What did Ya just finish doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

It's been a trying week as we had to have the house inspection done, actually the buyer's had it done, but as of today everything passed .. They inspected it Monday and of course being the King of "murphy's law" the septic pump crashed on us..{ it was working last Saturday} had to get that replaced but it was only a matter of time as it was 35 years old.. But the inspector was back today and all was good.. So now we can start to do some serious looking for houses in the Carolina's.. It is finally starting to set in that we actually will be out of here mid September.. But we have the fifth wheel and can live in that for a while..

Comment

[QUOTE=crazy;428881]It's been a trying week as we had to have the house inspection done, actually the buyer's had it done, but as of today everything passed .. They inspected it Monday and of course being the King of "murphy's law" the septic pump crashed on us..{ it was working last Saturday} had to get that replaced but it was only a matter of time as it was 35 years old.. But the inspector was back today and all was good.. So now we can start to do some serious looking for houses in the Carolina's.. It is finally starting to set in that we actually will be out of here mid September.. But we have the fifth wheel and can live in that for a while.

You're going to blink twice and it's going to be mid September, I cannot believe how fast a week seems to go by for me now.
      Last edited by unionman; 08-06-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=unionman;428902]
        Originally posted by crazy View Post
        It's been a trying week as we had to have the house inspection done, actually the buyer's had it done, but as of today everything passed .. They inspected it Monday and of course being the King of "murphy's law" the septic pump crashed on us..{ it was working last Saturday} had to get that replaced but it was only a matter of time as it was 35 years old.. But the inspector was back today and all was good.. So now we can start to do some serious looking for houses in the Carolina's.. It is finally starting to set in that we actually will be out of here mid September.. But we have the fifth wheel and can live in that for a while.

You're going to blink twice and it's going to be mid September, I cannot believe how fast a week seems to go by for me now.
        That comes with age.. Days weeks and months all fly by and next thing you know it is Christmas again..

Comment

It's been a trying week as we had to have the house inspection done, actually the buyer's had it done, but as of today everything passed .. They inspected it Monday and of course being the King of "murphy's law" the septic pump crashed on us..{ it was working last Saturday} had to get that replaced but it was only a matter of time as it was 35 years old.. But the inspector was back today and all was good.. So now we can start to do some serious looking for houses in the Carolina's.. It is finally starting to set in that we actually will be out of here mid September.. But we have the fifth wheel and can live in that for a while..
          Jimmy has room in his driveway.

Comment

with everything else going on in our very bust schedule we have a planned RV trip tomorrow.. Actually my wife helps her girlfriend at the dutchess county fair.. {second largest fair in NY State} and she will be their for the week.. We are bringing the RV up there and of course this being our first trip with the RV in about a year and a half do to the so called pandemic and what do we get?? The remnants of a hurricane where we are suppose to get between 5 to 10 inches of heavy rain over a 36 hour period.. yesterday we started preparing the RV and found relatives of Mickie and Minnie have moved in.. Murphy's law just never seems to end..

Comment

Starting a new shift tomorrow. 4am dock only bid and won't have to run city. Just finished packing my lunch. won't be long for bed time

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                Starting a new shift tomorrow. 4am dock only bid and won't have to run city. Just finished packing my lunch. won't be long for bed time
                Good luck adapting... I was on the 0300 shift for years... that shift takes awile getting used to. It felt great getting off at 1100 but it sucked getting up at 0100.

