Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trump, campaign promise or lie ?

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    Even the FBI agents that interviewed Flynn didn't believe he lied.. So yeah a conspiracy to tell the truth..What side are you on?? Truth or the ones that just want power??

No answer??
    You recieved an answer. I'm waiting to see Sullivan's ire.

Last I heard there was little amusement for Sullivan when the accusations came from Flynn's new lawyers. Dismissed is the word.

The "poor me" defense seems to be the go to these days.

One by one the guilty will be perp walked out. Justice will prevail.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Opp's I missed it by ten'' ... 215 charges.. from your above post #21

That should make it easier for you to explain..
      I had a bit of time while unloading the freight for Uncle Sam and a simple Google search turned up a few articles on the subject....."215 criminal charges, 38 indictments or pleas, and five prison sentences so far."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trump/585376/

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        You recieved an answer. I'm waiting to see Sullivan's ire.

I will ask you the same question again.. Nothing to do with Judge sullivan..

. Let me ask you something.. If the FBI was telling you that if you didn't agree to their claim that you lied that they would go after every family member you have.. What would you do?? That's what happened to Flynn..

Comment

I will ask you the same question again.. Nothing to do with Judge sullivan..

. Let me ask you something.. If the FBI was telling you that if you didn't agree to their claim that you lied that they would go after every family member you have.. What would you do?? That's what happened to Flynn..
          Yes, it has much to do with Sullivan. This case will be decided in a court of law. Yes, you received my answer. Justice will prevail.

Comment

Yes, it has much to do with Sullivan. This case will be decided in a court of law. Yes, you received my answer. Justice will prevail.

I will take that as a NON answer... You WIN!!

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
              Flynn

Yesterday, Michael Flynn’s attorney, Sidney Powell, filed a Motion to Withdraw his Guilty Plea, arguing the government breached its obligations under the plea agreement the retired general had entered with the special counsel’s office in late 2017. Prosecutors had promised in that plea agreement to “file a departure motion pursuant to Section 5K1.1 of the Sentencing Guidelines” if Flynn provided substantial assistance to the government.
              The government kept that pledge—until it didn’t.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/15...ed-him-to-lie/
              As usual, there are two sides to every story.
              Seems Flynn wasn't as truthful as his lawyers claim. He did admit to lying, but now wants to change that plea.
              Bottom line, just another in the long line of criminals that have graced the Trump administration by being "only the best"!

Flynn Asks To Withdraw Guilty Plea In Case Stemming From Mueller Probe
              Former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who admitted to lying to the FBI about contacts with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., wants to withdraw his 2-year-old guilty plea, saying federal prosecutors reneged on a promise to not ask for jail time at his upcoming sentencing.
              In the sentencing memo, prosecutors said Flynn had been less than cooperative in an investigation of his former partner, Bijan Rafiekian, at Flynn Intel Group, a lobbying firm. Rafiekian was found guilty in July of conspiring to act as an undisclosed agent of Turkey. However, Flynn was not called to testify in the trial. Prosecutors deemed him unreliable after he changed his account of events, they said. Flynn's attorneys have disputed that characterization.
              In December 2016, President Barack Obama placed sanctions on Russia in retaliation for Moscow's interference in the presidential election. In the same month, Flynn, a senior official on the Trump transition team, contacted then-Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, urging Moscow not to escalate the situation and offering the prospect of a better relationship under the new president, according to court documents.
              Flynn then lied to the FBI about those conversations.
              https://www.npr.org/2020/01/15/79652...-mueller-probe

Comment

Does anyone remember the many claims of Trump "saving" an industry, or an entire sector of the American economy ?
                With shouts of don't sell your home, to creating many jobs in the steel plants. Only problem is, those factory's still closed and many people lost their jobs.
                Campaign promise ... or a lie ?

US Steel to shutter Detroit plant and lay off 1,545 workers after Trump brags he “saved” industry
                "If I didn’t get elected, you wouldn’t have a steel industry," Trump bragged last month, as US Steel stock fell 70%
                U.S. Steel Corp. plans to permanently idle a giant plant in the Detroit area and lay off up to 1,545 workers as steelmakers face large financial losses despite President Donald Trump’s boasts that he “saved” the steel industry.
                U.S. Steel CEO David Burritt praised Trump’s tariffs on imported steel after the company announced it would rehire workers and restart two blast furnaces last year. Earlier this year, Trump bragged that he “not only saved this important industry, but created many jobs” with his steel tariffs.Just months later, U.S. Steel announced that it would idle a plant outside of Detroit and lay off as many as 1,545 employees, Bloomberg News reported on Friday. The company already laid off 200 Michigan workers earlier this year.
                https://www.salon.com/2019/12/21/us-...aved-industry/

Comment

I will take that as a NON answer... You WIN!!
                  If you say so. I gave an answer. Apparently it wasn't to your liking? The hypothetical is irrelevant. Flynn will have his day in court. Justice will prevail.

Comment

If you say so. I gave an answer. Apparently it wasn't to your liking? The hypothetical is irrelevant. Flynn will have his day in court. Justice will prevail.

From the spinmaster.. Priceless

Comment

I wonder what happened to this plan ... campaign promise, or just more B/S from Trump ?

