Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by fedexnuno View Post
    Bernie plan was this for our future...in 2007 my wife got hurt in Paris France and Social medical took care of her as an American Citizen!
    About our wages is a different thing...Union is always needed in America!!!
    The more we advocate for tax paid government programs to replace what we provided, the more our numbers decrease.
    If we stop existing, only businessmen will dictate what will be policy here.
    We used to make businesses pay for healthcare.
    Now we make ourselves pay for everybody's.
    It doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      Health insurance was one of the biggest attractions to a union job.
      When government just gives it to everybody, nobody needs us and they won't join.
      It may seem like a cold hearted response to say to not have government give it, but like many things the saying " no pain, no gain" applies imo.
      If they hurt they will come. But if not they won't.
      We do business a huge favor if we advocate a government provided health insurance.
      They have enough power, voice, and money in our politicians. We do not. We should want them to join us, therefore we should not advocate for government provided healthcare imo.
      slave ... Europe has one of the highest concentrations of union representation in the world. They also have a healthcare system in place for their citizens in those unionized countries.
      Universal, or medicare for all will eliminate that responsibility from the employer and union which will allow them to concentrate on wages and benefits, instead of the contentious healthcare issues that vary from contract to contract and from state to state.

We might pay more in taxes, but overall we will pay less for healthcare. It's not a union thing. It's a human thing. Basic healthcare for all, not just the few.
      Unions would grow stronger if they focus on higher wages and better benefits, instead of healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
        slave ... Europe has one of the highest concentrations of union representation in the world. They also have a healthcare system in place for their citizens in those unionized countries.
        Universal, or medicare for all will eliminate that responsibility from the employer and union which will allow them to concentrate on wages and benefits, instead of the contentious healthcare issues that vary from contract to contract and from state to state.

We might pay more in taxes, but overall we will pay less for healthcare. It's not a union thing. It's a human thing. Basic healthcare for all, not just the few.
        Unions would grow stronger if they focus on higher wages and better benefits, instead of healthcare.
        Healthcare has to be paid for one way or another.. Whether the employers pay for it or you pay for it through higher taxes.. It still has to be paid for..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
          Healthcare has to be paid for one way or another.. Whether the employers pay for it or you pay for it through higher taxes.. It still has to be paid for..
          Yes, that's true.
          But if it's a right to receive it though a universal or national healthcare plan, and everybody pays the same tax rate for that service, then we aren't price gouged like the American people are.
          If a union doesn't need to add this contentious negotiating issue to the table, then they could concentrate on other more important matters, like pay rates.

Comment

If a union doesn't need to add this contentious negotiating issue to the table, then they could concentrate on other more important matters, like pay rates.
            I think your wrong on this ..If this was the case then our teamster buddies and other union workers to the north of us in Canada would be making a whole lot more an hour than what is paid in the US..
            Healthcare isn't free.. Someone has to pay for it.. If it comes in the form of taxes then I would assume employers as well as the employees will be paying higher taxes.. The taxes paid by the employers would be added into any compensation package offered to the employees.. All it would do is to move money around.. I have said this before.. Medicare for all?? Yeah but the way it is now .. 80% covered by the government 20% on you.. Unions then negotiate for the best supplement policy's.. 20 or so years ago I was told by many that Medicare was gonna collapse before I turned 65.. My doctor told me that they weren't sure if they would accept Medicare as many other doctors said the same.. Guess what.. Medicare is still there and ALL the doctors that said they weren't gonna accept it still do.. Wonder why?? Seniors are like a cash flow..

Comment

The big banner says.....All benefits paid by the company. CDL training.......Folks weren't beating the door down.

A few years ago we were moved off the Utah-Idaho plan to Select Health. Don't get me wrong, it's top tier insurance but not as good as what we had. Cost does come into play.

Economics is a part of negotiations that could be simplified with the employees seeing more in their take home pay if the cost of healthcare was reduced. I don't see that in the future.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

We have an healthcare system that is based entirely on price points,rather than on quality of life...Making the latter outcome totally dependent on affordability...Which seems to me to be quite contrary to all kinds of humanitarian concepts,like those supposedly held by democracies and other 'civilized' societies with regard to the value of one human being as compared to another...A value that should not be measured or calculated by the rules of 'Wall Street'...A person is NOT a commodity...Yet they are treated that way within this so called 'civilized' system...

The root problem of course,is Capitalism...The ''Free-Marketplace'' doesn't hold to that kind of equivalence,whereby the 'patient' is a static factor to be calculated only with respect to how their healthcare needs are met,and not by whether or not,or to what degree they can afford their healthcare...

