Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Welcome to corporate America and why you must sacrifice yourself for the economy.
    My wife was ordered to report today. One day a week right now. But really, she isn't doing her group counseling, just reporting to do paperwork on the state computer system.
    Yesterday the commissioner of the state prison system sent a letter detailing that 21 correction officers have tested positive.
    But they still want her ( and many of her co-workers ) to report for work. Why ?
    If she isn't counseling, then why is she considered "essential" ?

Oh yea ... last week she was NOT permitted to wear a protective mask inside.
    The letter yesterday said that is now acceptable.
    Mind you, she must endure daily pat-downs before entering. No metal anywhere on her person. Can only carry a small clear plastic bag for paperwork. Walk though a metal detector.
    While all the correction officers don't do any of that. And they are the ones infected right now.

May God have mercy on us all.
    If its only paperwork then why can't she work from home?? She shouldn't be going in if there are that many infected.. I would think twice about it.. Hope she stays safe ..

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      I'm getting ticked off by the day at what is considered life sustaining and the shithole we go to who think they are necessary. Employees are not supplied soap, paper towels, masks,gloves. Chinese picture frames. Pills to cut up bodybuilding muscles and weight loss snake oil salesman pills...fingerprint all the boxes to fit the shitty grocery warehouse racks. That shit never should be even started. Your racks? YOU BREAK IT DOWN TO FIT THE RACKS.
      Sporting goods. Home deliveries of recreation stuff.
      And we wonder why it spreads?
      We shouldn't even be getting out of our trucks.
      It ain't much better on the government side Slave. They're totally unprepared to protect any of us delivering. They do have measures in place for our defenders in my route. Us? A room to wait in while our rigs are inspected that hasn't seen a thorough cleaning since it was built. We call it "the science project." I don't go in there period. I'll wait in the rain and snow outside the building. We were forced in there prior to Coronavirus. Only the main shipping and receiving building have taken steps for their employees. One particular government contractor. They require us to immediately go to the restroom and wash our hands upon entering the building before any interaction with their employees. Maintain your social distance of 6 feet. I carry wipes and hand sanitizer on my dime. Nothing provided by our wonderful company.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        If its only paperwork then why can't she work from home?? She shouldn't be going in if there are that many infected.. I would think twice about it.. Hope she stays safe ..
        It's work that can only be accessed on a state of NJ computer. Not from a personal computer. Besides, she works for a contractor and they claim the state wants them to report. It's a "catch-22" situation.

May we all be safe. It appears this virus attacks randomly and indiscriminately.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
          It's work that can only be accessed on a state of NJ computer. Not from a personal computer. Besides, she works for a contractor and they claim the state wants them to report. It's a "catch-22" situation.

May we all be safe. It appears this virus attacks randomly and indiscriminately.
          What a sad state of affairs. What I provide for my customers is more than their own employers. Your lovely wife has it worse.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm very close to a person who works for one of the medical supply chains whose CEO sat with Trump for the supply chain meeting this weekend. People there have been testing positive. Many come from NJ to work there. NJ has high amounts of the virus. Now they're hiring temps. The employees are provided with masks, gloves, soap, wipes, etc. But they probably catch it at home. It's very scarey. They are required to deal with HR if themselves or family test positive. And they are required to stay home.
            I've been around people today who totally take it seriously and other idiots who butt right in front at a guardshack because they don't care if people are close to each other as long as they get in line. Stupid people. I said be my guest...get sick if you want but I'm waiting till there's 6 feet of room till I go in.

Comment

I'm very close to a person who works for one of the medical supply chains whose CEO sat with Trump for the supply chain meeting this weekend. People there have been testing positive. Many come from NJ to work there. NJ has high amounts of the virus. Now they're hiring temps. The employees are provided with masks, gloves, soap, wipes, etc. But they probably catch it at home. It's very scarey. They are required to deal with HR if themselves or family test positive. And they are required to stay home.
              I've been around people today who totally take it seriously and other idiots who butt right in front at a guardshack because they don't care if people are close to each other as long as they get in line. Stupid people. I said be my guest...get sick if you want but I'm waiting till there's 6 feet of room till I go in.
              As I said in another thread I went today to a local supermarket... It was kinda looking like a Halloween party with some of the people having homemade masks and scarfs etc..But I did witness someone come in grab a shopping cart and go about their business like nothing was different.. They had antiseptic wipes at the door but this guy walked right past them.. We have always used them ..So I agree with you as there many that are not taking this serious..

