X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

:
    Originally posted by crazy View Post
    Not gonna be bored this week.. It is Bike week in Myrtle Beach. This RV park we are in is filled with RV's and Bikes.. A wee bit noisy but enjoyable. Couple next to us are comical. 75+ and they are wearing tye dyed shirts and pants.. He bought her a Harley Trike 5 years ago and he bitches she doesn't want to ride it much.. 5 years old and it doesn't have 500 miles on it yet .. Gonna be an interesting week..
    Are the 75 year olds behaving? She isn't wearing chaps with no hiney in them is she?

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
      :

Are the 75 year olds behaving? She isn't wearing chaps with no hiney in them is she?
      We went out for about four hours. He was gone before we left and she was sitting out by her RV .. She was in the same place when we got back and it doesn't look like the trike has moved.. But at least it is entertaining..

Comment

We went out for about four hours. He was gone before we left and she was sitting out by her RV .. She was in the same place when we got back and it doesn't look like the trike has moved.. But at least it is entertaining..
        A little update on our friends here at the RV park.. We were out a good part of the day yesterday and upon returning the neighbors wife was sitting outside their RV and the Trike was still sitting in the same place from last Monday when they set up next to us.. So trying to make conversation I asked how she was doing,, I did notice about 6 empty bud lite cans.. She said the hubby was out with his friends on the bikes.. Now mind you this woman could have been a double for granny on the Beverly Hillbilly's with her voice just about 100% match.. Well she complained that when they were leaving to come here he was rushing her so much that she left without her teeth and then proceeded to show me her empty toothless mouth.. That's when I spit my beer out.. They left this morning.. Peace tonight..

Comment

So our house deal here in South Carolina might be in jeopardy.. After the house inspection our agent has a list of about $7000 in repairs that need to be addressed.. While at the inspection I asked about the septic system and was informed that the septic system in South Carolina is not part of the official house inspection.. Well after feeling a little dampness on the drain field and this after a week and a half with no rain I asked for a septic inspection for which the seller had to sign off on and after a few back and forths with the agents we we given the right to get it inspected.. Well it failed and now the seller has to fix it or somehow reduce the price of the house if they truly want to sell it.. We will know their answer by Sunday night.. Or we start all over but if the deal falls through and they try to list it they will have to list that the property needs a new septic system.. Personally I think they knew about it and were hoping we didn't catch it.. Cost me $425 but if I hadn't got it done it would have cost between $10,000 and $20,000 .. She is back looking at houses again..

Comment

So our house deal here in South Carolina might be in jeopardy.. After the house inspection our agent has a list of about $7000 in repairs that need to be addressed.. While at the inspection I asked about the septic system and was informed that the septic system in South Carolina is not part of the official house inspection.. Well after feeling a little dampness on the drain field and this after a week and a half with no rain I asked for a septic inspection for which the seller had to sign off on and after a few back and forths with the agents we we given the right to get it inspected.. Well it failed and now the seller has to fix it or somehow reduce the price of the house if they truly want to sell it.. We will know their answer by Sunday night.. Or we start all over but if the deal falls through and they try to list it they will have to list that the property needs a new septic system.. Personally I think they knew about it and were hoping we didn't catch it.. Cost me $425 but if I hadn't got it done it would have cost between $10,000 and $20,000 .. She is back looking at houses again..
            That was 425 dollars well spent. The house I grew up in was built in 1958, it had a septic tank and I don't remember my folks ever having any problems with it, but I can remember some neighbors that did. I can remember running in someone's back yard and there being water about 2 inches deep around that thing that stuck up out of the ground that went to the septic tank and thinking WTF. I also remember once when I was a kid my folks had our septic tank pumped. WOW, that was a real appetite killer. The 3 houses My wife and I have lived in had sewers and thankfully never had any problems. In Georgia we have a disclosure law and you are supposed to list anything that is wrong. Better you found out now than literally being left holding a bag of Shihobbit. Good job!

Comment

Well our house deal here in SC fell apart last night ..After the house inspection showed that the current owners didn't take care of the house the septic inspection we asked for show the system failed and from what we were told it would be $4000 or more to fix it.. The sellers offered $1500 at the closing and we turned them down.. Karma will play into it now as when they relist it it will show that the reason the house was relisted.

Comment

So we found another one and put a offer on it and they accepted even though they had other offers.. And this one has sewers.. no problems with the septic and it has a much better location..

Comment

So we spent yesterday all day in the RV.. first Thanksgiving without any of the kids or family.. Watched a lot of TV.. We get closer to our closing.. Next Tuesday finally.. gonna be a kind of wacky week.. have to unload one of my trailers on Wed, that combined with getting four furniture and appliance deliveries combined with some woman who will be doing a whole house cleaning.. leaving for PA early on Thurs [12 to 13 hours] for two days to get the rest of our stuff in storage and scattered locations around the old homestead..back to Va on Sat to retrieve the cats and then onward to the new homestead with one of my boys following with the other trailer.. Gonna be a very busy week coming..

Comment

So we spent yesterday all day in the RV.. first Thanksgiving without any of the kids or family.. Watched a lot of TV.. We get closer to our closing.. Next Tuesday finally.. gonna be a kind of wacky week.. have to unload one of my trailers on Wed, that combined with getting four furniture and appliance deliveries combined with some woman who will be doing a whole house cleaning.. leaving for PA early on Thurs [12 to 13 hours] for two days to get the rest of our stuff in storage and scattered locations around the old homestead..back to Va on Sat to retrieve the cats and then onward to the new homestead with one of my boys following with the other trailer.. Gonna be a very busy week coming..
                    Wowser,that is a whole lot to do.I was just getting tired reading about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                      I agree, Good Luck. Hope the weather cooperates for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                        Glad I don't have a log book anymore..

Comment

Well here we go.. Closing day on the new house at 1 PM today and so it begins.. I kinda refer to it as moving week..

Comment

Well here we go.. Closing day on the new house at 1 PM today and so it begins.. I kinda refer to it as moving week..
                            Good Luck with the closing today.

Comment

So the closing went well and officially in the new house. First full day we had five scheduled deliveries and the cable guy. All went well and all but the Home Depot were on time. HD was about an hour and a half late and their last delivery and after they left we wound up with a flood on the laundry room floor. Installed washing machine improperally . Then we were off to PA. Took a chance on 95 through the Washington DC area and for the first time I can remember there were no traffic tie ups. Didnt hit any traffic from SC to Pa. That was a first. Made it in just under 12 hours.. Had to run two log books.. Now we are ready to return to Sc . I miss it already. One stop in Va to pick up the cats. Happy Saturday.

Comment

Trying to get settled in the new house in SC.. As always it comes with a few speed bumps.. New washer not working and about three hours of phone calls with the Hoe Depot and still not resolved.. Plumber here fixing water problems.. But the trip back down was pretty much an easy trip as we stopped in VA for a stopover. But we are happy and of course it seems the cats are happy as they can look out the back door and see the geese and the ducks swimming in the pond..

Comment

Working...
                                X