No announcement yet.

Joe Biden tells worker 'you're full of s***' during argument over gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Biden tells worker 'you're full of s***' during argument over gun control

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
    I'm going to put it in as simple terms as I can. Owning a firearm should be thought of as more of a privilege than a right guaranteed us through the 2nd amendment. Responsibility is the word to apply.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

https://www.theamericanconservative....-sleeping-man/
    This is the "responsibility" government now uses with their privilege.......its scary......a pregnant woman...a sleeping man...gun charges.....deafening bombs deemed weapons of mass destruction...in a bedroom......an Act to allow the public no info for a certain time limit.

This tells me....NO TAKING ANY GUNS FROM CITIZENS.
    a Montgomery County SWAT team killed Lemp during a violent attack on his family’s home in the affluent Washington suburb of Potomac, Maryland.

Why did the SWAT team attack the home as Lemp was sleeping? The initial county police press release referred only to “firearms offenses.” County police spokeswoman Mary Davison refused to disclose either the details of Lemp’s alleged offense or the affidavit used to justify the raid. Instead, she notified me that my press inquiries were being handled under the Maryland Public Information Act which entitles government agencies to delay responding for weeks or months.

Even the search warrant used to justify the raid is reportedly sealed for 30 days. This Blue Wall of Silence is doing nothing to slow the cascade of allegations on social media that Lemp was murdered.

According to Rene Sandler, a former prosecutor who is representing the Lemp family, Montgomery County police fired into the bedroom where Lemp and his pregnant girlfriend were sleeping without warning. The gunfire was followed by two flash-bang grenades. The Supreme Court of North Carolina last month labeled flash-bangs a “weapon of mass death and destruction,” and a 2019 federal appeals court decision noted that flash bangs are “four times louder than a 12-gauge shotgun blast” with “a powerful enough concussive effect to break windows and put holes in walls.” Criminal defense lawyer Clay Conrad observed in 2010, flash-bangs are “just an assault. These things are designed to blind and deafen… You’re intentionally injuring people.”

And when gunfire and bombs ring out at 4:30 a.m., it is not surprising that someone gets killed in the commotion. Montgomery County police have offered no explanation for the timing of the raid. Instead, they issued a press release late on the day of the killing announcing a “police-involved shooting” — a weasel phrase preferred by police departments and much of the media nowadays.

Comment

Re: Joe Biden tells worker 'you're full of s***' during argument over gun control

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      Today people might think that way.
      Responsibility then and now Slave. What has changed from then and now is we have a standing Army (professional) and National Guard (today's militia) Something that was argued in disfavor of back then over the expense of such Army.

Our responsibility then? Protecting our fledgling country. When was the last time your militia was mustered? I am not a member of any militia so I couldn't tell you. I do know where the Armory is though.

Our Responsibility now? Protection. Protecting lives. Ours and others. Protection from ourselves.

Responsibility. Owning firearms is a huge responsibility. Some people take it for granted. That is a failure of our society. The number of gun related deaths is what we have to show for it. We're the leader in that category.

I am a proponent of the 2nd amendment. I am also a proponent of stricter sale and ownership laws. Responsibility.

Comment

https://www.theamericanconservative....-sleeping-man/
        This is the "responsibility" government now uses with their privilege.......its scary......a pregnant woman...a sleeping man...gun charges.....deafening bombs deemed weapons of mass destruction...in a bedroom......an Act to allow the public no info for a certain time limit.

This tells me....NO TAKING ANY GUNS FROM CITIZENS.
        Follow up story.

https://www.theamericanconservative....f-duncan-lemp/

Comment

There's more to this story.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            What my problem is I just don't understand how any gun control will work or any gun legislation against the law abiding citizen is in any way justified. The law abiding citizen don't go around killing.

Any type of gun control will just take the guns out of the hands of Law abiding citizens. The criminals will still have what ever kind of gun they want. I just do not understand how the American people cant see that.

I still believe this, talk about this or that but this will never change. Law abiding citizens don't do mass shootings or any gun related crime and for that matter any crime.

Comment

I still believe this, talk about this or that but this will never change. Law abiding citizens don't do mass shootings or any gun related crime and for that matter any crime.
              Many were "law abiding citizens" before they bought military grade weapons and decided to kill their co-workers, or people at a night club, or worst yet, school children.

The 2nd amendment is a fine piece of antiquated material. Written during a time that guns were single shot muzzle loaders and flintlock pistols.
              Times change, technology has changed our lives, weapons designed primarily for military use are not needed in the hands of Joe Average. That's my opinion.

Comment

Timothy McVeigh used ammonium nitrate fertilizer, nitromethane, and diesel fuel mixture.

Their motive below
                The chief conspirators, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, met in 1988 at Fort Benning during basic training for the U.S. Army.[18] Michael Fortier, McVeigh's accomplice, was his Army roommate.[19] The three shared interests in survivalism.[20][21] They expressed anger at the federal government's handling of the 1992 Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI) standoff with Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge as well as the Waco siege – a 1993 51-day standoff between the FBI and Branch Davidian members which began with a botched Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) attempt to execute a search warrant leading to a fire fight and ended with the burning and shooting deaths of David Koresh and 75 others.[22] In March 1993, McVeigh visited the Waco site during the standoff, and then again after its conclusion.[23]McVeigh later decided to bomb a federal building as a response to the raids.[13][24][25][26]

McVeigh and Nichols purchased or stole the materials they needed to manufacture the bomb, which they stored in rented sheds.

