Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Russia,Russia,Russia.

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Like I always have said. There are two sides to every story.

Ex-DOJ Official: My Words Were 'Twisted' in Flynn's Dismissal

The full story is available on the NY Times, a subscription site.

https://www.newser.com/story/290715/...mpaign=rss_top
    I won't argue that there are always two sides to any story.. From the NY Times article

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/o...ael-flynn.html

This is where the F.B.I. disagreed with the Justice Department’s preferred approach. The F.B.I. wasn’t ready to reveal this information to the incoming administration right away, preferring to keep investigating, not only as part of its counterintelligence investigation but also possibly as a criminal investigation. Although several of us at Justice thought the likelihood of a criminal prosecution under the Logan Act was quite low (the act prohibits unauthorized communications with foreign governments to influence their conduct in relation to disputes with the United States), we certainly agreed that there was a counterintelligence threat.
    The FBI under the direction of Coomey wanted to put the pressure on Flynn to try and turn him against Trump.. It didn't work and now the shoe is on the other foot.. The DOJ going after all the crooked ones from the Obama administration.. Look them all up..

Comment

Obama spy chief and other top officials had no direct evidence of Trump-Russia collusion: Transcripts

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...37774oQBgCWhT8

Former President Barack Obama’s spy chief and other top national security and law enforcement officials testified that they did not see direct evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, according to newly released House Intelligence Committee transcripts.

James Clapper, the director of National Intelligence for most of Obama’s presidency, told the committee in July 2017 that he “never saw any direct empirical evidence” of any member of then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign "plotting/conspiring" with the Russian government.

“That's not to say that there weren't concerns about the evidence we were seeing, anecdotal evidence, [REDACTED]. But I do not recall any instance where I had direct evidence of the content of these meetings. It's just the frequency and prevalence of them was of concern," he said, according to one of the 57 transcripts released on Thursday.

But Clapper painted a much more dramatic picture as a CNN contributor. In May 2019, he appeared to contradict his sworn testimony.

“What was the Trump campaign doing at the same time?” Clapper said. “Essentially aiding and abetting the Russians and having contacts — dozens of contacts — with Russians, some of whom were connected officially to Russian intelligence, and not reporting it.”

These terms, to “aid” or “abet” a foreign power such as Russia, fall under the U.S. criminal code and potentially serious criminal penalties.

CNN host Brooke Baldwin interrupted Clapper to make that point. “Not legally aiding and abetting. To be clear, though, not meeting the legal definition of aiding and abetting," she said.

Clapper backed off, saying, “Well, I’m using that in a parochial — or a colloquial sense, I guess."

Robert Mueller’s special counsel report, released in April 2019, shows his investigation found the Russians interfered in the 2016 election in a “sweeping and systematic fashion,” but his team “did not establish” any criminal conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia. No one was ever charged with Russia collusion.

Comment

Durham moving ‘full-throttle’ on Russia probe review, top federal prosecutors involved: sources

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dur...volved-sources

U.S. Attorney for Connecticut John Durham is going “full throttle” with his review into the origins of the investigation into suspected Russia-Trump coordination in the 2016 election, with additional top prosecutors involved in looking at different components of the original probe, sources told Fox News.
        Two sources told Fox News that Jeff Jensen, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri who was tapped by the Justice Department in February to review the case of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, is continuing to help with Durham’s investigation even after the DOJ’s move last week to drop the case against Flynn.

DOJ DROPS CASE AGAINST MICHAEL FLYNN, IN WAKE OF INTERNAL MEMO RELEASE

The sources told Fox News that interim U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Timothy Shea is also assisting with components of the investigation.

“They farmed the investigation out because it is too much for Durham and he didn’t want to be distracted,” one of the sources told Fox News.

TRUMP CALLS FOR 'DIRTY COPS' TO PAY 'BIG PRICE' FOR RUSSIA PROBE

“He’s going full throttle, and they’re looking at everything,” the source told Fox News.

The Justice Department declined to comment on Jensen and Shea’s involvement.

Comment

Seems some former justice department officials don't agree with Mr. Barr and his handling of the Flynn case. I'm sure they feel free to speak without fear of retribution at the hands of this administration.

Nearly 2K former DOJ officials call for AG Barr to resign over Flynn case
          Nearly 2000 former Justice Department officials have signed onto a letter calling for Attorney General William Barr to resign over what they describe as his improper intervention in the criminal case of former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn.
          The letter, signed mostly by former career officials in the department, accuses Barr of joining with President Trump in "political interference in the Department’s law enforcement decisions."
          The letter is the latest in a wave of backlash among former officials to the DOJ's surprise reversal in the Flynn case.
          https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2000...ry?id=70615677

Comment

Seems some former justice department officials don't agree with Mr. Barr and his handling of the Flynn case. I'm sure they feel free to speak without fear of retribution at the hands of this administration.

Nearly 2K former DOJ officials call for AG Barr to resign over Flynn case

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2000...ry?id=70615677
            The most important word in your post.. "Former".

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
              The most important word in your post.. "Former".
              Why ?
              People aren't allowed to retire ?

Comment

Why ?
                So I'm retired and stopping back at work to tell the boss that he isn't doing his job correctly.Only in politics do these clowns surface, you think they have a horse in the race,I do.

Comment

Why ?
                  See post 157..

Comment

I understand.
                    Professionals with more experience and knowledge then any of us here aren't allowed to express opinions.
                    Retired or otherwise.

Comment

Barr seems to be at the top of the heap, he makes the decisions, what the subordinates think really doesn't matter in the whole equation .

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                        Barr seems to be at the top of the heap, he makes the decisions, what the subordinates think really doesn't matter in the whole equation .
                        Except we haven't heard what the judge in the case has to say. I now believe she holds the upper hand. Wait and see.

Comment

I understand.
                          Professionals with more experience and knowledge then any of us here aren't allowed to express opinions.
                          Retired or otherwise.
                          Who said they couldn't express their opinions??

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                            Who said they couldn't express their opinions??
                            Not tonight.
                            Have a wonderful evening.

Comment

Little by little the corruption in the previous administration is coming to light.. or as I have said in the past "The chickens are coming home to roost" ..

Richard Grenell declassifies list of Obama officials who 'unmasked' Flynn: Report

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ok0LQyWr3Cr3kA

The acting director of national intelligence has reportedly declassified the list of Obama administration officials who “unmasked” Gen. Michael Flynn’s contact with the Russian ambassador.
                              According to reports on ABC News and other news networks, Richard Grenell gave the list of former officials to the Justice Department last week.
                              Fox News reported similarly Monday evening.
                              The Obama administration reportedly learned of Flynn’s conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak when he was incoming national security adviser through the process of “unmasking.”

Flynn had charges of lying to the FBI about those conversations dropped last week.
                              U.S. law permits the intelligence agencies to spy on Mr. Kislyak or other foreigners. But when those foreign official speaks with U.S. citizens, the American’s identity is “masked” and officials need good and specified reason to “unmask” it.

For years, Trump supporters have charged the Obama administration with abusing its powers to concoct the basis for investigations that could bring down President Trump

Comment

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrE...UuSswbnITR718-

Do the other 113,000 employee agree with Barr ?

Comment

Working...
                                X