Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Here is an interview with an Infectious Disease Expert, Michael Osterholm. The video is about 15 minutes and he details some interesting and valuable information.
    China knew they had a problem in November, they first reported it at the end of December. The world yawned and our government said it will blow away.
    Now what do we have ? An air borne infectious virus.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      Nancy Pelosi has no conscience and should be removed from politics.

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/03/12/...t-coronavirus/
      More right wing hype. There is always two sides to every story. This is another attempt to smear the work being done by both parties on the virus issue by claiming that securing a funding stream of up to $1 billion for reimbursing laboratory claims was attempt to fund abortions. What hog wash. Leave it to the republicans to stir up politics during a health emergency.

Right-wing media and abortion opponents hype misinformation about the coronavirus spending bill
      As Congress looked to pass a spending bill to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, right-wing media and abortion opponents took their cues from the White House and began a campaign to falsely blame the inclusion of abortion funding for GOP resistance to the bill.
      According to NBC News, a spending bill spearheaded by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was running into problems because “the White House believes provisions in the Pelosi bill that pertain to the Violence Against Women Act could open the door to federal funds for abortion. In response, the White House wants to add Hyde Amendment language to the bill.”
      There is absolutely no evidence that the funding the Democratic bill calls for would go toward abortion.
      In fact, House Democrats filed what's called a “manager's amendment,” which makes clear that the funding can only be used for “COVID-19 diagnostic tests and related administration or service costs.”
      “Claims reimbursed under this section would be limited to those for uninsured individuals not eligible for other COVID-19 testing and services assistance included in the bill,” reads a summary of the amendment from the House Rules Committee.
      https://www.mediamatters.org/coronav...ut-coronavirus

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        It most certainly does remind me of something. Another failure by the Orange one in regards to information given residents of Alabama on the path of a hurricane. I will give credit where credit is due when it comes to creating panic. Don the Con is certainly doing his share. Bravo!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
        What does Alabama have to do with the coronavirus?? As far as creating the panic?? Maybe the media has a hand in it. Got toilet paper?? It's in high demand.

Comment

Anyone who profits from this situation needs to go to jail!!! And I am happy to read that Amazon is not going to let people like this do what they are doing.

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said. “The major metro areas were cleaned out.”

Matt Colvin stayed home near Chattanooga, preparing for pallets of even more wipes and sanitizer he had ordered, and starting to list them on Amazon. Mr. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, “it was crazy money.” To many others, it was profiteering from a pandemic.

The next day, Amazon pulled his items and thousands of other listings for sanitizer, wipes and face masks. The company suspended some of the sellers behind the listings and warned many others that if they kept running up prices, they’d lose their accounts. EBay soon followed with even stricter measures, prohibiting any U.S. sales of masks or sanitizer.
          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Once again I can say without a doubt that the republicans are the obstructionists in this country. The party of "NO".
            Yes, the NY Times is a subscription site, but I'll post the first paragraph to show that only republicans voted against the virus bill.

How Every House Member Voted on the Coronavirus Relief Bill
            The House voted 363-40 early on Saturday to pass a coronavirus relief package, a move that came after the World Health Organization declared the virus a pandemic. The bill includes free virus testing for those who lack insurance, paid sick leave, family and medical leave programs, enhanced unemployment benefits, additional food aid and federal funds for Medicaid.
            All 40 votes against the relief bill were cast by Republicans. Representative Chip Roy, Republican of Texas, said Friday night that he opposed the bill because it would “expand government massively” and “put pressure on health resources.” But after hours of discussions between White House officials and lawmakers, President Trump late Friday night gave the first indication that he backed the measure and wanted Republicans to vote for it, tweeting, “Look forward to signing the final Bill, ASAP!”
            Clear your cookie, reboot the computer or look for other means to verify the vote count. Way to go republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ouse-vote.html

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
              More right wing hype. There is always two sides to every story. This is another attempt to smear the work being done by both parties on the virus issue by claiming that securing a funding stream of up to $1 billion for reimbursing laboratory claims was attempt to fund abortions. What hog wash. Leave it to the republicans to stir up politics during a health emergency.