This whole article here Oklahoma City Bombing
                POST investigations: show these guys were already criminal and should have been stopped by the current laws in place at that time. They used "
                ammonium nitrate fertilizer,
                nitromethane, and diesel fuel mixture." Not a firearm. We can still buy the stuff they used today.

Columbine High School massacre
                In December 1998, Harris and Klebold made Hitmen for Hire, a video for a school project in which they swore, yelled at the camera, made violent statements, and acted out shooting and killing students in the hallways of Columbine High School.[29][30] Both also displayed themes of violence in their creative writing projects; of a Doom-based story written by Harris on January 17, 1999, Harris's teacher said: "Yours is a unique approach and your writing works in a gruesome way — good details and mood setting."[31][32]

That video was made about 5 months before the massacre! They knew these guys weren't stable. Even on of their teachers seen the video.

Acquiring the arms
                Because Harris and Klebold were both underage at the time, Robyn Anderson (with whom Klebold attended the prom three days before the shooting), an 18-year-old Columbine student and old friend of Klebold's, made a straw purchase of two shotguns and a Hi-Point carbine for the pair. In exchange for her cooperation with the investigation that followed the shootings, no charges were filed against Anderson. After illegally acquiring the weapons, Klebold sawed off his Savage 311-D 12-gauge double-barrel shotgun, shortening the overall length to approximately 23 inches (0.58 m), a felony under the National Firearms Act, while Harris's Savage-Springfield 12-gauge pump shotgun was sawed off to around 26 inches (0.66 m).[33]

My whole point is these people were already wacked out extremest and that was documented before they committed these massacres Each of them stole or got what ever they used illegally. There is already enough gun
                laws in place. More gun laws wouldn't have stopped these people.

So just to say "many were law abiding citizens" to defend ones position on this issue doesn't cut the mustard.

Military grade weapons? saying that is just a scare tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                  Many were "law abiding citizens" before they bought military grade weapons and decided to kill their co-workers, or people at a night club, or worst yet, school children.

The 2nd amendment is a fine piece of antiquated material. Written during a time that guns were single shot muzzle loaders and flintlock pistols.
                  Times change, technology has changed our lives, weapons designed primarily for military use are not needed in the hands of Joe Average. That's my opinion.
                  Nice to know you think our constitution is antiquated material
                  Last edited by Jimmy; 03-19-2020, 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Them last 2 post of mine are from "me" the member

Comment

Well now, the term "military grade" does tend to draw attention. I guess we could break it down as simple as rate of fire. The muzzle loaders of our forefathers to where we are today. Every step of the way our military sought a better way to send more fire accurately downrange at our enemies in the shortest amount of time possible. How would that muzzle loader stack up against today's technology?

Comment

I think in these times the 2nd amendment comes into play even more.. Although I have a few firearms in the house I have never really been a big gun fan.. Never a hunter although I believe it is each and everyone's right to own a firearm.. Biggest problem I see are the medical privacy laws.. How many of the shootings may have been prevented if a doctor was able to let law enforcement officials of someone that has guns that may be mentally challenged or suffering from depression.. Now in many states it is up to a judge who may get a complaint about someone and just like that they can take someones guns away..

Comment

Nice to know you think our constitution is antiquated material
                          Yes, this is from the member ... not the mod.
                          Maybe I didn't relate the term antiquated correctly.
                          Over the years, our constitution has seen many changes. The 2nd amendment has not changed in 229 years. The guns, weapons and armament has changed. So should the wording. Other changes have been made to our constitution so it conforms to the times. So should a modern 2nd amendment that conforms to the weapons available to the public today.
                          This is not 1791.

The framers of the U.S. Constitution included a provision whereby the document may be amended, generally (though not solely) by a two-thirds majority of each house of Congress followed by ratification by legislatures in three-fourths of the states.
                          Since 1789 the Constitution has been amended 27 times; of those amendments, the first 10 are collectively known as the Bill of Rights and were certified on December 15, 1791.
                          IMO, there is absolutely no need for what is available now to the general public.
                          And yes, I am a firearm owner.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/lis...tution-1787122

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                            Yes, this is from the member ... not the mod.
                            Maybe I didn't relate the term antiquated correctly.
                            Over the years, our constitution has seen many changes. The 2nd amendment has not changed in 229 years. The guns, weapons and armament has changed. So should the wording. Other changes have been made to our constitution so it conforms to the times. So should a modern 2nd amendment that conforms to the weapons available to the public today.
                            This is not 1791.

IMO, there is absolutely no need for what is available now to the general public.
                            And yes, I am a firearm owner.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/lis...tution-1787122
                            I’m gonna say this. I had to google antiquated to see what I meant lol [emoji2357]

Sent from the Jupiter 2 at Alpasentory!

Comment

Might as well put this in here. Checked the price of 5.56mm and 9mm from my ammo supplier. Not quite doubled yet. Free shipping. 7-14 day delivery. The local stores around here are really outdoing themselves by never letting a crisis get in the way of profit. It's double plus tax over my supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                                Might as well put this in here. Checked the price of 5.56mm and 9mm from my ammo supplier. Not quite doubled yet. Free shipping. 7-14 day delivery. The local stores around here are really outdoing themselves by never letting a crisis get in the way of profit. It's double plus tax over my supplier.

Just talked to my daughter in West Virginia. She told us the local gun shop is busy with ammo flying off the shelves at inflated prices.
                                Wonder who starts these propaganda stories ?
                                [emoji857]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X