Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just my opinion

Originally posted by Docker View Post
    Sure you do… you either refuse to acknowledge or state it because you want everyone to get along like one big happy family. I have news for you… it’s a family all right… but happy it is not. It’s a highly dysfunctional family harboring nothing but contempt and hatred by some of its members. And those who are harboring nothing but contempt and hatred are now in hiding because they no longer have the upper hand in controlling the course of the discussions.

That’s what you are either refusing to acknowledge or state because you liked it much better before when those who had opposing viewpoints and opinions were stifled when it came to expressing them because deep down…you don’t want spirited civil debates… you want people to either agree with your opinions or just shut the hell up and that’s the way it was moderated for a good while recently. After all… one of your favorite complaints is that you’re being attacked for just stating your opinion. Like I said before… when you state your opinion… another member also has the right to state theirs… and this is my opinion… like it or not.
    Although I agree with you on many things I can say I totally disagree you on 2631 . He is quite the opposite . Just because he doesn't like to post in political forums ?? I have known him for almost 17 years now .. As far as those on the left that refuse to post their opinions?? Most likely because they have no argument to make...I would much rather have them make their opinions known..When they are silent it just proves my point..They kinda remind me of years back when one would go on a hunger strike to make a point..

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
      Docker I started this thread on members opinions. Of course I would like you and all members to join in with their opinions. Why would you think I am looking for sympathy? Why because I miss the the daily information I used to get from this site. I started this thread in the hopes that others would join in.

I thought I made myself clear that I can't get involved in responding to multiple long winded conspiracy theories that I don't have the attention span to read twice before getting the point of the article? I saw your posts last night before you edited them. I'm glad you did because I could now respond. I wouldn't have read the quotes so I wouldn't have had an opinion on them.

My opinion remains the same. I miss the old TOL where I found things of interest to me. There have been a lot of former members of this site that have left for their own reasons. I would like them to come back and offer their opinions. Of course there is always the political forum if they would like to post there too.

I don't know if this will be posted because at 6:15 AM I keep getting an error saying the server is down.
      You may think you want other members to join in with their opposing views but you're only fooling yourself or you wouldn't always be crying about getting attacked just for posting your opinion.

Why do I think you are looking for sympathy... just look at some of your prior replies... like this one...

That's a cop out and you know it!!! Who you trying to fool because you know damn well that not one democratic leader publicly condemned those actions... and many actually embraced and encouraged them because it was plastered all over CNN... MSNBC... Fox... ABC... CBS and NBC all last year and I know you weren't living under a rock. So... please... don't claim ignorance and try playing me for a fool by taking advantage of my understanding of your sensitivity when it comes to posting my replies to you or I won't even consider that factor into the mix with my future replies.
      You won't have to.
      Just look at how pitiful this was... you post this reply and just run off and don't come back for a week like a chid taking a hissy fit. Then you come back here and post this thread in the Community Lounge starting off feeling sorry for yourself by saying how the site has changed

You may think you want other members to join in with their opposing views but you're only fooling yourself or you wouldn't always be crying about getting attacked just for posting your opinion.

So yes... you made yourself perfectly clear. You want others to feel sorry for you because you are selfish and blame those with opposing views for it... how's that?
      Last edited by Docker; 01-30-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

That’s what you are either refusing to acknowledge or state because you liked it much better before when those who had opposing viewpoints and opinions were stifled when it came to expressing them because deep down…you don’t want spirited civil debates…
        A big happy family no. Truckers always disagree and argue. I don't know what went on here at TOL except what was posted. I wasn't privy to the behind the scenes moderation. For the 12 years I have been a member here I don't think I have ever hit the dislike button on anyone. In the past I have had "spirited civil debates" with members like Stoney, Joe Beck, strappy and even my friend Wizard. I don't recall ever being uncivil or attacking them personally or reporting a post.

you want people to either agree with your opinions or just shut the hell up and that’s the way it was moderated for a good while recently. After all… one of your favorite complaints is that you’re being attacked for just stating your opinion. Like I said before… when you state your opinion… another member also has the right to state theirs… and this is my opinion… like it or not.
        If everyone either agreed with my posts or as you say just shut the hell up it would be a boring site. Kind of like how the political forum has turned into with long winded articles from gateway and American thinker. IMO you don't always just attack the poster's opinion. You attack the poster. Maybe you don't mean it to be an attack but just go back to your quote in my last post on the political forum.

