Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a good trip . Be safe/

Comment

• Second week out went for the most part pretty well.. Going from a 35 Ft. Fifth wheel to a 33ft Motor home you would be thinking you know everything but two different vehicles.. This one has an onboard generator and when you dry camp [ at a cider brewery ] .. Started generator and we had no power.. checked everything out and after calling previous owner I watched a youtube video and realized that in the back of the RV there was an outlet that maybe a wire became loose or something, That is when I realized the generator wasn't even plugged in.[ original owner never said anything about the generator having to be plugged in.. . Now we have power.. Then the other little thing that happened when we were on the way home was we had no hot water... This one I was able to temp fix till we got home,, Again it was a thermal in line fuse that had to be replaced.. . Overall it was a good experience.. Next big excursion is in July when we go north to PA plus a few small trips in the local area..

Comment

• Welcome back Crazy.

Comment

• Recovering from dental implant surgery yesterday. No pain today but my top lip is about twice the size of normal. Yesterday was the first step to replacing 3 in the top front and after drilling the studs and putting them in,took a 3d X-ray and the angle was wrong so lay the gum open again redrill the correct holes(I hope) and set the stitches again. It’s like working on a car he used a ratchet wrench , a very tiny one but you can fill the pressure as it’s tightening but the numbing stuff he injects into your gum keeps it pain free. Anyway replacing 3 teeth on a partial plate from a bike wreck about 48 years ago. Really digging UPS TIER of central states health fund. Same ID number I’ve always had in freight just covers a little more. # THANKFUL

Comment

• Originally posted by unionman View Post
            Recovering from dental implant surgery yesterday. No pain today but my top lip is about twice the size of normal. Yesterday was the first step to replacing 3 in the top front and after drilling the studs and putting them in,took a 3d X-ray and the angle was wrong so lay the gum open again redrill the correct holes(I hope) and set the stitches again. It’s like working on a car he used a ratchet wrench , a very tiny one but you can fill the pressure as it’s tightening but the numbing stuff he injects into your gum keeps it pain free. Anyway replacing 3 teeth on a partial plate from a bike wreck about 48 years ago. Really digging UPS TIER of central states health fund. Same ID number I’ve always had in freight just covers a little more. # THANKFUL
            Two aspirin and two six packs will help you forget the pain.. Hope your better soon..

Comment

• Just finished our first week on our RV vacation. Currently in PA near the old homestead. We are here for two weeks. Then begins the slow trip homeward with stops in Lancaster PA , Harrisonburg VA and Some RV park in Nort Carolina.
              First and second nights we boondocked at some micro breweries. First night out I learned a lesson, don't get to a brewery too early. Seems I was wasted by 7PM. Lesson learned. Anyway we have about four more weeks to go.

Comment

• Nice, that’s a long excursion, you gonna get home sick?

Comment

• So we are finishing up our second week in Northeast PA. We went to the Bushkill Falls and hiked for almost 4 miles..Lived in the area for 36 years and only went once. .. Up stairs,down stairs and stones for a walkway. Now I know why we never went back..But it is a beautiful park.

Comment

• So we just arrived home about an hour ago.. It was a good trip but anyone that is familiar with RV parks knows for the most place internet is spotty at best.. But overall we had a very good trip.. Out just over 4 weeks.. Next trip most likely back along the coast in NC..

Comment

• getting ready for a mini RV trip {5 days}up on the North Carolina coast.. I have never been to the outer banks so maybe I can cross that one of the bucket list..

Comment

• Originally posted by crazy View Post
                        getting ready for a mini RV trip {5 days}up on the North Carolina coast.. I have never been to the outer banks so maybe I can cross that one of the bucket list..
                        Sounds like a good time

Comment

• About 8-10 years ago we stayed at a rv park on the ocean,cant remember the name but it was near Myrtle Beach,really nice and huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by unionman View Post

Sounds like a good time
                            Well we just got back.. We had a good time but sadly didn't get near then outer banks as they were still another 150 miles.. We did get to Morehead city and Beaufort .. Both were very nice.. Also we went to a NC State \park near Swansboro and wound up taking ferry to Bear Island.. Well worth the trip.. About three miles of beach in total and about 100 people on the beach total.. Ocean was like bath water... What we like about North Carolina is that the state parks we visited were free.. Except for the ferry ride which was $5 ea [senior price].. We do plan on going back to the area.. Only bad thing was internet where we stayed which for the most part non-existent.. Other than that it was an excellent trip..

Comment

• Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                              About 8-10 years ago we stayed at a rv park on the ocean,cant remember the name but it was near Myrtle Beach,really nice and huge.
                              We stayed at Lakewood RV resort for about three months when we first moved to SC.. Ocean front resort.. It was between Pirates Land and Ocean lakes rv resorts.. All three on the ocean and on the southern side of Myrtle Beach..Traffic here is getting worse though as they continue to build more and more houses..

Comment

• Originally posted by crazy View Post

We stayed at Lakewood RV resort for about three months when we first moved to SC.. Ocean front resort.. It was between Pirates Land and Ocean lakes rv resorts.. All three on the ocean and on the southern side of Myrtle Beach..Traffic here is getting worse though as they continue to build more and more houses..
                                I think it was ocean lakes,it was a beautiful place.The only slight drawback was it was bike week ,so it was extemely busy.There were a lot of bikers there but weren't allowed to ride bikes into park.Some had setups on the back of their golf carts to tow their bikes to camping spots others parked at the gate and walked into park.

Comment

Working...
                                X