Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

I had a run in Lancaster County yesterday. New Holland, Lititz, over into Honey Brook.
    It was super windy. I had a small truck and was blowing all over the road. And saw a 53 with a sleeper laid over on its side from wind blocking one lane on 222.

Anyways. I had a very brief talk with an Amishman loading me. It's always very brief with me and them. They seem to not want to talk much but just work.
    So I had a medical mask on and I said this virus is scarey. He agreed with the normal serious face they usually seem to have.
    And he looked around the field and sky and said. "Yes. It is. Maybe the wind will blow it aught (out)?" And he drove his forklift back into his warehouse.
    Yep. Maybe the wind will blow it out of here.
    They can be witty and humorous with their seriousness.

Comment

With the presidential election under seven months from now the coronavirus will be front and center and now the blame game has started..

Obama administration repeatedly sought to cut PPE stockpile, but Biden team points to GOP-led 'budget squeeze'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...pile-biden-gop

Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign has recently stepped up its attacks on President Trump's pandemic preparedness, drawing what could be one of the most consequential battle lines of the presidential race amid the coronavirus crisis. A widely cited USA Today fact-check, which found that the Obama administration had allowed the N95 mask stockpile to deplete, has become a flashpoint in that increasingly murky and numbers-heavy debate.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        With the presidential election under seven months from now the coronavirus will be front and center and now the blame game has started..

Obama administration repeatedly sought to cut PPE stockpile, but Biden team points to GOP-led 'budget squeeze'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...pile-biden-gop
        Ah yes,of course,here we go,the 'Divide and Conquer' Good Cop-Bad-Cop...Red-Team-Blue Team JOURNEY begins!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
          Ah yes,of course,here we go,the 'Divide and Conquer' Good Cop-Bad-Cop...Red-Team-Blue Team JOURNEY begins!!!!!
          You all could eliminate the "Divide & Conquer" thing.. Ya all welcome to the "RED" side.

Comment

Better dead then "RED" !

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You all could eliminate the "Divide & Conquer" thing.. Ya all welcome to the "RED" side.
              I wouldn't have expected any other response from you than the one you just gave,it's not your fault,you had no choice...You simply don't have the capacity to see beyond your ideology,your guy,your team...Well,I'll let you in on a little secret...The base of the ''RED''team,as well as the base of the ''BLUE'' team,don't care enough to recognize the ''CON'',BECAUSE of Corporate America's and Corporate Media's 'Divide and Conquer' the Working Class BS...Let me tell you something brother,your precious Trump and the ''RED'' team,as well as the Democrats ''BLUE'' team,is pissing down your back,telling you it's raining,and than selling you umbrellas...And if you don't believe that,there is a bridge across the river from Jersey in Brooklyn that I'd be glad to sell you!!!!....Screw both the ''RED'' and ''BLUE'' teams like they've been SCREWING the Working Class for decades...It's way past time for a ''THIRD'' team...The Working Class Team...Until then,both parties can go to Hell!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                I wouldn't have expected any other response from you than the one you just gave,it's not your fault,you had no choice...You simply don't have the capacity to see beyond your ideology,your guy,your team...Well,I'll let you in on a little secret...The base of the ''RED''team,as well as the base of the ''BLUE'' team,don't care enough to recognize the ''CON'',BECAUSE of Corporate America's and Corporate Media's 'Divide and Conquer' the Working Class BS...Let me tell you something brother,your precious Trump and the ''RED'' team,as well as the Democrats ''BLUE'' team,is pissing down your back,telling you it's raining,and than selling you umbrellas...And if you don't believe that,there is a bridge across the river from Jersey in Brooklyn that I'd be glad to sell you!!!!....Screw both the ''RED'' and ''BLUE'' teams like they've been SCREWING the Working Class for decades...It's way past time for a ''THIRD'' team...The Working Class Team...Until then,both parties can go to Hell!!!!
                It was meant as a humorous reply.. Sorry if it went over your head.. My apology Wizard.. Next time I will put the smilie face on it..

