Obama waged a terrible war against the American people and was totally owned by Wall Street and the MIC...After campaigning and voting for him twice,I finally realized he was nothing but a FABRICATED Corporate Trojan Horse that Corporate America knew could do the most DAMAGE...His bailout of Wall Street's mortgage bond FRAUDSTERS,which led to the eviction of almost 10 million families in America and led to the doubling and tripling of the cost of shelter in America in the 11 years since...When Obama came into office we were BOMBING 2 COUNTRIES...When Obama left office we were BOMBING 5 COUNTRIES...His War Crimes and Coverups are numerous...

And that's exactly why the Democratic Party will do EVERYTHING in it's power to see that True Progressives like Sanders,Gabbard,and Warren will NOT be nominated by using the SAME gangster means they EMPLOYED in 2016...The FAILURE of Corporate Media to Confront these basic and common facts tells you all you need to know about the SYSTEMIC Corruption that is the MSM...Why else would they be PIMPING the Corporate Shill and Waterboy Biden,who has never seen a War he doesn't like,who is best friends with Dick Cheney,and that the 1% and Billionaires are all GOOD PEOPLE and NOT the problem in this Country...And like most of the other Bought and Paid for Corporate Whores in our Government,you could float a battleship in the BLOOD that is on their hands...

ALL one needs to do is...WHAT ELSE?...''FOLLOW...THE...MONEY''....Obama the Community Organizer Net Worth($40 to $60 Million)...Clinton's($80 to $100 Million)...Pelosi($100 Million plus) to realize it is ''NOT'' We the People that they are ''SERVING''...

Here's the deal...Think about it for a second...The FACT that so many POLITICIANS,who spent their ENTIRE working lives in Public Service...now have TENS of MILLIONS of DOLLARS in the bank,should tell US everything WE need to know about the CORRUPTION of OUR Government!!!!

Joe Biden....MORE WAR...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...fort-venezuela

Bernie Sanders....MORE PEACE...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ilitary-action

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
          Excellent article ABFwife,keep up the good work and keep spreading the word...Corporate Joe Biden has been nothing but a Corporate kiss-ass bootlicker for these past 36 years...He's their BOY,that's who they want...Trump is an embarrassment and to unpredictable for the ruling elites...Biden,who is no different than Trump when it comes to policy,would bring STABILITY and that PHONY Uncle Joe crap to the Oval Office...Where as Trump SPITS in the face of Corporate Politicians in both parties,Biden would be WINK-WINK in the face of Corporate Politicians in both parties...

The Democratic Party has always made a practice of nominating wolves in sheep's clothing...Obama waged a terrible war against the American people and was totally owned by Wall Street and the MIC...After campaigning and voting for him twice,I finally realized he was nothing but a FABRICATED Corporate Trojan Horse that Corporate America knew could do the most DAMAGE...His bailout of Wall Street's mortgage bond FRAUDSTERS,which led to the eviction of almost 10 million families in America and led to the doubling and tripling of the cost of shelter in America in the 11 years since...When Obama came into office we were BOMBING 2 COUNTRIES...When Obama left office we were BOMBING 5 COUNTRIES...His War Crimes and Coverups are numerous...

And that's exactly why the Democratic Party will do EVERYTHING in it's power to see that True Progressives like Sanders,Gabbard,and Warren will NOT be nominated by using the SAME gangster means they EMPLOYED in 2016...The FAILURE of Corporate Media to Confront these basic and common facts tells you all you need to know about the SYSTEMIC Corruption that is the MSM...Why else would they be PIMPING the Corporate Shill and Waterboy Biden,who has never seen a War he doesn't like,who is best friends with Dick Cheney,and that the 1% and Billionaires are all GOOD PEOPLE and NOT the problem in this Country...And like most of the other Bought and Paid for Corporate Whores in our Government,you could float a battleship in the BLOOD that is on their hands...

ALL one needs to do is...WHAT ELSE?...''FOLLOW...THE...MONEY''....Obama the Community Organizer Net Worth($40 to $60 Million)...Clinton's($80 to $100 Million)...Pelosi($100 Million plus) to realize it is ''NOT'' We the People that they are ''SERVING''...

Here's the deal...Think about it for a second...The FACT that so many POLITICIANS,who spent their ENTIRE working lives in Public Service...now have TENS of MILLIONS of DOLLARS in the bank,should tell US everything WE need to know about the CORRUPTION of OUR Government!!!!

Joe Biden....MORE WAR...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...fort-venezuela

Bernie Sanders....MORE PEACE...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ilitary-action
          I didn't vote for Obama the first time. I didn't vote at all. I did vote for him the second time. No matter what he is far better than we have now. But I personally have had it with the corporate presidents. We need an extreme change, someone very progressive. And that person is suddenly getting pushed into the background big time since Joe made is big announcement. Exactly what I knew would happen! And the media is the biggest culprit. Three weeks ago Bernie was all over the news and now as I look for news to post here it is all about Joe. It is beginning to feel like there is no chance of turning this country around.

