Here’s Where the 2020 Candidates Stand on Labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s Where the 2020 Candidates Stand on Labor

This is a long article but a good one. There is a great chart in here showing how the candidates stand on important issues. Biden isn't looking so good! And Bernie definitely is. This whole white male issue is really bugging me. I think a lot of white union men voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary. Tell me now how that has worked out?????

During the primaries, Democratic presidential candidates have always made a point of showing up at union halls and playing up ties to working people: It’s one of the first pages in the Democratic political playbook. Biden officially started his campaign at a Teamsters banquet hall in Pittsburgh, announcing he is a “union man.” Warren kicked off her campaign at the site of the historic 1912 textile workers’ Bread and Roses strike in Lawrence, Mass. Klobuchar and Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.) mention union members in their extended family while speaking to union audiences.
    Eighty years later, in 2016, something changed. Donald Trump had the best GOP presidential candidate performance with union households since 1984, trailing Hillary Clinton by only 8 percentage points. In 2012, Mitt Romney trailed Barack Obama in this demographic by 18 points. All of which raises the question: Are Democrats losing labor as a reliable constituency? Dems can still count on union endorsements, to be sure. But with Trump attacking from the left on free trade, support from white male union members—who still make up a plurality of the movement’s members—is up for grabs.
    Biden also didn’t endear himself to the labor movement by voting for NAFTA and supporting the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, both of which unions opposed. Biden did support EFCA as a senator but has not committed to the PRO Act, and his campaign did not respond to a request for comment.
    It’s not hard to imagine the other leading candidates saying something similar—indeed, most have before crowds of union members. It’s Sanders’ long record of actually supporting labor actions that makes him stand out. Political candidates love to call their campaigns a “movement,” and Sanders is no exception, but it feels less cliched when a campaign actively urges supporters to join protests around the country—like those held by University of California campus workers and Delta Air Lines flight attendants. “What Bernie is doing is very, very unique,” Lichtenstein says. “The most radical thing in this campaign cycle that’s happened is Bernie using his email list to get people to picket lines and protests.”
    Here’s Where the 2020 Candidates Stand on Labor

Re: Here’s Where the 2020 Candidates Stand on Labor

Trump easily wins reelection

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
      Well he had help from his russian friends the last time and still lost the popular vote by 3 million.
      But most corrupt dictators have their following to the very end.
      Get your brown shirt out and polish your boots so you can attend the next meeting of the faithful followers.

Comment

Did you ask those that are still waiting for their jobs to return in steel and coal? How about the 1000's of bankrupt farmers? The factory workers who's jobs vanished after believing Trump's lies?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
          Well he had help from his russian friends the last time and still lost the popular vote by 3 million.
          But most corrupt dictators have their following to the very end.
          Get your brown shirt out and polish your boots so you can attend the next meeting of the faithful followers.

Are you still on that Russian crap.. Even the far left New York Times has come out and said it was nothing more than a hoax.. I said last year that the Chickens would come home to roast and slowly they are eating each other in Washington.. Deep State going down..

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
            Did you ask those that are still waiting for their jobs to return in steel and coal? How about the 1000's of bankrupt farmers? The factory workers who's jobs vanished after believing Trump's lies?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/us-s...p-tariffs.html

https://www.cleveland19.com/story/37...1000-new-jobs/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/11/us-s...this-year.html

Comment

Trump will win as the democratic party is self imploding.. Trump plays the media and has pushed the four freshman congresswomen to the top of the DNC.. The 20 or so presidential candidates take notes from them..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                Are you still on that Russian crap.. Even the far left New York Times has come out and said it was nothing more than a hoax.. I said last year that the Chickens would come home to roast and slowly they are eating each other in Washington.. Deep State going down..
                Please, let's not start down that same road as before.
                You must provide a link to that story.

This is what I understand to be fact.

Robert Mueller:
                I will close by reiterating the central allegation of our indictments—that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election.

That allegation deserves the attention of every American.

Thank you.

https://time.com/5597514/robert-mueller-statement/

Comment

Psssssst. Why don't you head on over to the tariffs and trade thread and take a peek. Bring out the calculator. After you realize we're losing our collective asses will you be so proud of what you posted? Maybe you can plop those articles down on the plates of the families that are suffering from job LOSS?

A little food for thought.

"Trump's steel protectionism seems to have failed. Again."

https://reason.com/2019/07/12/at-lea...-are-to-blame/

"Have President Trump’s Steel Tariffs Worked?"

"One year later, the troubling statistics are in."

https://www.libertynation.com/have-p...ariffs-worked/

Comment

Job loss,job gain a fact of life, jobs come and go every day, been that way forever and will continue.Doesnt matter who is in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                      Please, let's not start down that same road as before.
                      You must provide a link to that story.

This is what I understand to be fact.

https://time.com/5597514/robert-mueller-statement/
                      Same old road?? Like I said in another post. You know what Lifer use to tell me?? Google it.. But just for you.

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/f...ossier.646479/

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                        Job loss,job gain a fact of life, jobs come and go every day, been that way forever and will continue.Doesnt matter who is in charge.

The powers on here will only look at the negative stories.. Remind you of anything?? The liberal Main Stream Media.. Sure sounds like they are still drinking way too much kool aid.. Maybe it is tainted. Liberalism blinders.. At their best.

Comment

Tell that to those who lost their job, the family business or farm. It sure does matter. It all depends on who is in charge. Now the shoe is on the other foot. The lies piling up. Backed into a corner. Judgement day is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                            Tell that to those who lost their job, the family business or farm. It sure does matter. It all depends on who is in charge. Now the shoe is on the other foot. The lies piling up. Backed into a corner. Judgement day is coming.

The shoe is on the same foot, are you saying that nobody lost a job prior to trump, no farms ceased operations, no factories closed.
                            Judgement day is coming when trump gets re-elected and all you haters will implode.
                            Cant wait

Comment

The shoe is on the same foot, are you saying that nobody lost a job prior to trump, no farms ceased operations, no factories closed.
                              Judgement day is coming when trump gets re-elected and all you haters will implode.
                              Cant wait
                              Promises, promises, promises.....Turn into folks looking for answers after the dust settles from the Orange Grifters tour of lies. To my knowledge he hasn't returned to those sites. He most likely won't either. No photo opps with "props" in hard hats to be had. The line of BS ended with unemployment for those he made a promise too. It goes back to character....Or lack of. That circle of friends will be Trumps albatross.

Comment

Working...
                              X