Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by crazy View Post
    Just talked to my neighbor and his son and daughter in law work in the Hackensack hospital in New Jersey ..He works in radiology and she is a nurse.. They cannot get masks or gowns.. He is taking masks home and disinfecting them.. She had a corona virus test four days ago and still hasn't got the results.. So yeah a lot of what you are hearing on TV is true.. This hospital is about 30 miles from where those five minute tests are being made but they cannot get any,WTF?

Do you think this is something new?...What do you think I've been talking about here in North Jersey...As I've stated,the situation is dire and grim...Shortage of PPE,masks,medical supplies,and 'testing' has been an ongoing problem in ALL hospitals for awhile now...And it's going to get,I'm sorry to say,'worse',if that's possible...

https://www.cryptomoneynew.com/2020/...-pearl-harbor/

https://nj1015.com/hospitals-so-worr...for-your-help/

https://njbiz.com/holy-name-medical-...pply-shortage/

Comment

Judith Persichilli is NJ's top health official...Roughly two weeks ago I read this article and I thought to myself this woman is exaggerating and fear-mongering to frighten the hell out of us,so they could get the populace to do whatever they wanted us to do...NOW...They were words of wisdom...Judith Persichilli was being honest and truthful,and truth be told,her words still frighten the hell out of us!!!!!

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...virus-war.html

And now we have Governor Murphy making this blanket statement today...May God protect the weak and vulnerable,Bless and keep safe the already afflicted,and those who are about to be...Be Smart...Be Safe...and God Bless...

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html

Comment

here is another example of how and possibly why this virus spread like wildfire. It was carried on the back of commerce. People never stopped flying until a short time ago. Now the planes are used for cargo mostly, with a few airlines still flying a limited number of passengers. Think of all those flights that crossed the world, all those employees in the sky and ground.
        Delta has a large hub in Atlanta.

Delta pilots union: More than 50 report testing positive for coronavirus
        The Delta Air Lines pilots union says more than 50 pilots have reported testing positive for the coronavirus.
        Atlanta-based Delta has roughly 14,000 pilots. The Air Line Pilots Association at Delta asked pilots to voluntarily report via text message if they have tested positive for COVID-19.The union says it is helping to support the pilots and their families, and checks on them to see how their recovery is progressing.Delta has 90,000 employees. Earlier this week, the company said a Delta ground handler in Detroit had died from the coronavirus.The airline said it can confirm that some employees have tested positive, but is not confirming specific numbers.
        The Association of Flight Attendants, a union that represents flight attendants at other airlines but not at Delta, said Thursday that about 150 flight attendants from multiple airlines self-reported that they had tested positive.
        And this is why I don't fly Delta.

Delta’s flight attendants, airport customer service employees, baggage handlers and mechanics are not unionized.
        https://www.ajc.com/blog/airport/del...Ao6lm9OHCZbhO/

Comment

https://abc7ny.com/amp/coronavirus-n...-york/6079276/
          Cats can get it from people and people can get it from cats.

Comment

How's this for an early warning ?
            Notice the date and prominent person associated with this story.

Global Health Experts Advise Advance Planning for Inevitable Pandemic
            January 12, 2017 – As director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984, Anthony S. Fauci, MD, has worked with five presidents who all faced pandemics early in their presidencies. At “Pandemic Preparedness in the Next US Presidential Administration,” a gathering of students and global health experts from academia, government and advocacy at Georgetown on Tuesday, Fauci and other global health leaders encouraged the incoming Trump administration to plan accordingly.
            “If there’s one message that I want to leave with you today based on my experience, it is that there is no question that there will be a challenge to the coming administration in the arena of infectious diseases,” Fauci said.
            “If you think about all the things that could very quickly devastate a population, devastate a country, pandemics is really near if not at the top of that list,” said Ashish K. Jha, MD, MPH, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute. Significant progress towards pandemic preparedness has been made but a lot of work remains, he added. “I would argue that still today, in many ways, we are not ready for the next big pandemic, which is going to come at some point, and so the question is, how do we get ready?
            Setting up a funding mechanism to pay for pandemic response in advance is another critical step the Trump administration can take to prepare for a pandemic, said Amy E. Pope, JD, deputy assistant to the president and deputy homeland security advisor on the National Security Council staff at the White House. There are resources that can be quickly deployed when a community is devastated by a hurricane but not a pandemic, Pope said. “That means we are negotiating with Congress every time we need resources to address an emerging infectious disease and you all know that is a terrible way to do business and does not leave us in a very safe place,” she said.
            Fauci faced that situation during last summer’s Zika outbreak. “We need [a public health emergency fund] because of what we had to go through for Zika,” he said. “I mean, it was very, very painful when the president asked for the $1.9 billion in February and we didn’t get it until September. That was a very painful process.”
            Never say they weren't warned.

