Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

The World Health Organization either with held information or they are incapable of doing the job,, So now Trump is gonna with hold the aid we give them..

Trump announces US will halt funding to World Health Organization over coronavirus response

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ion-who-halted

President Trump announced at the White House coronavirus news briefing in the Rose Garden on Tuesday that the United States will immediately halt all funding for the World Health Organization (WHO), saying it had put "political correctness over lifesaving measures."

Also at the briefing, the president said plans to ease the national economic shutdown were being finalized, and that he would be "authorizing governors to reopen their states to reopen as they see fit." At the same time, Trump made clear that he was not going to put "any pressure" on governors to reopen.

Trump read a long list of names of people in business, health care and sports who will advise him on how to restart the economy. "We have to get our sports back," Trump remarked. "I'm tired of watching baseball games that are 14 years old."

In the meantime, Trump declared that the United States would undertake a 60-to-90 day investigation into why the "China-centric" WHO had caused "so much death" by "severely mismanaging and covering up" the coronavirus' spread, including by making the "disastrous" decision to oppose travel restrictions on China.

The United States is the WHO's largest single donor, and the State Department had previously planned to provide the agency $893 million in the current two-year funding period. Trump said the United States contributes roughly $400 to $500 million per year to WHO, while China offers only about $40 million. The money saved will go to areas that "most need it," Trump asserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      I just don't get it. The whole corona virus spreading is trumps fault, The Hospitals are overwhelmed way short of PPE and that Trumps fault. Every thing is Trumps fault. What about China? Don't they have fault? Kept help out and didn't make it know like they should have? Americans living life as normal ignoring the warnings?? Americans spread this and made it way more deadly than any one man should be responsible for.

My dad is 83 and he has been a true democrat but not anymore. He told me that the extreme left has completely crazy especially with their ideology. I can't believe Americans would be so intolerant against a wall to try to stop all the ILLEGALS from just walking right on in like they own this place. They start to drain the system that you and I pay for every day. No they don't contribute like we have to. I think Nancy and all her clan can just walk straight out into the ocean and drown. I would rather have JFK JR than any Democrat that I know of now.

How can building a wall be considered racist?

member ranting
      A good start Jimmy in understanding the US political system is to consider what the Dems and Repubs really are...The picture is painted that the Repubs are mean and greedy,while the Dems stand more for 'human values'...This is hogwash...Both parties stand for 2 slightly different approaches to the SAME goal...That goal is maximizing conditions for the us Ruling Class...

The Repubs think the best way to achieve this is simply crushing everyone else,in other words,Social Darwinism with no apologies(survival of the fittest)...The Dems on the other hand,think the best way for our rulers to manage us,in the long run,is by PRETENDING to care for us and by demonstrating their affection by throwing CRUMBS to us from time to time...

You see Jimmy,the Dems do have a coherent vision and ideology and certainly do have backbone...They absolutely do FIGHT for what they believe in...Which is,to preserve,protect,defend,and extend throughout the globe,CAPITALISM'S domination,rights,privileges,power,and ABOVE ALL(wait for it)...''PROFITS''!!!!!!!!!!!

The Democratic Party is the face of the enemy...No amount of pining or soft-pedaling will ever change that...They represent their Capitalist BOSSES interests just as do the Repubs but are WAY BETTER pedaling the 'Snake Oil'...Any individual,any web-site,any institution that peddles the LIE that the Dems are of any value to the people is part of the G*d-damn problem....END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is what our facility looks like, like some sorta of Government facility now
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jimmy; 04-14-2020, 11:37 PM. Reason: rotated image

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
          A meat packing plant in central Pennsylvania has hundreds of employees affected with COVID-19. The plant is closed, but I can't help wonder how much infected product was shipped or made it to the store shelves ?

Union: 164 workers test positive for COVID-19 at Cargill Meat Solutions

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/unio...eat-solutions/
          Another meat processor in Colorado has reported positive virus cases. It is the same corporate owner, Cargill, as the Pennsylvania plant.

Cargill confirms positive COVID-19 cases, implements safety measures at Fort Morgan plant
          Cargill’s Fort Morgan meatpacking plant, which employees 2,100 people, confirms positive COVID-19 cases of workers at the facility.
          Tuesday morning, Daniel Sullivan, a Cargill’s spokesperson, sent the following statement via email:
          “We are dedicated to limiting the spread of the virus where we can, and we are working with local health officials to ensure appropriate prevention, testing, cleaning and quarantine protocols are followed. ”
          “We also will continue to enforce a mandatory 14-day quarantine for any employees who may have been exposed to COVID-19, and that includes any employees who may have come into contact with any team member who has tested positive.”
          https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/ca...-morgan-plant/

This was posted on Teamster Local 355 web site.

Apr. 14, 2020 | COVID-19 | One hundred and fifty workers at the massive Cargill plant near Fort Morgan are under quarantine and six have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Teamsters union leader Steven Vairma. Vairma told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger it gets worse. “We were just informed today that we had somebody pass away out there at the Cargill location,” he said. A Cargill spokesman told CBS4 it is giving those impacted by the virus paid time off. Those still working are being rewarded with extra pay.
          https://www.teamsters355.com/index.c...&homeID=824608

Comment

Global battle erupts as Trump pulls WHO funding over coronavirus response

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/glo...virus-response

President Trump’s decision to suspend funding to the World Health Organization amid the coronavirus crisis touched off an international war of words overnight as Democratic lawmakers in Washington as well as international bodies like the European Union condemned the move.