So... please... don't claim ignorance and try playing me for a fool by taking advantage of my understanding of your sensitivity when it comes to posting my replies to you or I won't even consider that factor into the mix with my future replies.
        What has my sensitivity to do with you responding to my post? Unless you intend to attack me personally. You appear to be trying to analyze me.

Comment

Why do I think you are looking for sympathy... just look at some of your prior replies... like this one...

Just look at how pitiful this was... you post this reply and just run off and don't come back for a week like a chid taking a hissy fit. Then you come back here and post this thread in the Community Lounge starting off feeling sorry for yourself by saying how the site has changed

So yes... you made yourself perfectly clear. You want others to feel sorry for you because you are selfish and blame those with opposing views for it... how's that?
          And you call that "civil debate"?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
            Although I agree with you on many things I can say I totally disagree you on 2631 . He is quite the opposite . Just because he doesn't like to post in political forums ?? I have known him for almost 17 years now .. As far as those on the left that refuse to post their opinions?? Most likely because they have no argument to make...I would much rather have them make their opinions known..When they are silent it just proves my point..They kinda remind me of years back when one would go on a hunger strike to make a point..
            He likes to post in the political forum... he just doesn't like anyone confronting his opinions because he considers them as attacks. You can have your opinion of him and I can have mine. I always did like 2631... still do... but I'm tired how he now goes around trying to play a victim all the time.

Comment

And you call that "civil debate"?
              Yes I do.

Comment

Was that before or after we were told that injecting chlorox?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...lungs-n1191216

I for one was skeptical of Trump's suggestion. Just like I was when he claimed that covid was a hoax to keep voters from the polls. Like when he told campaign rally supporters they wouldn't hear anything about covid after Nov 4th.
                The schools are opening in MA. The resteraunts are opening in NY and CA.
                And the vaccines being mandated have even congressmen testing positive after both shots.
                It's a sham.
                An excuse to boss the world around.
                The hydra drug gets rid of it in 2 days. Theyve given it to military and 3rd workers like an OTC drug. They call it the Sunday pill in some countries. Take it every Sunday...all ages take it.
                No dangerous side effects.

We are being abused with the virus and stole an election with it.

Comment

A big happy family no. Truckers always disagree and argue. I don't know what went on here at TOL except what was posted. I wasn't privy to the behind the scenes moderation. For the 12 years I have been a member here I don't think I have ever hit the dislike button on anyone. In the past I have had "spirited civil debates" with members like Stoney, Joe Beck, strappy and even my friend Wizard. I don't recall ever being uncivil or attacking them personally or reporting a post.
                  Just who accused you of being uncivil... attacking them personally or reporting a post? You are the one who is always crying about being attacked for just posting your opinions.

If everyone either agreed with my posts or as you say just shut the hell up it would be a boring site. Kind of like how the political forum has turned into with long winded articles from gateway and American thinker. IMO you don't always just attack the poster's opinion. You attack the poster. Maybe you don't mean it to be an attack but just go back to your quote in my last post on the political forum.
                  I do confront the poster too... sorry... but IMO... they go hand in hand... how's that?

What has my sensitivity to do with you responding to my post? Unless you intend to attack me personally. You appear to be trying to analyze me.
                  Sensitivity has everything to do with it. You can't take even an ounce of criticism without crying about getting attacked when you really aren't.

