And here's a great article illustrating the point exactly;

https://truthout.org/articles/new-yo...cal-equipment/

Comment

Re: It's time

Originally posted by wizard View Post
      And here's a great article illustrating the point exactly;

https://truthout.org/articles/new-yo...cal-equipment/
      Capitalism at it's finest.
      Just think. If we had a medical healthcare system that worked for everyone, not just the wealthy, this exact thing wouldn't be happening.
      If we had a single payer system, universal healthcare, medicare for all ... whatever you choose to call it. It wouldn't be happening this way.

Don't tell me about the cost. Money is no longer a viable argument after watching the first Trillion that went to big business. Now the government printing presses are running full steam to crank out several more Trillion. I'm sure we can all rest our minds in knowing Mr. Mnuchin will make sure it's handed out fairly to all his friends. Just not to Joe Average.

Comment

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/co...ts-from-china/

Conclusion

It’s impossible to say whether the items in the list above will become unavailable, just like it’s impossible to truly predict how far and fast the Wuhan coronavirus will spread. Like the virus, we just don’t know enough yet and the situation is rapidly evolving.
        If nothing else, your awareness of the possible economic and supply ramifications is a tool in your arsenal. Preparing for the economic fallout is just as important as preparing for the virus itself.

Comment

This is something on how to stop allowing China having power over our economy also.
          Investments. This guy looks at the Church.
          But everybody should be looking at all investments. Pensions. Retirement plans.....every group should be going thru and getting rid of investments which go to the communist party of China.
          When people rely on Chinese investments...they won't want to end the trade.
          https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...se-investments

Comment

And here is Bannon with a new podcast called War Room.
            And here he says he is gonna hunt down and expose the people who started our reliance on China.

This stuff is sounding really good to me. Robots is my only concern with America First if all this getting away from China stuff really takes off.
            https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/bannon

Henry Kissinger, who served as U.S. secretary of state under former presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and national security advisor under Nixon, says one of the keys to navigating the current global crisis is to "safeguard the principles of the liberal world order."

Steve Bannon
            These words, from a man considered by many to be one of the original "globalists," triggered a strong reaction from Steve Bannon, former Trump White House chief strategist.

Bannon, who describes himself as an economic populist, fired back at Kissinger during his weekday video podcast War Room: Pandemic.

"Henry Kissinger," he began, "I do not want to hear from you about the liberal world order. You are guilty, sir."

Bannon continued:

You think you have blood on your hands for the bombings back in the Vietnam War? You have blood on your hands for this [the global health crisis emanating from China]! You have been the mouthpiece and the prop for these people from the beginning. You propped up the Chinese Communist Party and not just that, you took the blood money from them. You've been paid for decades by the Chinese Communist Party.

It's all going to come out. All the Wall Street guys in business with them, all the corporate guys in business with them, all the think tank guys in business with them. It's all going to come out. It's all going to come out. And the world is going to stand in judgment of you because you're just as bad as the devils, in fact, you are worse. You didn't believe in the ideology. Here's what you believed in ... the money.

Bannon ended his two-minute, 13-second rebuke with this promise: "And trust me, to my last breath, we're going to hunt you down and expose it all, and we're starting with Kissinger."

Comment

Here is another problem we have when allowing a communist country into pur system. Another big problem.
              Geely Holdings is a Chinese company. Geely Holdings is 2nd big shareholder in AB Volvo. AB Volvo owns Mack Trucks Inc.

Not so great an idea if you ask me.
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/27/b...lvo-geely.html

https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/inv...formation.html

https://www.trucknews.com/features/v...ck-businesses/

Why would we want the communist party of China owning Mack Trucks Inc. Or anything else?
              It looks to me that our National Security people should have stopped this kind of stuff....but going back to Bannon above....we can see people like Kissinger started making money off of the CCP.....and it has snowballed since.
              Most probably a snowball as big as the world now.....our own Secretary of State...Kissinger....should be considered treason imo.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                Here is another problem we have when allowing a communist country into pur system. Another big problem.
                Geely Holdings is a Chinese company. Geely Holdings is 2nd big shareholder in AB Volvo. AB Volvo owns Mack Trucks Inc.

Not so great an idea if you ask me.
                https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/27/b...lvo-geely.html

https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/inv...formation.html

https://www.trucknews.com/features/v...ck-businesses/

Why would we want the communist party of China owning Mack Trucks Inc. Or anything else?
                It looks to me that our National Security people should have stopped this kind of stuff....but going back to Bannon above....we can see people like Kissinger started making money off of the CCP.....and it has snowballed since.
                Most probably a snowball as big as the world now.....our own Secretary of State...Kissinger....should be considered treason imo.
                Correct me if I'm wrong.
                We have a free enterprise capitalistic system in our country.
                Which means basically, if you have the something to sell, and the buyer has cash, you make the deal.