The president announced Tuesday that the United States would immediately halt funding for the health organization, saying it had put “political correctness over lifesaving measures,” noting that the U.S. would undertake a 60-to-90 day investigation into why the “China-centric” WHO had caused “so much death” by “severely mismanaging and covering up” the coronavirus spread.

TRUMP ANNOUNCES US WILL HALT FUNDING TO WHO

Republicans on Capitol Hill, many of whom have been sharply critical of the World Health Organization and calling for weeks to get tough on the organization for allegedly helping China suppress information about the outbreak in the early stages, cheered the president’s decision.

“Glad to see @realDonaldTrump halt funding to the @WHO. We need to review their role in helping Communist China lie about the #Coronavirus, before any more taxpayer money is spent,” Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., tweeted. “This was the right move and I look forward to a full Congressional investigation into the WHO.”

Comment

Imagine that all these countries that reap the benefits with little or no monetary input,too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                Imagine that all these countries that reap the benefits with little or no monetary input,too bad.

I believe we should have a world health organization but unfortunately today this organization seems to be corrupted..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                  I believe we should have a world health organization but unfortunately today this organization seems to be corrupted..
                  Doesn’t it seem like the USA subsidizes all of these organizations with the largest contributions,but reaps the least benefits but takes all the greif when all goes south?
                  Using borrowed money from China which circumvents every human benefit,in the normal world.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                    Doesn’t it seem like the USA subsidizes all of these organizations with the largest contributions,but reaps the least benefits but takes all the greif when all goes south?
                    Using borrowed money from China which circumvents every human benefit,in the normal world.

True. And it's good Trump Destroyed the TTP and Paris Agreement which was basically the USA giving money to be Redistributed to these other countries

Comment

Originally posted by fedexnuno View Post
                      Show us your Accurate Knowledge here to defend your answer here crazy
                      Here is another example of CNN bowing to China

CNN Basically Published A Press Release From The Chinese Military

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/13/c...a-coronavirus/

“The report said that the Chinese carrier was carrying out this operation while four US Navy aircraft carriers — the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the USS Ronald Reagan, the USS Carl Vinson and the USS Nimitz — have reported cases of coronavirus, crimping their operations,” CNN wrote.

This was also noted in PLA’s write-up, as CNN noted in their blurb.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                        Here is another example of CNN bowing to China

CNN Basically Published A Press Release From The Chinese Military

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/13/c...a-coronavirus/
                        A little more on the story..

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ar...virus-response

CNN overhauled a story on its website Wednesday after being widely accused of publishing "Chinese propaganda" in a report that originally cited a media outlet controlled by the Chinese government, but the change has been labeled by some as "disingenuous."

On Monday, CNN.com ran an article about China People's Liberation Army (PLA) supposedly having a foothold in the spread of the coronavirus in a branch of its military. CNN’s original headline was, “China's PLA Navy is controlling coronavirus and aircraft carrier's deployment proves it, report says.”

Comment

CNN accused of 'literally publishing Chinese propaganda'
                          https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ac...tate-run-media

Comment

Congratulations to researchers at Rutgers University for developing the FIRST groundbreaking drive-thru saliva test for the coronavirus in the U.S....Rutgers has always been one of the premier academic institutions on the East Coast,and I would be less than honest,if I didn't say I was Jersey proud...''All of this combined will have a tremendous impact on testing in NJ and across the U.S.''....''The shear volume of samples that now can be tested will also help scientists come up with a coronavirus vaccine''...That's great positive news,and let's hope and pray this is just the beginning of scientific breakthroughs that will help get our great country up and running again!!!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/nj-first-u-of...152709063.html

Comment

A little more on the origins of the virus. Again it is a fox news article but the writer of the article is well respected for being honest. Bret Briar

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ete-us-sources

. Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ete-us-sources

. EXCLUSIVE: There is increasing confidence that COVID-19 likely originated in a Wuhan laboratory not as a bioweapon, but as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States, multiple sources who have been briefed on the details of early actions by China's government and seen relevant materials tell Fox News.

This may be the "costliest government coverup of all time," one of the sources said.

The sources believe the initial transmission of the virus was bat-to-human, and that "patient zero" worked at the laboratory, then went into the population in Wuhan.

The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly.

Comment

Posted stories earlier told us the virus is attacking the meat packing plants.
                                Now it's the poultry plants.
                                I would hope a thorough cooking would kill any virus that may infect the product.
                                I hope so anyway.

Coronavirus hits workers at 5 of big poultry processor's plants
                                Coronavirus has stricken workers at nearly half of Wayne Farms' 11 chicken processing plants and two of its 17 feed mills and hatcheries in the southeastern U.S., the poultry producer confirmed on Wednesday.
                                However, the Continental Grain Co. subsidiary declined to specify the number of employees who tested positive for the virus nor identify the affected sites, with a spokesperson saying the situation is "constantly changing."
                                With annual sales exceeding $2 billion, the Oakwood, Georgia-based processor is the country's seventh-largest poultry producer and employs more than 9,000 people in five states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi and North Carolina.
                                https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...lants-workers/

Comment

Working...
                                X