Comment

I know it was mentioned about the ABF brooklyn terminal being closed due to the Coronavirus and sadly they lost one today.. May he RIP

https://teamster.org/news/2020/04/up...QbAotkKqq8a_rQ

It is with great sadness that I have to report that we lost a union brother to the Covid-19 virus. Tommy Hogan, a shop steward at the ABF Freight terminal in Brooklyn, New York and recording secretary for Local 707 died due to complications from Covid-19. Brother Hogan was a terrific guy and was liked by all. No words can describe how sad this is. He will truly be missed. Our deepest condolences go out to Tommy Hogan’s family and friends.

We find ourselves in unprecedented situations in the freight industry. We have seen some terminals this week where someone has tested positive for the virus. ABF’s Brooklyn terminal was shut down, is being deep cleaned and disinfected and may reopen on Friday, April 10 if cleared by state health officials. At a YRC terminal, a lower-level supervisor tested positive and the terminal was temporarily shut down while it was disinfected. There are, however, approximately 18 members and six non-bargaining unit employees who had been in contact with that supervisor, and they have now been placed on a mandatory 14-day quarantine. That terminal has since reopened. There are other terminals that have similarly been hit by the virus. In all cases, the appropriate governmental authorities were promptly contacted.

Comment

It was meant as a humorous reply.. Sorry if it went over your head.. My apology Wizard.. Next time I will put the smilie face on it..

Nothing goes over my head brother,nothing...funny how your humor constitutes joining the ''RED TEAM''...I simply clarified that humor with my own interpretation of said humor...and if I felt the need,next time would be no different...Going way off topic of such a devastating and serious thread,and for that I apologize to all...

Comment

I know it was mentioned about the ABF brooklyn terminal being closed due to the Coronavirus and sadly they lost one today.. May he RIP

https://teamster.org/news/2020/04/up...QbAotkKqq8a_rQ
                      Now it really is starting to hit home for all of us...My neighbor,the one I've mentioned,the beloved by all educator and coach of the town I live in,has sadly passed away from the virus...He taught and coached my own daughters,as well as so many of the parents,and their sons and daughters...Our deepest condolences and prayers to his family...

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                        I'm sorry to hear this Slave. Prayers go out to you and yours from the lifer clan.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
                        Thank you. It makes me nervous but I think she will be ok. Very low death rate for her age group. I really hope she gets it now and gets over it and acquires immunity to it.
                        Because she is put with 2 weeks pay even if she is negative I think. And she will continue to go back to work and the virus just keeps going around.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                          My girl got sent home today. Almost 30 positives at her job.
                          A bunch have returned from being positive and out for 2 weeks. No hospitalizations. Another bunch were sent to be tested today. She is hot and cold, freezing and sweating simultaneously. And a little sore throat. Some have also been sick but tested negative. So it will be 3-5 days for results to return. She lives with a friend. Who also works with her. She'll probably be ok but I wish she was home. Easter weekend. Even with no Churches or visiting it will probably be closer to 5 days for results.
                          Also my thoughts and prayers slave!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                            My girl got sent home today. Almost 30 positives at her job.
                            A bunch have returned from being positive and out for 2 weeks. No hospitalizations. Another bunch were sent to be tested today. She is hot and cold, freezing and sweating simultaneously. And a little sore throat. Some have also been sick but tested negative. So it will be 3-5 days for results to return. She lives with a friend. Who also works with her. She'll probably be ok but I wish she was home. Easter weekend. Even with no Churches or visiting it will probably be closer to 5 days for results.
                            Sorry to hear that, Slave... My prayers go out to her

Comment

Well as of today, one of our members and driver was tested positive on the Coronavirus and three drivers are quarantined at home because they team up routes with the driver affected.
                              The sad thing about this, that driver has a brother and his father that were Diagnose With the Coronavirus, and hang around them and He continue to come to work knowing he was Expose to Coronavirus, which is :\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\ because he exposed the equipments we used but we always Disinfect Our equipment.
                              God forbid that others won’t contact this virus.
                              As of today too, there’s a professional crew at the yard disinfecting equipments and offices, warehouse now for the next 7 days.
                              Haven’t been to yard yet, here in Tucson on layover route now, but I’ll be heading in soon

Comment

damn nuno that sucks. he knew and still went around other people? I hope your ok. you said equipment "we" used but disinfected it also.

Comment

Working...
                                X