Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Gripe with the Amazon Van Delivery Drivers !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Gripe with the Amazon Van Delivery Drivers !

I don’t know if some of you here experience those Amazon delivery drivers, but they are the most horrible drivers ever !
    There’s a Warehouse next door to us and those drivers are always cutting us off the road, they’ll be on the right lane and all of a sudden they decide to make a U-turn right in front of your big Rig almost causing you to wreck into them.
    Or they’ll be in front of you and all of sudden they brake hard in a fast street almost causing an accident !
    But in most cases they’re always in a hurry or confused in directions, up to now I don’t know if they been involved in a more serious incident or fatalities!
    anyways be careful with these drivers.

Does anyone here have any stories to share about them!

Re: A Gripe with the Amazon Van Delivery Drivers !

The only unsafe acts I have witnessed is stopping in the turn lanes with 4 ways on running across traffic to deliver a package.

Comment

I'm not real impressed of the way they drive in my neighborhood. Absolutely NO reason for speeding in a residential area. For sure I never see Brown doing stupid stuff like that. Now I know who is the training company for FedEx.

Comment

Doesn't sound any different than the way any of the parcel delivery companies drive,..Including brown,.....

Comment

I'll add my 2 cents here.
          I see those "Prime" vans, or just unmarked vans making package delivery's all the time. We get a constant flow of vehicles that come down the dead end and proceed to back up, or turn around on my street, sometimes into driveways and folks lawns.
          Fedex delivery's are hit or miss. Sometimes they can't find my address, and we get the mix of ground and regular purple Fedex. Some better then others.
          The UPS guys are the most professional. They back down to our street, instead of nose down that requires turning on someone's property. Plus they always sound the horn while backing up. Not to mention, but UPS has placed my delivery in a plastic bag if it's raining.
          The last Amazon delivery I got, a case of motor oil, was placed on my step upside down ... even the box had arrows pointing up and clearly stated "this side up" ... but the van driver just tossed the box on my step.

Plenty of differences I see.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
            I'll add my 2 cents here.
            I see those "Prime" vans, or just unmarked vans making package delivery's all the time. We get a constant flow of vehicles that come down the dead end and proceed to back up, or turn around on my street, sometimes into driveways and folks lawns.
            Fedex delivery's are hit or miss. Sometimes they can't find my address, and we get the mix of ground and regular purple Fedex. Some better then others.
            The UPS guys are the most professional. They back down to our street, instead of nose down that requires turning on someone's property. Plus they always sound the horn while backing up. Not to mention, but UPS has placed my delivery in a plastic bag if it's raining.
            The last Amazon delivery I got, a case of motor oil, was placed on my step upside down ... even the box had arrows pointing up and clearly stated "this side up" ... but the van driver just tossed the box on my step.

Plenty of differences I see.
            Certainly you saw enough freight loaded with the arrows pointing every which way but up. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Walleye View Post
              Doesn't sound any different than the way any of the parcel delivery companies drive,..Including brown,.....
              Are you sure your vision isn't clouded by Our Glorious Leader and his "tax cuts?" Or is it the shameless worship of Rick Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
                Are you sure your vision isn't clouded by Our Glorious Leader and his "tax cuts?" Or is it the shameless worship of Rick Scott?
                Nope,..

All the package delivery outfits have guys that drive like aslholes, And treat the packages badly,..

Even the ones forced to pay extortion fees to the boogyman at the ibt,....

Comment

Nope,..

All the package delivery outfits have guys that drive like aslholes, And treat the packages badly,..

Only difference is, those that pay an "extortion fee" to the IBT get great healthcare and a retirement plan.

Comment

Nope,..

Oh, I understand now. You are a scab that works a Union job because you want the pay and benefits without the small investment of the dues and you like to run around and tell everyone "I don't need n stinkin' union." We had some like you at Oak Harbor too. Only difference I could tell them to their face how I felt about them.

On the RTW band wagon that Scott is beating the drum for?

Comment

Oh, I understand now. You are a scab that works a Union job because you want the pay and benefits without the small investment of the dues and you like to run around and tell everyone "I don't need n stinkin' union." We had some like you at Oak Harbor too. Only difference I could tell them to their face how I felt about them.

On the RTW band wagon that Scott is beating the drum for?
                      Well said brother man
                      I been telling Walleye why are you here ?
                      Always complaining about our Union, his comments are always such Anti-Union Ranting!
                      I’ve even suggested for him to work at FedEx...Freddy boy will Love Him

Comment

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...elivery-deaths

Amazon’s Next-Day Delivery System Has Brought Chaos And Carnage To America’s Streets — But The World’s Biggest Retailer Has A System To Escape The Blame

I couldn't really find just a few paragraphs that would do justice to this article. To say it is an eyeopener is an understatement, even if only half of it is true it shows how big business drives the small guy.

But I can hear the echos of of the employees, "I don't need no union because..."

Comment

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...elivery-deaths

Amazon’s Next-Day Delivery System Has Brought Chaos And Carnage To America’s Streets — But The World’s Biggest Retailer Has A System To Escape The Blame

I couldn't really find just a few paragraphs that would do justice to this article. To say it is an eyeopener is an understatement, even if only half of it is true it shows how big business drives the small guy.

But I can hear the echos of of the employees, "I don't need no union because..."
                          I did little business with Amazon. I'll do as little as possible now. Great article!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                            I did little business with Amazon. I'll do as little as possible now. Great article!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
                            I go to them only when I absolutely need to. And personally I don't need a package the next day.

Comment

Looks like some Amazon delivery drivers will be out of work soon.

Amazon Is Firing Its Delivery Firms Following People's Deaths
                              More than 2,000 workers in eight states will lose their jobs after Amazon terminated its relationship with the firms following BuzzFeed News and ProPublica reports.
                              Amazon has abruptly canceled its contracts with three major delivery firms, a move that will put more than 2,000 people out of work and may signal a shift in how the online retail giant plans to deliver millions of packages to homes across the country every day.
                              Inpax Shipping Solutions, based in Atlanta, has told employment regulators in six states that it would lay off at least 925 employees beginning Oct. 2 and would cease all delivery services for Amazon by early December, according to government records.
                              Another contractor, Sheard-Loman Transport, said in a court filing late last month that its Amazon contract would not be renewed, a move that it called “completely unexpected and a cause for serious concern,” and that is said would lead to the firing of roughly 200 employees in three states. The firm, headquartered in Chicago, said it would cease delivering Amazon packages on Sept. 30.
                              And a third company, San Diego-based Letter Ride LLC, told labor authorities in California and Texas that in early December it would begin laying off 897 drivers, dispatchers and other employees.
                              https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...irms-linked-to

Comment

Working...
                              X