X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: President Donald Trump

More great news from our President!

Trump goes after federal worker unions, agency by agency
    WASHINGTON—Not content with throwing federal workers in general under the bus – ousting unions from small offices in buildings, taking away their computers, phones, and fax machines, illegally refusing to bargain, and curbing workers’ rights to speak with Congress and their ability to defend themselves against political and prejudiced bosses — the GOP Trump administration now wants to physically dismantle the unions, agency by agency.
    If Trump succeeds in dismantling unions, the nation’s two million federal workers and their families would be defenseless against managers’ whims, favoritism, partisanship and restoration of the old spoils system. Those are favorite goals of the worker-hating union-hating radical right – especially the notorious Heritage Foundation, and its White House inmates.

The two latest instances of union-dismantling target the Defense Department’s civilian workers and the Labor Department’s Employment Service, the federal agency – though its personnel are state workers – that helps the jobless with training, resumes and job searches.

Those two assaults led the unions representing the workers, AFSCME for the state Employment Service workers and the Machinists for the defense civilian workers, to fight back. IAM has taken its case to Congress, and AFSCME headed for court.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...ncy-by-agency/

Comment

A comment was made in another thread that the democrats aren't working with the republicans. Or the other way around. No argument, they both are butting heads.
      My only rebuttal to that is the fact that somewhere around 400 bills passed by the house now sits on McConnell's desk, one of which is the drug price bill. McConnell won't consider moving the bill forward, along with hundreds more.
      So who isn't working with each other ?

'Get a bill to my desk': Trump pushes Congress on drug prices, a key campaign promise
      President Trump pressured Congress to send him bipartisan legislation to lower drug prices during his State of the Union address on Tuesday, redoubling his efforts to fulfill one of his key promises.
      His comments suggested that he continues to back the Prescription Drug Pricing Reduction Act, a bill that advanced last year out of the Senate Finance Committee, a panel chaired by Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley. The bill would cap what people on Medicare pay for drugs at $3,100 a year beginning in 2022 and would cap drug costs by forcing drug companies to give rebates to Medicare if they increase their prices above inflation, among more than two dozen other provisions.
      Trump said. "I am calling for bipartisan legislation that achieves the goal of dramatically lowering prescription drug prices. Get a bill to my desk, and I will sign it into law without delay."
      Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell never said that he was behind the legislation. Meanwhile, House Democrats advanced a partisan bill that would allow the government to set prices of 50 to 250 prescription drugs. The House bill is a non-starter for Senate Republicans, and Democrats have dared Trump to support their bill, noting that he said when he was running for office that he thought the government should negotiate prices.
      Trump has consistently railed against high drug prices, but several of his plans have failed to advance to implementation. Polling from the Kaiser Family Foundation shows that drug pricing is a top healthcare concern for voters and that most voters disapprove of Trump's actions on the issue.
      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...mpaign-promise

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
        A comment was made in another thread that the democrats aren't working with the republicans. Or the other way around. No argument, they both are butting heads.
        My only rebuttal to that is the fact that somewhere around 400 bills passed by the house now sits on McConnell's desk, one of which is the drug price bill. McConnell won't consider moving the bill forward, along with hundreds more.
        So who isn't working with each other ?

'Get a bill to my desk': Trump pushes Congress on drug prices, a key campaign promise

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...mpaign-promise
        Without a doubt McConnell is evil. He kisses the feet of Corporate America.. And the pharmaceutical industry..

Comment

I believe in the fundamental right to organize and bargain for wages and benefits.
          I also believe this administration will do anything to suppress the rights all working people should have.
          Doesn't matter to me if your public worker or if you work for a private employer. Your still part of the working class.

Trump Administration Publishes Memo That Could End Defense Unions
          The White House on Thursday formally published a controversial document that gives Defense Secretary Mark Esper the authority to end collective bargaining for the Pentagon’s nearly 750,000-person civilian workforce, more than three weeks after President Trump signed the memo.
          The document, dated Jan. 29, which delegates Trump’s legal authority to exempt agencies from the law guaranteeing federal employees the right to unionize, is now available on the Federal Register.

In the memo, Trump argues that Esper may need to abolish unions from the Pentagon because of the need for “flexibility.”
          We've all heard that word "flexibility" before.
          Add in the fact that the budget proposal submitted included a 1% raise and cuts to their retirement benefits for federal workers.
          We can add a Trillion dollars to the debt, and then claim the economy is "the best", yet they want to strangle the workers that effectively run day to day operations of the country.

https://www.govexec.com/management/2...unions/163237/

Comment

https://www.globalresearch.ca/donald...states/5704170

"Yes, I know. The stock market is up and unemployment is low. As an economist, let me tell you something. First, one should not get obsessed with the stock market. The current stock market bubble is largely the artificial result of huge tax cuts to corporations. The latter are buying back their shares with public money, while the government is going deep into debt. Add to that artificially low, sometimes negative, interest rates pushed down by central banks in a panic over debt levels, and you have the result that you see.