Comment

with everything else going on in our very bust schedule we have a planned RV trip tomorrow.. Actually my wife helps her girlfriend at the dutchess county fair.. {second largest fair in NY State} and she will be their for the week.. We are bringing the RV up there and of course this being our first trip with the RV in about a year and a half do to the so called pandemic and what do we get?? The remnants of a hurricane where we are suppose to get between 5 to 10 inches of heavy rain over a 36 hour period.. yesterday we started preparing the RV and found relatives of Mickie and Minnie have moved in.. Murphy's law just never seems to end..
                  10/4 on Murphy's law . The info light on my cars instrument panel came on Friday afternoon about 15 minutes from my house and it was a low air pressure tire warning . Stopped at Lowes as they have a free air hose out front, got out and saw a spike nail sticking in the side wall of the drivers side rear tire. So I get back in my car and drive to the tire shop that I trade with and they have me pull the car in and they take the wheel off the car and say it can't be patched because it's below the tread on the side wall. The tires came with the car when I bought it new in 2019, so I wind up buying new tires and the tires I had I could have easily driven another year , which kinda sucked but it was much better than leaving for work the next morning at 2 am and finding out I have a flat. Anyway I get home open the garage door and drive in and go around the back of the house and pick the tomatoes my wife is growing , maybe 3 to 5 minutes come back around to the garage as that is the way I go in the house and I see something move on the floor and it's a freaking cotton mouth about 3 feet long, and it's heading towards the door that goes into the house from the garage. Luckily I had a spade shovel close and was able to kill it , but wow, It really must have been close to the front of the house when I pulled in the garage. Anyway that was an eventful trip home from work that I would not like to repeat any time soon.

Comment

Good luck with the new shift.My last 6 yrs were 4 or 5 am shifts,I loved it,usually by Friday I only had 8-9 hrs available before I was out of hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
                      Good luck adapting... I was on the 0300 shift for years... that shift takes awile getting used to. It felt great getting off at 1100 but it sucked getting up at 0100.
                      When I was at Waldbaums I started at 5 in the morning with the exception of Friday where we would start most weeks at 1 in the morning.. back then I had an hour and a half commute into the Bronx.. so I have to agree on it sucks getting up that early in the morning..

Comment

Nice, the not driving part. I start at 3:30 am, I like working those hours. It's nice working mostly daylight hours after working nights exclusively at Holland for 29 years. Also going to work and coming home you miss both rush hours. Working in Atlanta that is that is a real perk not sitting in traffic. Enjoy!

Comment

Murphy's law continues.. When we were suppose to leave with the RV on Monday the water is the house decided to stop working .. worked on it for a few hours but with no luck.. So off we went to the campground that we had reservations for and just before we left my wife got an email from the RV park stating they had to change our location due to hurricane Henri.. The site they changed us to was so small I wouldn't have been able to fit my pick up in it forget about the 35 ft fifth wheel..Now of course we got there after they all had left and the place has no emergency numbers.. So we drove around and found another site that was open..Tues morning I was able to speak to someone at the office and tried to straighten it out..Well I am home and there is no way I can get back up there to move it before Sunday.. That is the day I was suppose to go back anyway.. Back to the water problem, I waited yesterday for my son to get home from work and we went out and pulled the well pump up.. Not a very deep well {250'} but hard enough on my back.. yesterday went great as we found a frayed wire near the pump.. Rewired it and back down the well it went.. Picked everything up and was kinda happy I didn't have to spend $500 a well pump.. This morning we had no water again and just like that we had to put a new pump in.. all toll it took us about 5 hours.. I did have two estimates, one at $2800 and the other $3300.. Total cost for us is about $600 and it might be less if I can get the iron pipe that we used for a "T" puller for the pump cleaned up enough it will go back to the Home Depot..Anyway we have water.. I could go days without electric but lose the water?? That is just cruel ..

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
                            Nice, the not driving part. I start at 3:30 am, I like working those hours. It's nice working mostly daylight hours after working nights exclusively at Holland for 29 years. Also going to work and coming home you miss both rush hours. Working in Atlanta that is that is a real perk not sitting in traffic. Enjoy!
                            about to get my first week under the bridge with the new start time. My barn (Yrc) was merged with Holland so I work for Holland now. Started at Roadway then YRC and now Holland with 33 years

Comment

about to get my first week under the bridge with the new start time. My barn (Yrc) was merged with Holland so I work for Holland now. Started at Roadway then YRC and now Holland with 33 years
                              That's a long time. Are there people at that barn with more time than you? Are y'all in the Big Roadway terminal in Kernersville ? I used to know a road driver that worked outta that barn for Big R back in the 80's that went by Fireball, do you know him? Quite a character.

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
                                That's a long time. Are there people at that barn with more time than you? Are y'all in the Big Roadway terminal in Kernersville ? I used to know a road driver that worked outta that barn for Big R back in the 80's that went by Fireball, do you know him? Quite a character.
                                I am number 5 on the list of 67. Yes we are in the big Roadway barn and I do not know him.

Comment

Working...
                                X