Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia

Here is your chance to use your wits along with your knowledge of the Teamster Union...

Who is considered to be the very first Teamster?

Re: Trivia

muler , with docker following close behind.

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
      muler , with docker following close behind.
      Wrong… which is a very stupid answer considering that the Teamster union was founded in 1903 and this is 2021. You may want to consider staying put your designated thread if you want to try and salvage what little dignity you have left… just saying

You know… like the thread spaghetti had all to himself years back… that’s right… the member you thought was a joke… well guess what… you’re our new spaghetti with a major case of DDS ( Docker Derangement Syndrome)

Isn’t karma a bitch… lol

I know that you think of Muler as the most terrifying Teamster… but for heaven’s sake… try and use a little common sense next time… will you. Now I see why you are reluctant to wander too far from the safety of your designated thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
        Here is your chance to use your wits along with your knowledge of the Teamster Union...

Who is considered to be the very first Teamster?
        can we cheat? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          can we cheat? lol
          Hell ya... I would be dissapointed in those who didn't... lol

Comment

Samuel Gompers

Comment

Samuel Gompers
              No... but a good guess...

Samuel Gompers was the first and longest-serving president of the American Federation of Labor and was considered the most significant person in the history of the American labor movement.

Comment

can we cheat? lol
                Remember these company nicknames...

Roadway Express: 'Big R"
                Yellow Freight: 'Yellow Dog"
                Consolidated Freightways: 'Corn Flakes"
                ABF Freight: 'Bullfrog" (A reference to the dark green color of their trucks)
                Wilson Freight: 'Dirty W" (They rarely washed their trucks)
                McLean Trucking: 'Double Diamonds" (A reference to their diamond-shaped logo appearing on both back doors)
                Interstate Motor Freight: 'Dollar Sign" (Their emblem looked like one)
                United Parcel Service: 'Buster Brown" (A cartoon Character)
                Smith's Transfer: 'Snuffy Smith" (Another cartoon character)
                Hall's Motor Transit: 'Cough Drop" (After a popular cold remedy of the same family name)

Contributed by Gary Smith on Hankstruck forum

Comment

Wrong… You may want to consider staying put your designated thread if you want to try and salvage what little dignity you have left… just saying...
                  Didn't you just tell me not to limit myself to one thread??

I know it's nice to have your own thread and all but your verbal skills and intellect won't stand a chance to improve by just limiting yourself to this thread.

Comment

Didn't you just tell me not to limit myself to one thread??
                    Once again… a stupid answer. If I tell you to jump off a bridge… would you do that too? Come to think of it… you may want to just stick to what you have been doing all along… avoiding questions because the first two that you have finally tried to answer… and I hate to tell you this… were just plain stupid.

So yes… I did tell you that… but I didn’t think you would actually be foolish enough to sashay over to a thread and try to answer a question which involves being able to apply intellect and intelligence at the same time… right out of the gate… especially since you aren’t capable of using one on its own… let alone together.

Remember when I told you that you have to learn to crawl before you can walk… I was thinking more along the lines of you crawling over to the “What did you just finish doing” thread or something like that first. I would of at the very least thought that if you wanted to show off your limited mental prowess… you would of started out with the “Name Game” first. In other words… start off with something enjoyable and stress free to build up some confidence first… something that you are in dire need of. After all… that’s what always gets you in trouble in the first place… jumping out of the frying pan into the fire knowing that you don’t have a lick of sense… the ability to reason and stand on your own merit. After all… it’s much different now that you don’t have the ability to control the conversation anymore.

Believe me… I really do try keeping my replies short because of your limited attention span but you give me so much ammunition to use against you with your asinine replies… I just can’t resist. Just think… I’d be here all day if you were capable of mustering up more than just a sentence or two. See that… stupidity has some perks after all.

Comment

This might be an interesting thread if you post some actual trivia , instead of off topic rants.

Oh , wait...your rants are trivial....never mind.

Comment

This might be an interesting thread if you post some actual trivia , instead of off topic rants.

Oh , wait...your rants are trivial....never mind.
                        I’ll tell you what’s not trivial… it’s your serious and fatal infliction of DDS (Docker Derangement Syndrome)…

Think about it… you haven’t had a single post of nothing but comments about either Muler or myself since you suffered that complete mental meltdown and resigned as administrator. You may want think about obsessing over that for awhile… just saying

My advice to you… seek help before it totally destroys what little dignity and sanity that you have left.

Comment

Thanks, dock. I appreciate you taking the time to prove I was right.

Comment

Thanks, dock. I appreciate you taking the time to prove I was right.
                            You’re welcome. Just do yourself a favor… don’t postpone seeking help… start seeking out a qualified psychiatrist right away before you start second guessing yourself and be sure to stick with it… even if that means you have to be involuntary committed for a little while. Trust me… you won’t regret it and you will come to find out that you just made the best decision of your life.

Then… just think… when… or if you get rehabilitated… you can then return and open up a thread called “The x is cured” and tell us all about your experiences and actually contribute something to this forum for a change instead of just disrupting it.

So… take all the time you need and in the meantime… I’ll talk to Jimmy and see if he would be willing to reinstate you as an admin again upon your return if you can show him that you have matured enough to be able to handle that responsibility… even if it has to be on a trial basis. Just don’t let him down by quitting again if he does decide to give you another chance. But don’t you worry that sick little mind of yours right now about that at the moment… just congratulate yourself in making the right decision and focus on getting better.

And thank you… now I can say that I played a part in convincing you to seek the help that you so desperately need.

Comment

Another asinine post from the docker.

Comment

Working...
                              X