Comment

Now all of PA is under stay-at-home orders by the Governor. They did it by county till they must all have it. 60 some counties.
                https://apnews.com/e8c3495ee657c5687543eb7ca9cb5861

Comment

Medical supplies from China have arrived. One plane was diverted for an unknown reason and landed at LAX instead of the final destination of Ohio.

FEMA relief shipment diverted to LAX
                  A planeload of medical supplies from China coordinated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been redirected to Los Angeles International Airport after being scheduled to land this morning in Ohio, said Sarah McQuaide, a spokeswoman for the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.

The shipment is part of Project Airbridge, the FEMA-organized airlift that began on Sunday with a delivery of critical equipment for combating the coronavirus to New York’s JFK Airport. A second relief flight arrived at Chicago O’Hare Airport on Monday. Both flights were operated by Atlas Air (NASDAQ: AAWW) of Purchase, New York.

The third flight from Shanghai with gloves, gowns, goggles and masks was scheduled to land today at Rickenbacker International Airport outside Columbus, but was delayed until this morning and has now been diverted to Los Angeles, McQuaide told FreightWaves. Florida-based National Airlines is operating the flight using a Boeing 747-400 freighter.

A FEMA spokesperson confirmed that the shipment was rerouted to Los Angeles.
                  https://www.freightwaves.com/news/fe...iverted-to-lax

Comment

I just returned from the Vet this morning and had the news on the radio in the truck.. This was reported on Foxnews.. In NYC now if someone has a heart attack and their heart stops in the ambulance then don't bring them to the hospital.. corona virus victims are priority..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      I just returned from the Vet this morning and had the news on the radio in the truck.. This was reported on Foxnews.. In NYC now if someone has a heart attack and their heart stops in the ambulance then don't bring them to the hospital.. corona virus victims are priority..
                      I heard yesterday that 4000 NYC Police officers are out due to the virus. That's not a good situation in these times imo.

Comment

Maybe not all out due to virus. But still over 4000 out due to illness.
                        https://www.amny.com/brooklyn/more-t...d-19-pandemic/

Comment

I found this..no thanks on the Chinese ones....but we should all get these tests once they're done....but I guess the Democrats will stop us from being able to do it, like children.
                          https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202....virus-pandemic
                          Determining who already fought it allows for people to go back to a normal life and work without fear of getting it. Very important.
                          One is approved now.
                          Hopefully they're accurate and can be distributed quickly.
                          https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/5116281002/

From your state Jimmy.
                          Last edited by slavenomore; 04-02-2020, 11:35 PM.

Comment

The situation in North Jersey is getting grim and dire,especially in Bergen and Essex counties...We have relatives,friends,and acquaintances diagnosed with the virus...My wife's cousins in Brooklyn,my sister in the next town over,all quarantined at home...Our 25 plus years next door neighbor who is a legend in this community for his over 50 years of service as a dedicated educator of young minds and athletic coach,so much so the the high school athletic field is named after him...Even the word 'Revered' wouldn't do justice how the residents of this town feel about him...He is now in the ICU fighting for his life because of this damn virus...Other families in the area quarantined...Another friend,who had someone at work test positive,was told to quarantine...Problem is,his daughter,son-in-law,and grandson,because of layoffs had to move in with them...His grandson was born with a respiratory birth defect...You see the problem...His wife packed a suitcase,left it on the front porch,couldn't even stay with relatives,had to check in a hotel...And there's more stories,home,work,relatives,friends,it's unbelievable how this virus has turned so many lives upside down,caused so much misery,and changed(imo) the landscape of this country forever...This is not ending any time soon...Newark,Irvington,East Orange,and Orange are in total lockdown...Law enforcement is driving around these cities with their megaphone announcements to stay off the streets...The police are pulling people over throughout Essex County after curfew asking where their going and why their out...7 or 8 neighborhood kids were out the other day playing touch football,until the police showed up and broke it up...WTF..I stopped the other day before work at a small place that was open to get a buttered roll and coffee...4 of us in the place standing 6ft apart...Guy in front of me gets his bagel and pays the same guy who made his bagel,gives the guy his change in coins and bills with his gloves on,then proceeds to grab a roll with the same gloves on...I say,''I hope that's not my roll'',guy turns around and says to me,''don't start that sh*t in my place''...I say,''I think I'll cancel that order'',and walked out as did the 2 people behind me and the 3 of us nodded at each other as we got into our cars...Like I said,will change the landscape forever...Be Smart...Be Safe...Wash your Hands...and God Bless...