It's barbaric and it boggles my mind that our culture can justify such inherent inequality...The mere act of injecting a ''for-profit'' insurance component,and allowing it to function according to the rules of FINANCE,rather than those of medical prescription,can never be called 'humane' or even Democratic...And yet so few seem to be able to comprehend that elephant in the room pesky nuance...Another example of how willingly Americans respond to all forms Corporate indoctrination,in particular those in Corporate Media that do ALL the thinking for them...

Comment

Does anybody remember this comment ? I sure do.
                  “Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is.”
                  “But as of right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test — that’s the important thing — and the tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect, right? This was not as perfect as that, but pretty good.”
                  Those comments were from March 6.
                  Today as we come into the second week of May, ( 2 months later ) those tests are still hard to get and usually need to have symptoms, or are a first responder.

Here is a list of the available test sites for my brothers and sisters living in New Jersey.
                  It explains the locations and requirements to obtain a test.
                  Good luck and stay safe my friends.

Where can I get a coronavirus test in N.J.? Latest list of testing centers, requirements (May 10, 2020)
                  As the coronavirus continues to spread in New Jersey, the state continues to expand testing. How to get a coronavirus test varies throughout the state, depending on whether it’s from a private medical facility, a state-run testing site, or one operated by a town or county.
                  Testing kits and other medical supplies needed to collect specimens from sick patients has been hard to come by in New Jersey. For the most part, only people with coronavirus symptoms are being tested. In some places, only medical workers and first responders are able to get a coronavirus test.
                  New Jersey testing sites can also be found at the state’s COVID-19 website. Please call the sites ahead to check the dates and times. Many of these sites are accessible by appointment only.
                  New Jersey test site info here: https://covid19.nj.gov/locations?que...%2Ccoronavirus

Link to the story: https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...y-10-2020.html

Link to the Trump quotes: https://khn.org/news/donald-trumps-w...r-coronavirus/

Comment

Does anybody remember this comment ? I sure do.
                    “Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is.”
                    “But as of right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test — that’s the important thing — and the tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect, right? This was not as perfect as that, but pretty good.”
                    Those comments were from March 6.
                    Today as we come into the second week of May, ( 2 months later ) those tests are still hard to get and usually need to have symptoms, or are a first responder.

Here is a list of the available test sites for my brothers and sisters living in New Jersey.
                    It explains the locations and requirements to obtain a test.
                    Good luck and stay safe my friends.

Where can I get a coronavirus test in N.J.? Latest list of testing centers, requirements (May 10, 2020)

New Jersey test site info here: https://covid19.nj.gov/locations?que...%2Ccoronavirus

Link to the story: https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...y-10-2020.html

Link to the Trump quotes: https://khn.org/news/donald-trumps-w...r-coronavirus/
                    We have places up here in Northeast Pa that you can get tested.. Just got to call and make an appointment.. Don't know what the charges are though..

Comment

This is from one of the local highways in NY near me.. There has been a lot said about Gov Cuomo on how he handled nursing homes.. Not good!!

Comment

Publicly-traded companies blasted for taking small business loans. Those from N.J. got $32M.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...Fk3wt1wIN-7BBg

When the federal government awarded $349 billion in small business loans, Newark’s IDT Corp., whose stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange and is worth $144 million, walked away with a maximum loan of $10 million. Six days later, the company returned the money.

Not so SilverSun Technologies Inc., a company worth almost $10 million whose stock is traded on NASDAQ. The East Hanover-based company so far has kept the $3.2 million loan it received under the paycheck protection program.

In all, 15 publicly traded Garden State companies received funding from the first round of small business loans, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings compiled by Fact Squared, a data company.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                          This is from one of the local highways in NY near me.. There has been a lot said about Gov Cuomo on how he handled nursing homes.. Not good!!

As is Murphy in Jersey,and not only nursing homes,but veteran homes as well...

Comment

Cuomo’s news conferences daily are nauseating to say the least,he is so full of himself and family it’s terrible.
                            He dropped the ball on what and when things should have been done,now he’s trying to cover his tracks and put blame on the federal response, another Teflon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok....What Now?????

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...pandemic-study

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                                We tell the Dems that it is high time they help us make organizing quicker so that we can get them decent healthcare.
                                We do not tell them that they can use us to give healthcare to the employees of scabby crap employers.

Comment

Working...
                                X