Comment

I didn't vote for Obama the first time. I didn't vote at all. I did vote for him the second time. No matter what he is far better than we have now. But I personally have had it with the corporate presidents. We need an extreme change, someone very progressive. And that person is suddenly getting pushed into the background big time since Joe made is big announcement. Exactly what I knew would happen! And the media is the biggest culprit. Three weeks ago Bernie was all over the news and now as I look for news to post here it is all about Joe. It is beginning to feel like there is no chance of turning this country around.
            YES!!!!!...Outstanding Summation ABFwife,you Nailed it Completely...

What Trump's election accomplished was to throw the Corporate Democrat Establishment into such disarray that they FAILED to be able to REGAIN their accustomed CONTROL over the PARTY BASE despite their best efforts to USE ''Fear of Trump'' to that end,to a degree that they now have to FIELD multiple Corporate Establishment Candidates who give ''Lip Service'' to Progressive ideas in order to KEEP Bernie Sanders,Tulsi Gabbard,and Elizabeth Warren from WINNING the Democratic Nomination...

More than a THIRD of voters stayed HOME last election,especially when the Democrats and Hillary CHEATED Bernie out of the Nomination...They could have won the election had anyone empathized and understood them...But with two ''Corporate Candidates'',they said the Hell with it and stayed away...

The point I'm trying to make is...Give the People Someone Who They KNOW is on Their Side...They Will Vote!!!!!

''IF YOU BUILD IT,THEY WILL COME''

Bernie Sanders...Tulsi Gabbard...Elizabeth Warren...They're the only shot True Progressives have left...

https://vanishingmediator.blogspot.c...-trump-re.html

Comment

California health care union protests Joe Biden fundraiser

A health care union in California held a protest at a fundraiser for former Vice President and current Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden held at the home of a board member for Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

A small group of members from the National Union of Healthcare Workers -- which represents 3,500 mental health clinicians who work for Kaiser Permanente in California—stood outside the home of Cynthia Telles, a member of the Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Kaiser Foundation Health Plan boards of directors, to protest long wait times for patients to receive follow-up care and fight inequities between mental health care and medical health care with Kaiser Permanente.

"Our patients are waiting six to eight weeks for a follow up. Many of our patients are suicidal. Many of our patients are severely depressed and to wait six to eight weeks is a travesty," Eric Pierce, a clinician for Kaiser Permanente told ABC News Wednesday.
              https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cali...ry?id=62892502

Comment

It seems almost inevitable that our crummy,''Lessor of 2 Evils'' electoral system will FORCE Status Quo Joe Biden down our collective throats like a rancid dose of castor oil...in fact,the DNC/Corporate Media,as ABFwife so aptly pointed out,is working night and day right now to ACHIEVE that distorted objective...Joe Biden,represents the WORST the Democratic Party can produce exactly the SAME way Hillary did...We'll get the candidate Corporate America wants no matter what...

You CAN'T beat Trump by repeating the exact same strategy,including,promoting the Status Quo blueprint that GAVE us Trump in the first place...Joe Biden is CUT from the same cloth as Hillary,a Classic Corporate Democrat with a Terrible Corporate Agenda and an Arrogant DISDAIN for anyone who isn't just like his Rich friends...Joe Biden will not,I repeat,''WILL NOT'' bring Young people,Independents,and Swing voters to the POLLS because he's ALL Platitudes and Corporate Policies...Just being BETTER than Trump isn't GOOD enough,it WASN'T last time,and it ISN'T this time...Which will GUARANTEE 4 More Years of Boss Tweet...

Biden might as well put on a pantsuit and a Hillary wig after his statement that Dick Cheney is a GOOD and DECENT man...That alone should disqualify Corporate Joe for the Presidency...As we all know,Dick Cheney is PURE EVIL,the Mastermind behind the LIES of ''WMD''...Rumsfeld,Bush to a lesser degree,but it was that POS I hope he ROTS in Hell Crimes against Humanity Cheney who was the Chess Master...

Cheney is a F-IN Monster and Murderer on so many levels...Anyone familiar with the name Philip Merrill and his APPARENT Suicide?...Well anyway,as the story goes...Cheney,whose Chesapeake Bay property is in the direct line of sight where they FISHED OUT Philip Merrill's ANCHORED body...

The Bush and Cheney APPOINTED former head of the Export-Import Bank,when LARGE SUMS of Iraqi Oil Money went MISSING,was Scheduled that Monday to MEET with a Reporter for a SECRET Interview...