Selling Mack, Volvo or real estate in New York City ? It sells to whoever can buy it, or to the highest bidder.

So our "system" has allowed a communist county to purchase companies, products or land. Isn't that what capitalism actually stands for ?
                The right to buy and sell anything in the free market ?

Seems you can't have it both ways if you want to stand on the word "free".

Don't take this to mean anything other then what I stated.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong.
                  We have a free enterprise capitalistic system in our country.
                  Which means basically, if you have the something to sell, and the buyer has cash, you make the deal.

Selling Mack, Volvo or real estate in New York City ? It sells to whoever can buy it, or to the highest bidder.

So our "system" has allowed a communist county to purchase companies, products or land. Isn't that what capitalism actually stands for ?
                  The right to buy and sell anything in the free market ?

Seems you can't have it both ways if you want to stand on the word "free".

Don't take this to mean anything other then what I stated.
                  Yes. I get it.
                  But there must be reasonable limits.
                  I'm not a libertarian or a constitution thumper.
                  Not a free market capitalist fundamentalist.
                  Just like people want to act like we have a free market system in hospitals ....yet......we buy their ventilators and masks and gloves and get blamed for shortage and response.
                  A free market system would have placed the blame on hospital administers for not being prepared and would bill the hospitals for the stuff given with interest.

Knowing that our politicians are bought by donors.
                  Our national security agencies should play a role in watching what money politicians are Recieving.
                  They make a big show about Russia over Ukrainian crimes committed by our government....but they don't care that China owns a truck maker who receives contracts to supply our military?

Not only does China own shares in the truck maker(or any other business)....but those businesses then donate money to politicians who legislate our laws.
                  And not only does it work that way.......say we have a foreign car dealer...he makes money off of selling that car..so he pays politicians for favors to sell or receive that foreign product. Making our people work harder for less....and in cases where no union exists to watch...the foreign influence is stronger than the nonunion worker because the donors have money and they do not.

Comment

And here is Bannon with a new podcast called War Room.
                    And here he says he is gonna hunt down and expose the people who started our reliance on China.

This stuff is sounding really good to me. Robots is my only concern with America First if all this getting away from China stuff really takes off.
                    https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/bannon
                    Slave, this is an interesting link. I usually avoid reading articles from Bannon or religious groups. But this one involving Kissinger caught my attention. Kissinger and Nixon opened the door to the US being flooded with the cheap Chinese goods that destroyed our manufacturing jobs. I don't always agree with Buchanan but I do respect his opinions.

Pat Buchanan — a political commentator and former assistant and special consultant to presidents Nixon, Ford and Ronald Reagan — said if the pandemic has taught the world anything, it is not that countries need greater global cooperation and integration, but rather that they should heed American statesman Alexander Hamilton: "Every nation ought to endeavor to possess within itself all the essentials of national supply."

Comment

I have typed what I wanted to respond 3 long times meaning to keep it short and to the point.
                      But it is done in many of my posts.
                      It has to do with this Holy Week and what began then has never stopped since.
                      And by not picking a side. We have already picked a side.
                      It's not working out very well.
                      2 religions are involved heavily in our politics. Religion and beliefs drive politics. And everything is politics.

Comment

I have typed what I wanted to respond 3 long times meaning to keep it short and to the point.
                        2 religions are involved heavily in our politics. Religion and beliefs drive politics. And everything is politics.
                        Exactly Slave,''Everything is Politics and Profit'',and don't you ever forget it...Men like Donald Trump did not create their own reality...Our shared 'political' and 'economic' reality created Donald Trump...And guess what?...There are thousands more who are quietly just as greed driven and power hungry as Trump is and they've been in power for decades...Trump,to his CREDIT,has just pulled back the curtain for all of us to see...Nixon said,''I am not a crook''...Trump says,''I am a crook,SO WHAT''...How the hell do you think the world just goes to hell day by day?...Who do you think is on the other side of ALL our hopes and dreams smashing them and us into jelly non-stop?

Class Slave,Class...The issue before us today is class...It's not just Trump,it's class mechanics and until ''We,as Working Class Americans'',begin to work together as members of the same class attacking OUR SHARED ENEMIES,(Corporate America-Corporate Politicians-Corporate Media)we are just totally screwed,totally and forever...They have FOREVER used Good-Cop-Bad Cop,Red-Team-Blue Team to Divide and Conquer us,and with the Coronavirus,it's going to get worse,much worse...'UNLESS'!!!!!

Comment

And I forgot to add these.....

