• Show
Clear All

Re: cash payments to illegal immigrants

Newsom: California unemployment center
    hours extended, $125M fund created
    for undocumented immigrants

KTVU Fox 2, by Lisa Fernandez Original Article
    Posted by poster — 4/15/2020 830 PM Post Reply
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Wednesday said he has extended the unemployment call center hours to help the record 2.7 million Californians who have filed claims and created a fund to help undocumented immigrants, who comprise 10% of the state's workforce. The Employment Development Department's call center will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, rather than closing at noon Monday through Friday. Newsom extended the hours through an executive order. Undocumented immigrants will be eligible to tap into a $125 million relief fund as they navigate through the economic upheaval unleashed by coronavirus outbreak, Newsom announced. The $2 trillion federal stimulus package did not include aid to undocumented workers.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 04-16-2020, 05:04 AM. Reason: Added missing text from article

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
      Christian thing to do? They are here illegally. They have given them jobs driving down your wages. They are renting homes driving up demand and rents. They are in your schools putting pressure on schools while your children take a back seat while we accommodate 100 different languages.
      Then to add insult the government takes money from you and gives to them.
      Stuff like this I concider the dem party and the left the enemy of the people.
      The only thing that insults me is the blatent lies and ignorance of a faction of our nation. When we produce, there is compensation for the efforts. That goes for everyone. Not just those that feel they are more entitled due to status and wish to deny others of the same.

DO NOT think for one second that lumping all imigrant's status into one category will go unnoticed.

The good Governor of California has more on the ball than the political hacks that stir up the ire in this country.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        I honestly have laughed myself silly at times reading the ignorance displayed on these boards that no amount of education can remedy. I can proudly state that I spent my high school years in California. A state that was so far ahead of the curve on environmental issues, social issues, humanitarian issues, way back then. The list is endless. My state of residence is finally catching up to what California had in place 40 years ago. If we all just look at the contributions of those many scorn. That alone should account for something. I left the humanitarian aspects out of the equation as it seems to only appeal to those that actually have a soul.
        On the ball is right...We here on the East Coast keep asking ourselves how the hell did California do such a great job controlling the coronavirus early on and with great results...Closer to Asia,large minority population,big cities...Newsom did a great job!!!!!

Comment

The only thing that insults me is the blatent lies and ignorance of a faction of our nation. When we produce, there is compensation for the efforts. That goes for everyone. Not just those that feel they are more entitled due to status and wish to deny others of the same.

DO NOT think for one second that lumping all imigrant's status into one category will go unnoticed.

The good Governor of California has more on the ball than the political hacks that stir up the ire in this country.

Why should we stop at the border. All of south American suffers. We should send money to all that suffers form a lack of economic activity. Our borders are open to all that need. Please come to America get free money and Healthcare for all. The Christian thing to do.

Comment

Christian thing to do? They are here illegally. They have given them jobs driving down your wages. They are renting homes driving up demand and rents. They are in your schools putting pressure on schools while your children take a back seat while we accommodate 100 different languages.
            Then to add insult the government takes money from you and gives to them.
            Stuff like this I concider the dem party and the left the enemy of the people.
            Well I am glad you know the shoe fits Strappy

Comment

There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant.. Is there another country that you know of that gives illegal immigrants what is stated in this thread?? This is not about legal immigrants.

Comment

Why should we stop at the border. All of south American suffers. We should send money to all that suffers form a lack of economic activity. Our borders are open to all that need. Please come to America get free money and Healthcare for all. The Christian thing to do.
                Even the Vatican has borders and also with a big beautiful fence.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                  There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant.. Is there another country that you know of that gives illegal immigrants what is stated in this thread?? This is not about legal immigrants.
                  Yes, there is a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant. There are also many reasons for how and why that status can change.

There are thousands that came to America for a better life. There are untold stories of manipulation and abuse. Abuse not in the form many think. Abuse by unscrupulous employers.

When we produce, there is compensation for the efforts. That goes for everyone. Not just those that feel they are more entitled due to status and wish to deny others of the same.

Comment

Yes, there is a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant. There are also many reasons for how and why that status can change.

There are thousands that came to America for a better life. There are untold stories of manipulation and abuse. Abuse not in the form many think. Abuse by unscrupulous employers.

When we produce, there is compensation for the efforts. That goes for everyone. Not just those that feel they are more entitled due to status and wish to deny others of the same.

Not gonna disagree with you but if you start giving those that broke our laws to come here illegally checks, just how long do you think it will be before those stories get twisted around the world. Yeah just come to the USA and they will given you money..

Comment

We have all hashed this topic out over the years on this site repeatedly. I will admit my opinions have changed over the years. I used to think about the fact that they are here illegally. Now I just think about the fact that they are human beings just like me and they want a better life and are willing to risk everything just to get into this country. They contribute hugely to the economy in CA. And don't argue that point with any of us who have lived in CA or are still living in CA. We know what we are talking about.

Comment

Not gonna disagree with you but if you start giving those that broke our laws to come here illegally checks, just how long do you think it will be before those stories get twisted around the world. Yeah just come to the USA and they will given you money..
                        Here's a novel concept. Rather than continue to confuse others by furthering the disinformation, set the record straight.

Comment

Here's a novel concept. Rather than continue to confuse others by furthering the disinformation, set the record straight.

I think I explained it.. Need help understanding?? immigrants here legally that would be those with GREEN cards yes they should get help.. Those that jumped the line to come here illegally ? No they should not..

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                            We have all hashed this topic out over the years on this site repeatedly. I will admit my opinions have changed over the years. I used to think about the fact that they are here illegally. Now I just think about the fact that they are human beings just like me and they want a better life and are willing to risk everything just to get into this country. They contribute hugely to the economy in CA. And don't argue that point with any of us who have lived in CA or are still living in CA. We know what we are talking about.
                            Thanks ABFwife.
                            Just saying all those people are human beings first is enough for me.
                            We now can see that money wasn't the real issue.
                            It's about how people see other human beings and why some feel the need to dehumanize them, because of race, economic status or religion.
                            So many have no empathy for others.

Comment

I think I explained it.. Need help understanding?? immigrants here legally that would be those with GREEN cards yes they should get help.. Those that jumped the line to come here illegally ? No they should not..
                              Let me help clear up a few things so the disinformation campaign doesn't gain traction.

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                              Thanks ABFwife.
                              Just saying all those people are human beings first is enough for me.
                              We now can see that money wasn't the real issue.
                              It's about how people see other human beings and why some feel the need to dehumanize them, because of race, economic status or religion.
                              So many have no empathy for others.
                              There's nothing more to add after that.
                              Last edited by 222lifer; 04-16-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Let me help clear up a few things so the disinformation campaign doesn't gain traction.

There's nothing more to add after that.
                                Nothing is done to the companies that employ illegals.. That is where the problem lies.. Keep enticing them and they will continue to come.. throw free money out there and they will continue to come.. At some point you have to say no.. When Obama had issues with the border and said the same things Trump was saying all on the left were totally quiet.. Including here on this forum..

Disinformation?? Something the left is very very good at ..

Comment

Working...
                                X