Secondly, the current low unemployment rates are mainly the demographic result of baby-boomer workers going into retirement in droves, thus creating a shortfall in the supply of labor in many professions and trades. —Don’t be fooled by these mirages and slight of hand.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sayheykid View Post
              https://www.globalresearch.ca/donald...states/5704170

"Yes, I know. The stock market is up and unemployment is low. As an economist, let me tell you something. First, one should not get obsessed with the stock market. The current stock market bubble is largely the artificial result of huge tax cuts to corporations. The latter are buying back their shares with public money, while the government is going deep into debt. Add to that artificially low, sometimes negative, interest rates pushed down by central banks in a panic over debt levels, and you have the result that you see.

Secondly, the current low unemployment rates are mainly the demographic result of baby-boomer workers going into retirement in droves, thus creating a shortfall in the supply of labor in many professions and trades. —Don’t be fooled by these mirages and slight of hand.'
              Can someone say "pessimist" ??

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                Without a doubt McConnell is evil. He kisses the feet of Corporate America.. And the pharmaceutical industry..
                And he's not alone,gone are the official cover stories once given to explain the high price of drugs...''Research and Development in finding New and Safer Drugs''...The public stop buying those BS shop worn lies when the price of increasing numbers of drugs became unreachable...The average American knows,without question,they are being exploited by Big Pharma and that the political class in BOTH parties are helping these corporations rob us blind and sacrifice our lives in the name of GREED...Any politician that takes pharmaceutical 'blood money' won't pass the smell test with an increasing number of ''Informed Citizens''...

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ust-be-stopped

Comment

Check, check, check, oh yes, check....

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

How many have said Trump is not liked overseas?? He is in India today and had a massive crowd. 110,000.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-arrives-in-india

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      How many have said Trump is not liked overseas?? He is in India today and had a massive crowd. 110,000.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-arrives-in-india
                      My brother who is a staunch republican (and I did post this previously) was in Germany a few months ago for a trade show. He said literally everyone he met told him they hated our president. He was laughed at and was a total joke to everyone that discussed it with my brother seeing he is American. He met people from all over the world at this show. That is not saying much about our president.......

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                        My brother who is a staunch republican (and I did post this previously) was in Germany a few months ago for a trade show. He said literally everyone he met told him they hated our president. He was laughed at and was a total joke to everyone that discussed it with my brother seeing he is American. He met people from all over the world at this show. That is not saying much about our president.......
                        My neighbor who lived in Germany just got back from there visiting his 94 year old mother says the problem he sees over there is the media. CNN is the big international cable channel when it comes to news. CNN's reporting on Trump is over 90% negative. so if that is what I heard day in and day out I think I would hate Trump too.. But even with that it's about half and half when it comes to Trump..You have to remember Trump has gone after Germany for their financial status with NATO..And gone after Angela Merkle as well.

Comment

CNN's reporting on Trump is over 90% negative.
                          I wonder why that is? Are they lies and slander or just made up fake news?

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                            I wonder why that is? Are they lies and slander or just made up fake news?
                            Yes
                            CNN is just an arm of the democrat party.
                            Their failing ratings is irrelevant to them.
                            Bought and sold.
                            Now watch them tear Bernie apart. Then suddenly you'll complain.

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
                              Yes
                              CNN is just an arm of the democrat party.
                              Their failing ratings is irrelevant to them.
                              Bought and sold.
                              Now watch them tear Bernie apart. Then suddenly you'll complain.
                              Over 90% negative sure seems like a lot to me. I switch back and forth between CNN MSNBC and FOX most weekday mornings between 6 & 9 AM. I think CNN is probably the most accurate and fair of the 3. Morning Joe is anti Trump. Fox and Friends are pro Trump. I hate to disagree with my friend crazy but I'm calling B/S on the CNN 90% negative. CNN reports what Trump says does and tweets. I'd venture a guess that in that 3 hour time period it more like 90% truth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                                Over 90% negative sure seems like a lot to me. I switch back and forth between CNN MSNBC and FOX most weekday mornings between 6 & 9 AM. I think CNN is probably the most accurate and fair of the 3. Morning Joe is anti Trump. Fox and Friends are pro Trump. I hate to disagree with my friend crazy but I'm calling B/S on the CNN 90% negative. CNN reports what Trump says does and tweets. I'd venture a guess that in that 3 hour time period it more like 90% truth.

I was wrong. 93% instead of 90%. Now this article is two years old but they sure haven't gotten any friendlier Trump.. MSNBC is the same.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...verage-is-neg/

. For the youngsters out there, once upon a time, CNN was pretty much down the middle. The fledgling network covered news — real news, not fake news — and worked hard to be on site wherever news was happening. When something happened, that was the place to go.

But those days are long gone. Watch any 10 minutes of CNN, and now you’ll see nothing more than a nonstop — and often vicious — diatribe against President Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X