https://news.yahoo.com/massive-coron...233016280.html

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                              The situation in North Jersey is getting grim and dire,especially in Bergen and Essex counties...We have relatives,friends,and acquaintances diagnosed with the virus...My wife's cousins in Brooklyn,my sister in the next town over,all quarantined at home...Our 25 plus years next door neighbor who is a legend in this community for his over 50 years of service as a dedicated educator of young minds and athletic coach,so much so the the high school athletic field is named after him...Even the word 'Revered' wouldn't do justice how the residents of this town feel about him...He is now in the ICU fighting for his life because of this damn virus...Other families in the area quarantined...Another friend,who had someone at work test positive,was told to quarantine...Problem is,his daughter,son-in-law,and grandson,because of layoffs had to move in with them...His grandson was born with a respiratory birth defect...You see the problem...His wife packed a suitcase,left it on the front porch,couldn't even stay with relatives,had to check in a hotel...And there's more stories,home,work,relatives,friends,it's unbelievable how this virus has turned so many lives upside down,caused so much misery,and changed(imo) the landscape of this country forever...This is not ending any time soon...Newark,Irvington,East Orange,and Orange are in total lockdown...Law enforcement is driving around these cities with their megaphone announcements to stay off the streets...The police are pulling people over throughout Essex County after curfew asking where their going and why their out...7 or 8 neighborhood kids were out the other day playing touch football,until the police showed up and broke it up...WTF..I stopped the other day before work at a small place that was open to get a buttered roll and coffee...4 of us in the place standing 6ft apart...Guy in front of me gets his bagel and pays the same guy who made his bagel,gives the guy his change in coins and bills with his gloves on,then proceeds to grab a roll with the same gloves on...I say,''I hope that's not my roll'',guy turns around and says to me,''don't start that sh*t in my place''...I say,''I think I'll cancel that order'',and walked out as did the 2 people behind me and the 3 of us nodded at each other as we got into our cars...Like I said,will change the landscape forever...Be Smart...Be Safe...Wash your Hands...and God Bless...

Yep. It's bad. And scarey. Places where I go or have gone are constantly turning up with positive tested employees.
                              And they close down and sanitize for a few hours or a day and open back up.
                              One of my daughters had a desk next to a guy who is now sick and his family too. It takes 5 days to get test results back to find if they are sick from the virus. Also has a locker next to somebody who did test positive and she said hello to every day. I think the company doesn't tell them who is positive. They find out from coworkers who know them. I don't even know if she has way to find out about the guy with the desk.
                              She has a little bit of sore throat and headache.
                              I said go get tested. Don't wait. She said she thinks it's more likely to get the virus by standing in line to get tested. She lives with a friend.
                              She deals with life sustaining supplies. Necessary ones. And people are positive testing there. And they use alot of precautions.
                              They need to get this under control.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post

Yep. It's bad. And scarey. Places where I go or have gone are constantly turning up with positive tested employees.
                                And they close down and sanitize for a few hours or a day and open back up.
                                One of my daughters had a desk next to a guy who is now sick and his family too. It takes 5 days to get test results back to find if they are sick from the virus. Also has a locker next to somebody who did test positive and she said hello to every day. I think the company doesn't tell them who is positive. They find out from coworkers who know them. I don't even know if she has way to find out about the guy with the desk.
                                She has a little bit of sore throat and headache.
                                I said go get tested. Don't wait. She said she thinks it's more likely to get the virus by standing in line to get tested. She lives with a friend.
                                She deals with life sustaining supplies. Necessary ones. And people are positive testing there. And they use alot of precautions.
                                They need to get this under control.
                                Sadly I do believe these stories are going to become more and more frequent.. Social distancing will be the future. I don't think anyone knows when it will end. All I see are people pointing fingers at one another in who is to blame. This is a whole lot more serious than we have been told . This is not the time to be partisan . It strikes all people Democrats,Republicans,Independents,white people,Black people,Hispanic people. It strikes all Christians,Muslims,Jews,and those that don't believe. It's bringing families back together even if it's not in person. Everyday now it seems someone knows of someone who has been affected by this terrible virus. Will it ever end?? All we can do is listen to the so called experts. And hope they are truthful. God bless us all..

Comment

Working...
                                X