Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
    The Metallica concert at the drive-in movie theatre was excellent. They rock. Fade To Black came out when I was 17. And it sounded great tonight. Great band and they were on. It was nice not being crowded elbow to elbow. Relaxing and smoking in our own car. I don't think I'd like the crowd at this point in my life. And the sound was great without the crowd noise. The National Anthem played before the show and most around us got out and stood for it.
    Awesome show.
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meta...cert-set-list/

Metallica's August 29, 2020 Drive-In Concert Set List
    1. "Hardwired" - from Hardwired... to Self-Destruct (2016)
    2. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - from Ride the Lightning (1984)
    3. "Fuel" - from Reload (1997)
    4. "Seek & Destroy" - from Kill 'Em All (1983)
    5. "Creeping Death" - from Ride the Lightning (1984)
    6. "One" - from ...And Justice for All (1988)
    7. "Now That We're Dead" - from Hardwired... to Self-Destruct (2016)
    8. "Sad But True" - from Metallica (1991)
    9. "Moth into Flame" - from Hardwired... to Self-Destruct (2016)
    10. "The Unforgiven" - from Metallica (1991)
    11. "Wherever I May Roam" - from Metallica (1991)
    12. "Fade to Black" - from Ride the Lightning (1984)
    13. "Master of Puppets" - from Master of Puppets (1986)
    14. "Battery" - from Master of Puppets (1986)
    15. "Nothing Else Matters" - from Metallica (1991)
    16. "Enter Sandman" - from Metallica (1991)

Read More: Metallica Rescues a Summer Night With Drive-In Concert: Set List | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meta...edium=referral
    Last edited by slavenomore; 08-30-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Returning home from a day of fishing.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Going out to the horse ranch to see my daughter's horse.

Comment

Returned home from road trip Monday. Getting ready for Labor day festival.

Sidebar; Last year out of the hundreds of people at the festival , I think I was the only
          one wearing a union T-shirt. Two fellas stopped me and said they were union. One was
          UAW , the other a retired Teamster.
          Wearing a Teamster shirt again this year.

Comment

Opening my eyes, dealing with a super sore foot and deciding what I will do with my day.

Comment

Waking up to an email from UPS saying they attempted delivery at 3:08 this morning but will have to reschedule because of holiday. My package has been sitting in ABQ since yesterday. My daughter's package that was supposed to be delivered this past Tuesday is still not here either. Not sure what is going on with them. UPS used to be so reliable and it was always a three day delivery. Now they show up in Hertz trucks, Budget trucks, and the other night we got a package delivery from UPS in a plain white van. This was something I needed asap actually. Bought another 4runner a few weeks ago with no car mats. I live in dirt and that carpet is getting dirty fast. Buy some at Autozone you say? Well there seems to be issues with buying anything in a store the last six months. The supply chain is horrid right now.

Comment

Just back from visiting the grandkids in Delaware.
                Coming home on I-295, I was rolling though a construction zone, that was active. As I crested a slight hill the traffic in from of me, just past the end of the work zone, started stopping fast. The three lane interstate was bottled down to 2 lanes so I had nowhere to go except come to a complete stop behind a fuel tanker. No 4 way flashers, nothing but he was rolling at 2 MPH.
                This clown of an idiot driver was in the right lane. He wanted to get over on the left shoulder to back up into the work zone to fuel the equipment. I watched in my rear view as he turned to the left for the shoulder. Still no flashers ... nothing.
                That could have resulted in a catastrophic accident considering it was a fuel laden tanker.
                These are the idiots on the highway today.
                Glad I am retired.

Comment

Enjoying a hot cup of Joe after sleeping in.

Comment

Watching the electric company worker in a boom truck cutting tree limbs away from
                    the power lines.

Comment

Getting the wood stove going, very, very early in the season.

Comment

A day late reporting on our State Fair. No livestock shown or auctioned. No tractor exhibits. No live music. The FFA and 4H had their building open with all the project entries judged and on display. Quite a few vendors selling their goods. The midway rides were in operation along with the games. I would say 95% of the folks in attendance were observing our States mask requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                          A day late reporting on our State Fair. No livestock shown or auctioned. No tractor exhibits. No live music. The FFA and 4H had their building open with all the project entries judged and on display. Quite a few vendors selling their goods. The midway rides were in operation along with the games. I would say 95% of the folks in attendance were observing our States mask requirements.

No state fair in our state this year. We have been on quite a lock down.

Just finished watching the weather report to get updates on the smoke issue from the western wild fires. Not good.

Comment

trimming low tree branches , tired of ducking or getting my hat knocked off when mowing.

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
                              trimming low tree branches , tired of ducking or getting my hat knocked off when mowing.
                              Same problem here but I have done all the trimming I can do with a hand saw without going to the chain saw which I do not do.

Comment

Went to a cook-out yesterday. Must have been 50 people there , no stupid masks , no social distancing.
                                Kids playing in the yard. BBQ , beans, tater salad and beer.

It was great. Americans enjoying freedom. Life like it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X