Trump’s Labor Board Has Unions Shelving Complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump’s Labor Board Has Unions Shelving Complaints

And yet there are still those that will defend the "great labor record" of this administration.

Two-plus years into the Trump administration, labor unions are more often choosing to forego one of the primary tools they use to push back against companies they feel are mistreating workers or failing to bargain in good faith.

Union filings of unfair labor practice (ULP) charges to the National Labor Relations Board have fallen by nearly 11 percent since President Donald Trump took office, according to NLRB data obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request. Some unions have withdrawn unionization petitions as well as cases pending before the board, including some cases where an agency judge initially ruled in their favor.

The pullback comes at least in part because unions are worried the GOP-majority board will rule against them or that their case could even become a vehicle for the NLRB to establish new legal precedents that would disadvantage workers with a similar case down the road.

“We don’t want to go into a legal battle and set a precedent that would ultimately jeopardize the union rights of folks across the country,” Megan Piccirillo, a spokesperson for the Service Employees International Union Local 509, told Bloomberg Law. The SEIU local had been pushing an organizing petition for non-tenured faculty at Northeastern University, but dropped the effort because organizers feared the NLRB could use their petition to rule that non-tenured faculty are “managerial workers,” a category exempted from the NLRA’s rights and protections.
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...omplaints-9-10

Re: Trump’s Labor Board Has Unions Shelving Complaints

Chip, chip, chip, chipping away.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Trump’s Labor Board Has Unions Shelving Complaints

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
      Chip, chip, chip, chipping away.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
      I might add that each one of those chips is huge........

Comment

Working...
      X