Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: President Donald Trump

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
    Then why don't we have one? Trump's party controls McConnell and the senate. The house has passed 2 pension bills only to have them shelved by the republican controlled senate. If Trump truly wanted the pension deal he could have gotten it passed last year.

And the republicans are for business. If Trump wanted to stop cheap labor then why didn't he do it when he had control of both houses?

And he damn sure should. He's the Commander in Chief. His indecisive flip flop policies have weakened moral in the military.

And I suppose that Reagan and the Bushes had nothing to do with it. Reelecting Trump would continue business as usual.

Yes he is a deal maker but for who? It certainly isn't for labor. Remind me what he has really already done for us in 3 1/2 years.

I call B/S on that as he quietly fills VA executive positions with insiders who are working to privatize the VA.

Who are these dems you are referring to? It's just radical far left posturing for votes. How can any city "defund" it's police department and still maintain order and protect it's population? It sounds good to the radical left. Kind of like Mexico paying for the wall.IMO it won't happen.................Slave I'm not going to change your mind on Trump. I only got into this because you suggested that our union should support Trump and I believe that he isn't for unions. He, along with any politician, will promise anything to get reelected. But his track record from his first term isn't pro labor. So why would the Teamsters or organized labor want to give him another 4 years?
    Why would we want to give the Dems 4 years. Imo they put them pension bills up there at a time when they know full well nothing will be done. It's a game they play. Why didn't Obama do it so we wouldn't be here now? He also had full control and grandstanded for our votes. They lie worse than him because they say they stand for us....yet do nothing for labor when it comes down to it.

Comment

Nobody wants their cities destroyed like the Dems are allowing. And then they want to take guns away too.
      Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
        Exactly like four years ago. Nothing has changed.
        Exactly ABFwife,what does it say to all Working Class Americans when we have one candidate,namely,''You ain't Black'' Corporate,Senile,Dementia-Ridden Joe Biden,who can't even tell the difference between his wife and sister,who has been 'hunkered down'' in his Delaware basement for the past 3 months,ahead in the polling according to one of the most 'Conservative' News organizations in the Country?....WE,as Working Class Americans,are in a heap of trouble!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...motivates-dems

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...in-doug-schoen

Comment

You cannot attack Trump to get a pension deal. Union leaders should attempt to work with him. Not fight him like the Dems do. It would need to be give and take. Support..for a deal might work. Not with the GOP but with the President. He'd have to cut the deal with his current party. And I do mean current.
          You cannot demand when you are in no position to do so in the Senate. And Pelosi knows that. Which is why the Dems can't be trusted. They KNOW it will go nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
            Exactly ABFwife,what does it say to all Working Class Americans when we have one candidate,namely,''You ain't Black'' Corporate,Senile,Dementia-Ridden Joe Biden,who can't even tell the difference between his wife and sister,who has been 'hunkered down'' in his Delaware basement for the past 3 months,ahead in the polling according to one of the most 'Conservative' News organizations in the Country?....WE,as Working Class Americans,are in a heap of trouble!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...motivates-dems

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...in-doug-schoen
            You are right on that.
            But Bernie and the the Squad are leaders of the kind who are tearing up the cities.
            They are not a solution. But a major problem.

Comment

Record low unemployment rate from CNBC. NOT FOXNEWS.
              The jobless rate for Hispanics hit a record low of 3.9% in September, while African Americans maintained its lowest rate ever, 5.5%.
              The unemployment rate for Asian Americans was 2.5% in September. The jobless rate for adult women came in at 3.1%.
              https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/blac...ecord-low.html

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                Why would we want to give the Dems 4 years. Imo they put them pension bills up there at a time when they know full well nothing will be done. It's a game they play. Why didn't Obama do it so we wouldn't be here now? He also had full control and grandstanded for our votes. They lie worse than him because they say they stand for us....yet do nothing for labor when it comes down to it.
                Why would we, as the labor movement, want to give the republicans 4 more years to further weaken unions? I disagree with your opinion that the house and senate democrats introduced the Butch Lewis act because they knew it wouldn't get passed McConnell. Slave please answer me this. If, as you say, Trump is for passing it then why since he has control didn't he get it done? the bill had 39 co-sponsors but only 1 republican. That was Susan Collins who certainly isn't a Trump lackey. If Trump was for the bill then why didn't he get at least 1 of his backers in the senate to sponsor it?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/2254/cosponsors?q={%22search%22:[%22To+strengthen+parity+in+mental+health+and+subst ance+use+disorder+benefits.%22]}&r=46&s=1&searchResultViewType=expanded

Comment

You are right on that.
                  But Bernie and the the Squad are leaders of the kind who are tearing up the cities.
                  I hope I'm reading your post wrong. I would like to see anything that ties Sanders to the rioting and looting that has taken place. Are you saying he endorses violence and lawlessness?