Opinion -  Capitalism-2020 must be destroyed

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...es-independent

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...tive-documents

Comment

All made in China
                              • Tires, tire retreading products, all rubber products including but not limited to stoppers, caps, lids, hoses, belts, tubes, pipes, etc. This will affect everything that rolls or is contained.
                              • Antifreeze and de-icing fluids
                              • Iron and iron alloys and steel products
                              • Aluminum and alloys
                              • Nuclear reactors and parts
                              • Central heating units and parts, furnace burners and all parts, furnaces, ovens, and water heaters,
                              • Turbines of all kinds, combustion piston engines, ignitions, compressors
                              • Hydraulic engines, pneumatic engines, turbo engines
                              • Pumps of all kinds
                              • Machinery for food production commercial and home use
                              • Papermaking and bookmaking, anything printed
                              • Cartons, boxes, containers for mailing and shipping
                              • Textile machines, any and everything to do with needlework of any kind in textiles
                              • Metalworks: Anything to do with machinery involved in this industry, drilling, milling, grinding, smoothing, shaping, punching, polishing, etc.
                              • Woodworking machinery of any all kinds
                              • Cast iron parts and products
                              • Chainsaws and parts
                              • Cash registers
                              • Anything to do with computers, electronics, magnetic storage, whole or in parts
                              • Medical devices
                              • Microwaves
                              • TVs
                              • Car computer components,
                              • Concrete mixers
                              • Earthmoving, crushing, grinding, and sorting machinery of all kinds
                              • Glass optic machinery
                              • Assembly machinery of all kinds
                              • Vacuum molding machinery
                              • Thermoforming machinery
                              • Rope and cable manufacturing machinery, both metal and fiber
                              • Floor polishers,
                              • Trash compactors
                              • Pulleys
                              • Ball bearings
                              • Welders
                              • Electric motors
                              • Generators of all applications from large to small
                              • Electromagnetics
                              • Lab equipment for all applications
                              • Broadcast equipment
                              • Safety control equipment (flight record data box for example)
                              • Railway and shipping equipment of any and all types
                              • Tractors
                              • Motor vehicles of all kinds. If it rolls it’s on the list.
                              • If it flies it’s on the list as well as the parts to repair or assemble
                              • If it floats it’s on the list.
                              • Satellites of all kinds and all parts

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
                                All made in China
                                • Tires, tire retreading products, all rubber products including but not limited to stoppers, caps, lids, hoses, belts, tubes, pipes, etc. This will affect everything that rolls or is contained.
                                • Antifreeze and de-icing fluids
                                • Iron and iron alloys and steel products
                                • Aluminum and alloys
                                • Nuclear reactors and parts
                                • Central heating units and parts, furnace burners and all parts, furnaces, ovens, and water heaters,
                                • Turbines of all kinds, combustion piston engines, ignitions, compressors
                                • Hydraulic engines, pneumatic engines, turbo engines
                                • Pumps of all kinds
                                • Machinery for food production commercial and home use
                                • Papermaking and bookmaking, anything printed
                                • Cartons, boxes, containers for mailing and shipping
                                • Textile machines, any and everything to do with needlework of any kind in textiles
                                • Metalworks: Anything to do with machinery involved in this industry, drilling, milling, grinding, smoothing, shaping, punching, polishing, etc.
                                • Woodworking machinery of any all kinds
                                • Cast iron parts and products
                                • Chainsaws and parts
                                • Cash registers
                                • Anything to do with computers, electronics, magnetic storage, whole or in parts
                                • Medical devices
                                • Microwaves
                                • TVs
                                • Car computer components,
                                • Concrete mixers
                                • Earthmoving, crushing, grinding, and sorting machinery of all kinds
                                • Glass optic machinery
                                • Assembly machinery of all kinds
                                • Vacuum molding machinery
                                • Thermoforming machinery
                                • Rope and cable manufacturing machinery, both metal and fiber
                                • Floor polishers,
                                • Trash compactors
                                • Pulleys
                                • Ball bearings
                                • Welders
                                • Electric motors
                                • Generators of all applications from large to small
                                • Electromagnetics
                                • Lab equipment for all applications
                                • Broadcast equipment
                                • Safety control equipment (flight record data box for example)
                                • Railway and shipping equipment of any and all types
                                • Tractors
                                • Motor vehicles of all kinds. If it rolls it’s on the list.
                                • If it flies it’s on the list as well as the parts to repair or assemble
                                • If it floats it’s on the list.
                                • Satellites of all kinds and all parts
                                I'm glad you posted that Strappy,Thank You...CHEAP LABOR and PROFITS,or if you rather,PROFITS and CHEAP LABOR...''Free Market Capitalism''at it's finest!!!!!

And let's not leave BIG PHARMA out of this equation Strappy....

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...us-china-drugs

Comment

Working...
                                X