Comment

Just look at how pitiful this was... you post this reply and just run off and don't come back for a week like a chid taking a hissy fit. Then you come back here and post this thread in the Community Lounge starting off feeling sorry for yourself by saying how the site has changed]
                    Docker no hissy fit. I been here waiting for a topic I have an interest in. I think you must have missed the 10 posts I made before I started this thread. I have already explained why I haven't posted in the political forum. Too many long quoted paragraphs that I don't even read. I can't post my opinion on something I don't have an interest in.
                    Last edited by 2631; 01-30-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I do confront the poster too... sorry... but IMO... they go hand in hand... how's that?
                      That is where we disagree. I have always tried to abide by the site rules.

"REMEMBER do NOT attack the person! Challenge the post only!"

Comment

I guess you can call me selfish. I log on a couple of times a day in hopes of finding something of interest. I am sorry to say that TOL has turned into a mini version of TB. It seems that it is mostly long winded unproven conspiracy theories too boring for me to even read. I miss the old TOL where we had daily trucking information and spirited civil debates on many issues of interest to me.
                        We see how the liberal side operated here. With "rules".
                        And we saw even better with banning on Twitter and Facebook and other platforms.
                        This is America.
                        Never have people been shut down on their speech like the left and establishment has shut down speech this year.
                        This is not Communist China ....but we are getting there.
                        And it must stop.
                        People can speak and should speak.
                        Nobody is God, although they may think they are.
                        The marriage between Wall Street and China has become unAmerican in its tyranny. They think they own us.
                        And that's not flying with me at all. It's growing greater and greater anger in me.
                        Adults can decide what we want to believe.
                        Money and politicians and scientists and legislators for money do not speak truth and that is truth....they lie for money and power.
                        We are on dangerous ground with free speech today.
                        If we choose to believe the election was stolen...they cannot change that. And we should not be silenced. If we believe in God or Church...that also should not be silenced.
                        If we choose not to believe in political and corporate science related to Covid...that is our choice...nobody else's.
                        This is America....not Communist China.
                        The schools have taught untruths my whole life...imo they teach opinions dictated by donors and corporate interests and publishers....and they now want to teach more untruths under Executive Orders.....and under these new unAmerican rules....we will be silenced if we disagree.
                        I'm not into silencing people.
                        I was never big on banning or silencing. Bean and scrappy and Stoney agitated me at times...but I'd laugh and argue....not ban as if they are below me or children.
                        That's not a win for an argument. Not with adults.
                        Not in America.

Comment

Docker no hissy fit. I been here waiting for a topic I have an interest in. I think you must have missed the 10 posts I made before I started this thread. I have already explained why I haven't posted in the political forum. Too many long quoted paragraphs that I don't even read. I can't post my opinion on something I don't have an interest in.
                          I didn't miss your posts... I was referring to the way you ran off for a week after posting that pitiful reply implying just as much.

I don't give a crap whether you post in the political section or not but if you think that there are too many long quoted paragraphs... don't have an opinion on something and have an interest in... then why did you feel the need to start a thread complaining about how this site has become like TB?
                          Last edited by Docker; 01-30-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

That is where we disagree. I have always tried to abide by the site rules.

"REMEMBER do NOT attack the person! Challenge the post only!"
                            Yes it is 2631... that is where we disagree because when you confront the post... in reality you are also confronting the person who posted it. Think about it.

Comment

I was never big on banning or silencing. Bean and scrappy and Stoney agitated me at times...but I'd laugh and argue....not ban as if they are below me or children.
                              That's not a win for an argument. Not with adults.
                              Not in America.
                              Slave, on that we can agree. I never liked the idea of people being banned.

Comment

Yes it is 2631... that is where we disagree because when you confront the post... in reality you are also confronting the person who posted it. Think about it.
                                No I don't agree. You use the term confront the post or poster To me that sounds like to challenge rather than to debate or offer a different opinion. Kind of like looking to argue.

Confront
                                to face in hostility or defiance; oppose:
                                The feuding factions confronted one another.

Comment

Working...
                                X