Comment

Why would we, as the labor movement, want to give the republicans 4 more years to further weaken unions? I disagree with your opinion that the house and senate democrats introduced the Butch Lewis act because they knew it wouldn't get passed McConnell. Slave please answer me this. If, as you say, Trump is for passing it then why since he has control didn't he get it done? the bill had 39 co-sponsors but only 1 republican. That was Susan Collins who certainly isn't a Trump lackey. If Trump was for the bill then why didn't he get at least 1 of his backers in the senate to sponsor it?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/2254/cosponsors?q={%22search%22:[%22To+strengthen+parity+in+mental+health+and+subst ance+use+disorder+benefits.%22]}&r=46&s=1&searchResultViewType=expanded
                    I never said Trump was for passing it.
                    I said we would need to deal with him on it.
                    Not through the Democrats. Not with the GOP.
                    But with the unions and Trump.
                    It would take a deal with him to change GOP Senate votes.

Comment

I hope I'm reading your post wrong. I would like to see anything that ties Sanders to the rioting and looting that has taken place. Are you saying he endorses violence and lawlessness?
                      They are his supporters and that is clear.
                      They would only vote for Sanders or the Squad.

Comment

You are right on that.
                        Your trying way to hard Slave,one of the most ignorant and ridiculous statements I've read on this web-site in a long time...It's quite clear you are grasping for ''anything'' that vindicates your ideology...The difference between us is that I care what the truth is...Prove to me ''Conclusively'' that your last statement is TRUE...or maybe just your HUMBLE OPINION!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                          Your trying way to hard Slave,one of the most ignorant and ridiculous statements I've read on this web-site in a long time...It's quite clear you are grasping for ''anything'' that vindicates your ideology...The difference between us is that I care what the truth is...Prove to me ''Conclusively'' that your last statement is TRUE...or maybe just your HUMBLE OPINION!!!!!
                          The whole world knows these are Bernie and Squad types.
                          There is no reaching necessary to see that.
                          These are today's "hippies". Not much love involved.
                          https://youtu.be/UJjLFnV3E7w

Comment

Has Bernie come out against the looters?
                            Seems to me he justifies it if this is the latest headline.
                            https://justthenews.com/government/c...e-been-looting

He should have condemned it because people just like us become the victims of animals like these. Truck drivers. Inner city people who disagree or have no care about politics. Leave us all defenseless with no guns and no police to idiots burning and looting and killing and destroying.
                            And do any leading Democrats condemn it?
                            Does Bernie?
                            Does the Squad?
                            Silence....because they want their votes.
                            Therefore they must condone it.
                            Trump does not condone it.

Comment

I detest Obama as much as I do Trump...In some ways Obama is worse...At least with Trump and the Republicans,we know where they stand...Their disdain for anyone but the rich is obvious,but with Obama and the Democrats,they like to pretend they care about the Working Class,and they go on and on about ''Democratic Values'',but they are lying hypocrites...Everything they do is for their 'OWN' interests and their Corporate 'Sugar Daddies'...Both Parties,2 heads on the SAME COIN!!!!!

Comment

I never said Trump was for passing it.
                                I said we would need to deal with him on it.
                                Not through the Democrats. Not with the GOP.
                                But with the unions and Trump.
                                It would take a deal with him to change GOP Senate votes.
                                I have to admit brother slave that the idea of the unions dealing directly with Trump confuses me. Could or would that even be possible? Are you suggesting that the unions strike a deal that if they support Trump then he will in return negotiate directly with them? Wouldn't that be some sort of Quid Pro Quo?

I can just see it now Hoffa bringing the Butch Lewis Act to the table and and selling us out by walking away with the republican Grassley-Alexander pension reform bill. Hoffa and co just giving the store away again. If that were to be the case then why doesn't Trump tell McConnell just get it passed? The republicans HEROS and GROW act isn't good for labor.

Comment

Working...
                                X