https://gumc.georgetown.edu/gumc-sto...able-pandemic/

Comment

Many were wondering if the number of deaths were correctly reported....

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

How does politics play into the decisions over Covid19?? Well here is a story about New York Governor A Cuomo who has a daily press conference on how the virus is attacking the state.
                It is well know Cuomo and the gun manufacturing companies don't see eye to eye. After reading this I would say to Cuomo in the words of another member "Shut the F*** up"

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/ny-gov-cu...munist-chinese

April. 6. 2020

Is it possible that some Americans have become disenchanted with that lovable charmer, New York’s Best Governor™, Andrew Cuomo? Like David Lee Roth singing “Where Have All The Good Times Gone?”, are people looking back on the old days of their Cuomo affair and scratching their heads, because now he’s showing signs of gruffness, disingenuousness, and outright ugliness of character?

And, if so, what could have broken the spell?

Here’s a wild stab in the dark. Some folks might have heard the incredible news that the brother to CNN's Chris Cuomo not only decided the Remington Arms plant in Ilion wasn’t “essential” to remain open (Remington reopened it's doors on April 5th, after the federal government designated gun retailers an "essential service"), but that, despite his claims that his government desperately needed ventilators to save lives, has not replied to Remington’s offer to use its plant and workforce to make ventilators.

According to the Times Telegram:

‘The Remington plant in Ilion now has approximately one million square feet of unused and available manufacturing space,’ said Ken D’Arcy, chief executive officer of Remington Arms in a March 23 letter to Cuomo and President Donald Trump. ‘We would be honored to donate our facility to the production of ventilators, surgical masks, hospital beds or any other products mission-critical to the war on coronavirus.’

As of April 5, Mr. Cuomo- who has had time to make many public statements about the need for ventilators - has not had the time to reply.

Comment

I see alot of blame being put on politicians and the President. This is a very difficult situation for all. No doubt. Nothing like it in 100 years. I think everybody is doing the absolute best they can.
                  My question now, since we do have a private for-profit healthcare system and hospitals, and we can see how a few are monopolizing the whole industry in localities and building and buying and buying out.........I know this is the most extreme emergency in 100 years........but how many respirators, ventilators, masks and gowns should have been expected for the hospitals to have had on hand?
                  They are doing the best I can. I know that. And I appreciate all the employees and medical workers are doing.

Comment

I know there are many on here that think we should have a national healthcare system .. The link below will show the corona cases world wide.. Yeah The US has the most cases but an interesting stat.. Look to the right on the chart and and look at the stat Deaths per million.. Almost every free healthcare European country has more deaths per million than the US.. So is Free healthcare better than pay for healthcare?? I will take the system we have now..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comment

I know there are many on here that think we should have a national healthcare system .. The link below will show the corona cases world wide.. Yeah The US has the most cases but an interesting stat.. Look to the right on the chart and and look at the stat Deaths per million.. Almost every free healthcare European country has more deaths per million than the US.. So is Free healthcare better than pay for healthcare?? I will take the system we have now..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Trillions to the war machine,Trillions ''ONCE AGAIN'' bailing out Wall St and Corporations,tens of thousands of people worldwide have died from this horrible virus...Thousands in the US alone,hospitals in Jersey alone can't even get needed medical supplies to protect or save lives,and your playing politics with charts and graphs claiming ''MY'' healthcare is better than ''THEIR'' healthcare...If that's the case maybe these frontline nurses can voice their opinion about our wonderful healthcare system...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...aving-supplies

And then what in the world are millions of 'Families' going to do when they lose their employer-sponsered healthcare due to layoffs and job losses?....

