No announcement yet.

Famous quotes or quotes you just like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Famous quotes or quotes you just like.

"As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation's wars."

John M. McHugh

Comment

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist.
      That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down."

Frederick Douglas

Comment

"THE BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE WORLD CANNOT BE SEEN OR EVEN TOUCHED."....... Unknown

Comment

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            "THE BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE WORLD CANNOT BE SEEN OR EVEN TOUCHED."....... Unknown
            I have a magnet on my fridg with this quote. My mom gave it to me many years ago and now I think of her when I look at it. She was a very troubled soul but obviously she understood this.
            Last edited by ABFwife; 05-29-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

"I don't like talking to horses because they are naysayers"

Pat Sajak

Comment

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

Will Rogers

Comment

"When the riots happened in L.A., they didn't go to Beverly Hills to trash Rodeo Drive. They trashed their own neighborhoods. It's one of those tragedies that we always see in riot situations, where the only thing that they can lash out against is the stuff that's right there in their own communities. They destroy the very things that help them survive in their own community. There is a level of futility in that."

Samuel L. Jackson

Comment

It's not as fixed as we thought.
                    Anonymous Teenage Menonite receiver

I just had to quote the kid.
                    Very witty as their people can be.
                    Was delivering to a store and asked him to pop the plate so I could close my door.
                    He said the last driver left without popping the plate and it was broken but they fixed it.
                    Well, he popped the plate for me and instead of folding down at the top, it stayed rigid.
                    I looked at him and he quickly said. "It's not as fixed as we thought.".

I laughed out loud immediately at his seriousness and wit.
                    Great response. I'll be remembering that for all the things I fix but are definitely "not as fixed as I thought" many times.

I lowered the plate and stood on the end and told him to pop it and it folded down.
                    One of the funniest lines I heard in quite some time.
                    Last edited by slavenomore; 05-30-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

"Let me completely condemn these sickening scenes; scenes of looting, scenes of vandalism, scenes of thieving, scenes of people attacking police, of people even attacking firefighters. This is criminality pure and simple and it has to be confronted."

David Cameron

Comment

I remained to much inside my head and end up loosing my mind.......Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

"The Roman Empire was very, very much like us. They lost their moral core, their sense of values in terms of who they were. And after all of those things converged together, they just went right down the tubes very quickly."

Dr. Ben Carson

Comment

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/951...-never-did-and

Comment

''The worst government is often the most moral...One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane...But when fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression''

H.L. Mencken

Comment

''When the people fear the government,there is tyranny,when the government fears the people,there is liberty''

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X