September 7, 2016 - “We are going to convey my top generals and give them a simple instruction,” Trump told a crowd in Greenville, N.C., on Tuesday. “They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.”
                      Then you have the claims of defeat.
                      03/23/19 - 16 times Trump said ISIS was defeated, or soon would be
                      Until we come full circle to understand ISIS is still operating and our military is resuming operations again.

US military resumes operations against the Islamic State group in Iraq
                      The U.S. military is resuming operations against Islamic State militants in Iraq and is working to soon restart training Iraqi forces, U.S. officials said Wednesday, despite deep divisions over the American drone strike that killed an senior Iranian commander in Baghdad and the resulting missile attacks by Iran on Iraqi bases.
                      I guess all those statements from Trump was just more hyperbole. Just a campaign promise, and we all know that they aren't meant to be taken as truth.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=41905399

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...demise-of-isis

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...group-in-iraq/
                      Last edited by fxstc07; 01-16-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Here's a lie that is particularly amusing. The "We're out of ammo" lie that gained a 3 Pinocchio rating.

President Trump’s claim that ‘when I came in, we had no ammunition’

October 18, 2019 at 3:00 AM EDT

“When I took over, it was a mess. … One of our generals came in to see me and he said, ‘Sir, we don’t have ammunition.’ I said, ‘That’s a terrible thing you just said.’ He said, ‘We don’t have ammunition.’ Now we have more ammunition than we’ve ever had.”

— President Trump,*in a news conference with Italian President Sergio Mattarella at the White House, Oct. 16

“We were very low. I could even say it stronger. I don’t want to say, ‘No ammunition,’ but that gets a lot closer.”

— Trump,*in remarks at the White House, Sept. 16

"This is a good example of how Trump’s most-repeated claims tend to become more exaggerated over time. The president has insisted in recent weeks that when he took office in 2017, the U.S. military brass told him there was no more ammunition."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...no-ammunition/

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                          I wonder what happened to this plan ... campaign promise, or just more B/S from Trump ?

Then you have the claims of defeat.

Until we come full circle to understand ISIS is still operating and our military is resuming operations again.

US military resumes operations against the Islamic State group in Iraq

I guess all those statements from Trump was just more hyperbole. Just a campaign promise, and we all know that they aren't meant to be taken as truth.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=41905399

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...demise-of-isis

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...group-in-iraq/
                          ISIS??? Do they have any land mass ?? NO they do not.. If the previous administration was a little more like Trump then ISIS would never have grown.. When he says he defeated them he is talking about the Islamic Caliphate.. But then again you don't seem to have the dot connecting skills that I have.. You just like to post negative stories.. ISIS is an ideology .. One would have to kill everyone of them and that's not gonna happen in our lifetime..

Comment

Here's a lie that is particularly amusing. The "We're out of ammo" lie that gained a 3 Pinocchio rating.

President Trump’s claim that ‘when I came in, we had no ammunition’

October 18, 2019 at 3:00 AM EDT

“When I took over, it was a mess. … One of our generals came in to see me and he said, ‘Sir, we don’t have ammunition.’ I said, ‘That’s a terrible thing you just said.’ He said, ‘We don’t have ammunition.’ Now we have more ammunition than we’ve ever had.”

— President Trump,*in a news conference with Italian President Sergio Mattarella at the White House, Oct. 16

“We were very low. I could even say it stronger. I don’t want to say, ‘No ammunition,’ but that gets a lot closer.”

— Trump,*in remarks at the White House, Sept. 16

"This is a good example of how Trump’s most-repeated claims tend to become more exaggerated over time. The president has insisted in recent weeks that when he took office in 2017, the U.S. military brass told him there was no more ammunition."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...no-ammunition/

He exaggerates a wee bit.. Every been to a truck stop pr talk to a long time fisherman?? Trump has rebuilt the Armed forces whether or not you believe him..

Comment

He exaggerates a wee bit.. Every been to a truck stop pr talk to a long time fisherman?? Trump has rebuilt the Armed forces whether or not you believe him..
                              By that assertion is it safe to assume the previous administration depleted our ammunition supply?

Would that mean the conspiracy theories of the small ammo shortage as a result of our government stock piling is a lie as well?

Would that also mean the previous administrations efforts with PGM's was the cause for these claims?

Trucker talk and fishing stories? No. Trump lies. Truckloads and shiploads of them.

Comment

Hold on Alabama ... your about to get hit with a massive hurricane. According to Trump and his magic sharpie.
                                Is this just a wee bit of an exaggeration ? What gets me are the followers ( good little brown shirt soldiers ) that go along with the stupidity of those exaggerations !

In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5.
                                Instead the president lied, repeatedly, egregiously, claiming Alabama was actually in danger. For days after his original mistake he kept lying about it, even as Dorian was lashing the east coast. Some of the lies got very silly, such as when Trump brought Fox News senior White House correspondent John Roberts into the Oval Office to show him a hurricane forecast map, doctored with a sharpie to include a bit of Alabama.
                                Donald Trump is a serial liar. That’s hardly a revelation — the Washington Post’s most recent tally has Trump up to 12,019 false or misleading claims in 928 days in office, averaging almost 13 per day — but still, the hurricane lies are different.
                                https://arcdigital.media/trumps-sill...nt-24ccae1a3ad

Comment

Working...
                                X