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-lose-employer

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                        Trillions to the war machine,Trillions ''ONCE AGAIN'' bailing out Wall St and Corporations,tens of thousands of people worldwide have died from this horrible virus...Thousands in the US alone,hospitals in Jersey alone can't even get needed medical supplies to protect or save lives,and your playing politics with charts and graphs claiming ''MY'' healthcare is better than ''THEIR'' healthcare...If that's the case maybe these frontline nurses can voice their opinion about our wonderful healthcare system...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...aving-supplies

And then what in the world are millions of 'Families' going to do when they lose their employer-sponsered healthcare due to layoffs and job losses?....

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-lose-employer
                        Sometimes I don't understand you but in reality I never did nor ever wanted to..I know what is happening in Jersey..I live right on the Delaware River and next to Orange County NY. That is a hotspot as well with deaths from this virus rising daily. My son works in the middle of it . There are some on here that call for Medicare for all seems almost on a daily basis. The chart in the link I provided ?? This is not school. You don't have to look at it if you do not choose to. All I am saying is that the "death rate" for all those European countries with the exception of Germany have a much higher rate than those in the US. As far as those losing healthcare? That is a problem today and hopefully they work it out . Nothing in life is free ..

Comment

It seems that some believe that if universal-free healthcare for all, no strings attached, there would be a difference in the way this virus was handled or the outcome would be different.What is the reasoning for these thoughts or beliefs.Insurance or no insurance, show up at the hospital and they have to service you no matter your status.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                            It seems that some believe that if universal-free healthcare for all, no strings attached, there would be a difference in the way this virus was handled or the outcome would be different.What is the reasoning for these thoughts or beliefs.Insurance or no insurance, show up at the hospital and they have to service you no matter your status.
                            Too much grey area in the way the government is handling it. For example if you come down with a fever and you go to the hospital ,if you test positive you are covered by the government. If luckily and test negative the hospital bill is on you. This I believe will deter many from seeking medical care and simply try to ride it out..So yes insurance is a big problem in this country .

Comment

Too much grey area in the way the government is handling it. For example if you come down with a fever and you go to the hospital ,if you test positive you are covered by the government. If luckily and test negative the hospital bill is on you. This I believe will deter many from seeking medical care and simply try to ride it out..So yes insurance is a big problem in this country .
                              Your probably right on the insurance, to a certain extent.Some people won't go to doctor whether they have insurance or not,doesnt matter what their sickness
                              Many go one time and won't return to follow up with their doctors for many unknown reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                                Maybe not a difference in the way things were handled.
                                However, it's clear that when "socialized" medicine is needed, the government can crank up the printing presses to cover those that are uninsured. Meanwhile, many of us pay substantial premiums for healthcare, and if we are affected we will receive a bill for those nasty co-pays.

The answer to showing up at the hospital and your covered isn't cut and dry. Yes, if you suspect you have the virus, help will come quickly. In any other normal hospital or emergency room visit, they will attend to you in a life saving situation. Otherwise you may be discharged or moved to another facility.

Uninsured and Facing an Emergency?

As an uninsured individual, you may not be familiar with what rights are available to you in an emergency. You have the right to emergency care if you meet the federal guidelines of what constitutes an emergency situation.
                                Once your immediate situation has been assessed and you have been stabilized, your hospital may elect to transfer or discharge you.
                                Please keep in mind just because you go to the emergency room, it does not mean you will be seen if your situation does not constitute an emergency.

Additionally, just because you were treated despite being uninsured doesn’t mean the visit is free. You will be responsible for the full bill and will need to work out a payment arrangement with the hospital. Consider asking for charity care options or discounts that might be available to help offset some of the costs.
                                https://www.patientadvocate.org/expl...w-your-rights/

Comment

Working...
                                X