That weekend BEFORE,Merrill was OFFICIALLY declared to have committed suicide while on his yacht...The elderly,short,and obese fellow EVIDENTLY took a shot gun and blew off the back of his skull,then picked up a 200 pound anchor,dived into the bay and swam 12 miles,where he tied down his suicided body with the anchor...Good and Decent man?...I got 3 words for Joe Biden...''GO F$$K YOURSELF''

https://truthout.org/articles/msnbc-...com-companies/

Comment

It's way past time for ALL Americans to start acting on the FACT that EVERYTHING,and I do mean EVERYTHING in U.S. Corporate and Political life is run OF,BY and FOR the pursuit of PROFIT...Ideology,Ethics,and Values are trotted out just to FOOL the people...or more likely,to help the people FOOL themselves...This is Capitalism,this is how it works...

Who are these people?...These people are not merely ''Amoral'',but they also EMBODY the most extreme form of ''Immorality''...

I think there is little else that can come close to the Wicked TREACHERY of those that claim to represent the BEST interests of their Fellow Americans,only to then SELL us all down the river for PERSONAL GAIN...Forget that special place in Hell,these Morally Corrupt people should be Vilified and Punished in THIS life,to the fullest extent of the law,with the most serious punishments and penalties available...What more Serious Crime,or actual damage,can ANY person commit in this life?

Comment

Biden’s Real Union & Labor Track Record

Biden has presented himself as a friend of unions. But does he have a record of showing up for workers? Kamau Franklin and Jeff Cohen discuss his record with host Jacqueline Luqman
                    https://youtu.be/H9ExC-8OmHY

https://therealnews.com/stories/bide...r-track-record

Comment

I know we have a fantastic medical plan through the teamsters but in the long run, I think our country needs medicare for all. I personally think if the companies didn't have to put out so much for medical insurance, unions could bargain for higher wages, more vacation time, better retirement....

Some labor unions split with Biden on 'Medicare for All'
                      Joe Biden and other moderate Democratic candidates opposed to “Medicare for All” have cast the plan as anti-labor, arguing it would leave union members worse off by stripping them of the health care benefits they painstakingly negotiated.

But not all labor unions agree.

Only a few major unions have come out against the single-payer system that would all but eliminate private insurance, while many others remain undecided and some of the biggest labor groups in the country have embraced the plan.

Those supporting Medicare for All — or at least not yet ruling it out — say health care increasingly dominates contract battles, consuming bargaining power that could instead be directed toward raising wages and improving working conditions.
                      https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...unions-1456179

Comment

Wow, this is rather interesting. My dad who is a die hard democrat did not like Biden but never told me exactly why. Beginning to make sense.

Six Times Biden Claimed Life Events That Never Happened

This is a funny story from the Washington Examiner. The guy is incapable of telling the truth.

For example, Biden once claimed to be a miner:

While running for president in 2008, Biden told the United Mine Workers that he was a coal miner.

“I hope you won’t hold it against me, but I am a hard-coal miner, anthracite coal, Scranton, Pennsylvania,” Biden said. “It’s nice to be back in coal country. It’s a different accent [in Virginia], but it’s the same deal. We were taught that our faith and our family was the only really important thing, and our faith and our family informed everything we did.”

The Biden campaign later told the AP that his comment was a “joke.” But it echoed another false claim he had made about coming from a family of coal miners during his 1988 campaign.

In a 1988 speech, Biden referred to “my ancestors, who worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours.” That line was plagiarized from a speech by British politician Neil Kinnock, whose family actually did work in the mines.

In 2004, Biden acknowledged that he did not have family members who worked in mining.
                        https://www.whitehousedossier.com/20...ever-happened/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...never-happened

Comment

Wow, this is rather interesting. My dad who is a die hard democrat did not like Biden but never told me exactly why. Beginning to make sense.

Six Times Biden Claimed Life Events That Never Happened

https://www.whitehousedossier.com/20...ever-happened/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...never-happened
                          We already have the lie record holder squatting in the Whitehouse. We don't need another.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...c-parish-94362

Washington D.C., Oct 28, 2019 / 06:00 pm (CNA).- A South Carolina Catholic priest denied Holy Communion to presidential candidate Joe Biden on Sunday, because of the candidate’s support for legal abortion.
                            Fr. Robert Morey, pastor of St. Anthony Catholic Church in the Diocese of Charleston, South Carolina, denied Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden Holy Communion at Sunday Mass for his support of legal abortion, the Florence Morning News reported Monday.
                            "Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden,” Morey said in a statement he sent CNA Oct 28.
                            “Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that. Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching,” the priest added.

Comment

I don't want him as president but this whole denying him communion, well that really irritates me. I think about all those horrible pedophile priests that took communion and served communion. Who do these priests think they are??? They use communion as a weapon.

Comment

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/29...ernment-agent/

Records filed with the Department of Justice show that Rasky is also a registered foreign agent lobbying on behalf of the government of Azerbaijan. The records, which were filed pursuant to the Foreign Agent Registration Act, show that Rasky was hired by the Azerbaijani government on April 23, 2019. Federal documents signed by Rasky show that he reports directly to Elin Suleymanov, Azerbaijan’s ambassador to the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X