Right-wing media and abortion opponents hype misinformation about the coronavirus spending bill

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronav...ut-coronavirus
              Well from what I read it was indeed she tried to add the abortion language to the bill.. You want to believe it was just right winged hearsay?? that's your choice.. There are many news sites that claim it is true.. Maybe it is one for "ripley's believe it or not" ..

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/03/13/...onavirus-bill/

President Donald Trump slammed Speaker Nancy Pelosi for trying to sneak abortion funding and other things into the economic stimulus bill meant to help combat the coronavirus.

As LifeNews reported, Speaker Nancy Pelosi is so dedicated to promoting abortion and forcing Americans to fund killing babies in abortion that she has been caught trying to add taxpayer financing of abortions to the bill to combat the Coronavirus and provide economic stimulus to the nation as it deals with the COVD-19 outbreak.

Pelosi came under heavy criticism from pro-life advocates — including from President Trump’s son Donald trump Jr, who tweeted: “This pretty much sums everything up: @realDonaldTrump is moving quickly to protect Americans from coronavirus and its economic impact… Democrats are spending their time trying to create an abortion slush fund.”

And pro-life Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska also let Pelosi have it.

“While schools are closing and hospitals are gearing up, Speaker Pelosi is waging unnecessary culture wars. Speaker Pelosi should be fighting the coronavirus pandemic, not politicizing emergency funding by fighting against the bipartisan Hyde Amendment,” Sasse told National Review in a statement. “We need to be ramping up our diagnostic testing, not waging culture wars at the behest of Planned Parenthood. Good grief.”

But President Trump also called out Pelosi for pushing her liberal political agenda over protecting Americans:

Comment

Once again I can say without a doubt that the republicans are the obstructionists in this country. The party of "NO".
                Yes, the NY Times is a subscription site, but I'll post the first paragraph to show that only republicans voted against the virus bill.

How Every House Member Voted on the Coronavirus Relief Bill

Clear your cookie, reboot the computer or look for other means to verify the vote count. Way to go republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ouse-vote.html
                The only house member that knew what was in the bill was Nancy Pelozi.. As one "Republican" member stated on TV that they asked for more time to read the bill..{ remember the affordable care act? Even Pelozi stated then that they had to pass it so they could read it} The Senate wasn't going to act on it till next week.. Think maybe because of other language that got thrown into it just might have been a reason?? IMO there should be only Coronavirus related issues in it.. But that is what politicians do.. both sides do it.. and its wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                  Anyone who profits from this situation needs to go to jail!!! And I am happy to read that Amazon is not going to let people like this do what they are doing.

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...cid=spartandhp
                  Every Thanksgiving we go to the local ShopRite supermarket for their Black Friday deal on Paper Towels.. Between them and Amazon we have enough paper towels to last over a year.. Maybe I could trade them for other things.. But I would not even think of putting them on Ebay or other bidding sites.. We went yesterday to Walmart a place I hate but the wife buys cat food there .. It was a zoo.. The paper isle was empty.. The shelves were almost empty.. milk and meats were almost empty.. stopped in the other local grocery and found everything we needed.. Even got RV toilet paper at the RV place in town.. As far as people selling crap on Amazon?? I hope they all get kicked off.. Ebay also.. Some people just don't care..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                    What does Alabama have to do with the coronavirus?? As far as creating the panic?? Maybe the media has a hand in it. Got toilet paper?? It's in high demand.
                    What does Alabama have to do with it? You asked me if I was reminded me of anything. Let's see, we have Trump, we have failure, we have bad information relayed by the Orange one that upset a few folks that created a panic. All Trump on his watch. The best advice I can offer is, don't ask the question if there's fear of not liking the answer.

Trump just can't seem to grasp the concept that his voice does reach people and affect them and it's not always positive like he believes.

The media? They are to blame? I never realized the media held a gun to Trump's head and forced him speak. I'm willing to bet that "blame the media" was a focus on Faux News 24/7.

Comment

What does Alabama have to do with it? You asked me if I was reminded me of anything. Let's see, we have Trump, we have failure, we have bad information relayed by the Orange one that upset a few folks that created a panic. All Trump on his watch. The best advice I can offer is, don't ask the question if there's fear of not liking the answer.

Trump just can't seem to grasp the concept that his voice does reach people and affect them and it's not always positive like he believes.

The media? They are to blame? I never realized the media held a gun to Trump's head and forced him speak. I'm willing to bet that "blame the media" was a focus on Faux News 24/7.
                      I don't see how Alabama has anything to do with it but if that is what empty shelves remind you of then so be it.. I have no problem with any of your answers but just many of them I am unable to connect the dots.. As far as the media?? Yes I do believe they make it worse...We live in an age of electronic media and social media.. People are glued to their phones.. Many people cannot decipher what is true and what is not.. Give you an example.. We took about five days to travel from Florida to home.. When we left Florida it seemed everything was still normal.. We heard on the radio about panic buying especially in Europe.. We stopped in South Carolina for a few days and still the same.. no panic buying yet.. Time we got home you couldn't even find toilet paper.. She ordered from a supermarket that delivered and they only sent about half of what she ordered.. I would assume many people are in panic mode.. Not from what Trump has said but more because of what they heard on the media.. Store shelves empty.. But I can say one thing that something good has come from this,seems almost everyone is using wipes in the supermarkets,something we have been doing for years..

Comment

Well from what I read it was indeed she tried to add the abortion language to the bill.. You want to believe it was just right winged hearsay?? that's your choice.. There are many news sites that claim it is true.. Maybe it is one for "ripley's believe it or not" ..

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/03/13/...onavirus-bill/
                        What you read and understand are simply two different things.
                        The Committee on Rules has posted about H.R. 6201, Families First Coronavirus Response Act which states exactly how funds are to be used.
                        I don't see anything talking about abortions. The right wing republicans ( Trump ) threw that in to create turmoil, as usual.
                        Comprehension is the key.

MANAGER’S AMENDMENT Revised Clarifies that the funds provided under section 105 of Division G can be used for COVID-19 diagnostic tests and related administration or service costs (as defined under section 101). Claims reimbursed under this section would be limited to those for uninsured individuals not eligible for other COVID-19 testing and services assistance included in the bill. Clarifies that Medicaid payment for the new eligibility category for the uninsured under section 104 of Division G is limited to COVID-19 testing and testing-related services.
                        https://rules.house.gov/bill/116/hr-6201

Comment

I don't see how Alabama has anything to do with it but if that is what empty shelves remind you of then so be it.. I have no problem with any of your answers but just many of them I am unable to connect the dots.. As far as the media?? Yes I do believe they make it worse...We live in an age of electronic media and social media.. People are glued to their phones.. Many people cannot decipher what is true and what is not.. Give you an example.. We took about five days to travel from Florida to home.. When we left Florida it seemed everything was still normal.. We heard on the radio about panic buying especially in Europe.. We stopped in South Carolina for a few days and still the same.. no panic buying yet.. Time we got home you couldn't even find toilet paper.. She ordered from a supermarket that delivered and they only sent about half of what she ordered.. I would assume many people are in panic mode.. Not from what Trump has said but more because of what they heard on the media.. Store shelves empty.. But I can say one thing that something good has come from this,seems almost everyone is using wipes in the supermarkets,something we have been doing for years..
                          The catalyst is Trump. No amount of inability to understand, diversion, or denial, changes the fact that he speaks, people listen, people react, and that is the weight squarely situated on his slumping shoulders.

Comment

The Committee on Rules has posted about H.R. 6201, Families First Coronavirus Response Act which states exactly how funds are to be used.
                            I don't see anything talking about abortions. The right wing republicans ( Trump ) threw that in to create turmoil, as usual.

Oh gosh, the actual language. Fake news! Fake news!

Comment

So okay you posted the final bill.. That is AFTER peolzi was called out for trying to add the abortion language into it.. There is no roof either way but I havent seen Pelozi or her people denying it.. beleive what you want..

Comment

The catalyst is Trump. No amount of inability to understand, diversion, or denial, changes the fact that he speaks, people listen, people react, and that is the weight squarely situated on his slumping shoulders.
                                Yeah it's all Trumps fault even the "EMPTY" shelves in Europe.. Get use to it as it sure does look like he will be YOUR president for four more years..

Comment

Working...
                                X